Welcome to the APBWeb.
    ashton is offline Rookie

criminal justice class survey

hello my name is Ashton i am in a criminal justice class and i am striving to be in law enforcement my self. if possible please answer the folliowing

1.do you enjoy your career? yes or no? please explain.

2. are you happy with your salary v.s. the work load you are faced with? why or why not? please explain/

3. would you recommend this career to another individiual considering the job? why or why not? please explain.

4. at what age did you decide you wanted to become an officer? What made you come to relize the position was for you?

5. How high is the stress level in this field? is it as high as most become believe?

6. How many hours do you spend a week on the job? does it get slow or boring at time?

7. Do you have a close relationship with your fellow officers? do you socialize with them of the clock?

8. how does your family cope with you being a officer? are they proud of your position?

9. what is one thing that you dislike about your career? please explain.

10. if you had a chance to go back and do everyhting over again would you still go back and become part of the law enforcement community?

in order to turn in this survery to my criminal justice professor i need to know the following

Name:

Official job title:

Business address:

Business email or phone number

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ashton View Post

in order to turn in this survery to my criminal justice professor i need to know the following

Name:

Official job title:

Business address:

thats a lot to ask for on your first post

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Agreed. You wont be given a Name, or an employer

ashton is offline Rookie
    I know its alot...i fully understand i actaully competely this survery once before with a officer in my community and i wnet to recovery and and print it tonight and appearently it was lost...its due in the morning and ts 12 30...i would even agree to give infromeation in return as somewhat of an insurance policy if in any way possible

Just Bull shit it

ashton is offline Rookie
    would...my luck he would email to confirm...or all the students would..im sorry i didnt feel this would be such a problem.. i just need the questions answered im not a bad guy i wanna be a cop lol

would...my luck he would email to confirm...or all the students would..im sorry i didnt feel this would be such a problem.. i just need the questions answered im not a bad guy i wanna be a cop lol
    No offense but I'm not sure if you're going to get any sympathy. Seriously you shouldn't have waited till the night before and uh no ones going to give you their information.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

ashton is offline Rookie
    unfortunately i am coming to relize this....if you read my previous post you would see that i went to print tonight and the interview i did with deputy with my sheriffs departement was lost....i guess it was deleted...i have a A in the class and this is going to drop me a grade maybe 2..sorry for your time

Its ok. But its a lot to expect for an LEO to give out his personal info online to a stranger.

madmax643 is offline training the worlds finest
    dude really... its an ok job it will make you insane, watch supertroopers that will tell you everything you need to know

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Two things. 1.Check your grammar and spelling and 2. Don't be ridiculous!
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Just Bull shit it
    I'm with you on this one. I immediately, after reading what he wanted said to myself "yeah right, no one is going to respond to this guys "questions" Kid, just wing it....

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I don't want your first impression of this forum to be a bad one, but we do have a saying in this job: A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Good luck, and I'm glad you understand why we are hesitant to give strangers over the internets our personal information.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Two things. 1.Check your grammar and spelling and 2. Don't be ridiculous!
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax643 View Post
    dude really... its an ok job it will make you insane, watch supertroopers that will tell you everything you need to know
    Madmax is right.... Super Troopers = LEO cliff notes.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 11-13-06 at 10:27 AM.

"Stupid should hurt."

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Survey

Answer to your questions:

1. Yes - pay ain't bad and it keeps me out of the house

2. Yes - Salary isn't bad for what I do now. Before, it sucked

3. Yes - But only if divorced two or three times and been in rehab.

4. At a very early age, the Judge told me go in the Military or else. Oops, wrong job. Yeah, whats a burned out grunt going to do.

5. Yup, Yup

6. Truly, some times only 45-50 hrs, some times double, 2 20 hrs straight are tuff.

7. When I get away, I want to be as far as can from some of the socialpaths I work with.

8. Wife loves it, the malls always open I don't have to go with her. Sure she is proud, gets out of traffic tickets..

9. Answering stupid questions from the perps. Like: Why am I under arrest??? or I wasn't speeding, I have my radar detector on

10. Oh Yes, It has been the 2d most 30+ years of fun I ever had. The first 25 of my life was the Military, and with the pension, my wife can go to the mall every day.

1. Not asked, but excuse my spelling - see #4 above

NAME-OFF TITLE, ADDRESS: No Way Jose, If my boss sees this I won't have a job and will have to go to the mall with my wife everyday.

In other words, please don't as these questions if you have to ID the questioneer. I have taken a lot of these from my local University and they never asked for IDs. PS: What is YOUR credit card and pin number??? The same thing.

Good luck.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    hello my name is Ashton i am in a criminal justice class and i am striving to be in law enforcement my self. if possible please answer the folliowing

Name:

Official job title:

Business address:

Something just tells me that you got this assignment something like, say, 8 or 10 weeks ago... And something tells me that you were supposed to interview (as in sit down and talk to) someone in law enforcement to get this information.

There's a reason for doing that. This site does a great job verifying people, so there's a damn good (almost 100%) chance that anyone who's indicated as a "Verified LEO" is really a cop. But lots of the internet isn't like that.

On top of that -- you learn something in sitting down and talking to someone that typed answers won't give you. There's a give and take in an interview, and LEOs do a lot of interviews, so it's good experience to get you started.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    unfortunately i am coming to relize this....if you read my previous post you would see that i went to print tonight and the interview i did with deputy with my sheriffs departement was lost....i guess it was deleted...i have a A in the class and this is going to drop me a grade maybe 2..sorry for your time
    Let's see... You sat down and talked with a deputy for at least 5 or 10 minutes -- probably longer, right? You don't remember what he or she said? (You do realize that remembering what someone said in an interview is kind of important in law enforcement, don't you?) You don't remember who you talked to -- even if you only remember "Deputy Doe", and you don't know the general phone number for the department, and can't find it in a phone book?

Seems to me that you should be able to piece this back together... with a bit of effort.

If not... Seems to me that most areas have some form of law enforcement around 24/7. Maybe you could find someone that way...

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    1.do you enjoy your career? yes what other job do you get to play with guns and other toys. Drive fast have lights and sirens. Get to deal with the same issues by the same families, put up with politics wiite tickes and be on call 24/7 and still have time to find 5 minutes to do what you want to do

2. are you happy with your salary v.s. the work load you are faced with? i would like to see us get paid per call of service, They pay other professions based on comission why not ours. There would be alot more happier cops

3. would you recommend this career to another individiual considering the job? depends who is asking but sure. It is a fun job and you get a nice retirement

4. at what age did you decide you wanted to become an officer? 5, when i saw miami vice I wanted a job like cracker... i mean crocket and i wanted a boat with a pet croc

5. How high is the stress level in this field? is it as high as most become believe? Stress is high but mainly because of political BS and administration BS

6. How many hours do you spend a week on the job? does it get slow or boring at time? yes there are times that it gets slow and boring but it picks up soon enough

7. Do you have a close relationship with your fellow officers? do you socialize with them of the clock? I socialize with mainly cops

8. how does your family cope with you being a officer? are they proud of your position? They deal and yes

9. what is one thing that you dislike about your career? please explain. as i stated before the political BS

10. if you had a chance to go back and do everyhting over again would you still go back and become part of the law enforcement community? yes

Name: BEK320

Official job title: police officer

Business address: BEK320@lawenforcementforums.co m

Thread Information