Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Now That's Tough on Crime

Now That's Tough on Crime
    Written by Mark Nichols
    There's nothing a cop hates more than the idea of a violent criminal getting "kid gloves" treatment from soft on crime courts and judges. If the criminal in question killed a cop it's even worse. That's why it's so refreshing to hear about a judge that knows where cop killers belong and for how long. According to NBC Miami, Yancy Polk, a 26-year-old Broward man was sentenced to 14 life sentences for shooting a Coral Springs police officer four times while trying to escape after a robbery.

Thankfully the cop, Paul Kempinski, survived.

But the fact that Kempinski was lucky did not play into the judge's sentencing formula.
    Judge Jeffrey Levenson gave the would-be cop-killer 14 life sentences.

"Your choices and your conduct were obviously reprehensible," Levenson said before handing down the sentence.

"Each step along the way it escalated. Each step along the way you had a choice. And each step along the way you made a bad choice."

Polk and another man robbed an auto parts store of $1,200, but cops arrived and gave chase when the suspects' fled.

After shooting Kempinski, Polk stormed a nearby house and took a family hostage for about an hour before finally surrendering.

During the sentencing, Levenson read each life sentence individually.
    Now Polk will have a very long time to reflect on his bad choices.
    Bravo to the judge. I hope he covered all his bases in the sentence and added "without benefit...", otherwise, we'll see him again...

Its sad but true that in spite of the intent (and for that matter, authority) of some judges, someone down the line will allow this animal back into the free world.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Second best result possible given the crimes.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Bravo to the judge! It feels good to say that instead of shame on the judge! I hope this is a trend.
    Arm the sheep!

Thread Information