Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Broke Hoss
  • 1 Post By KaiGywer

Thread: Cover Photo

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Cover Photo

I got my latest issue & the cover photo caught my eye.

Several years ago, a few of us were trying to get a mounted patrol started here. We did a few things, mainly just parades, & weekend park patrol. Our admin arranged for 2 of us to spend the day with Ft Worth PD's mounted unit & I was lucky enough to be 1 of those.

We spent an entire day there. We started at the stables & learned how they obtain their horses; the training for horse & rider & how they are deployed throughout the city. We got to spend the afternoon actually riding on patrol with them & Shelby (the officer in the photo) was 1 of our hosts.

Let me tell you, I've been around horses most of my life and the abilities of the officers & mounts of Ft Worth's unit are second to none. Their professionalism is outstanding and the positive image they give for the department is invaluable. While riding in The Stockyards, we actually had to move out of the public's eye in order to accomplish some things without being interrupted by someone wanting to pet the horses or take a picture.

And I'll never forget, while downtown, getting to see an officer issue a citation for running a red light from horseback.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke Hoss View Post
    And I'll never forget, while downtown, getting to see an officer issue a citation for running a red light from horseback.
    Broke Hoss likes this.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Thread Information