Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    ive never had a problem with any federal agency. both as a corrections officer and a county police officer ive worked with the US Marshalls, INS, DEA, Secret Service, and specialzed units like ICE. Ive personally always found them to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

keep in mind that although ive worked with these units, its always been on a limited basis. its not like i see them everyday. in fact, its very rare that i get a chance to work directly with them at all. also ive never had the pleasure of working with the FBI so i have no comment there. i know when i cant identify someone i arrested, i fax their prints to the FBI, and they always resopond promptly with a match, so i guess i have no complaints.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My first taste of law enforcement was an internship with the Secret Service in college. Had a great experience and the SAIC told me to always use his name as a reference. He also knew that I wanted to eventually come back as an agent. His words to me, "Local law enforcement can do thier job without us. We can't do our job without them." Know that I've seen both sides of the curtain I know what he means.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    As a Fed C/O I have never had a problem with Fed Police or municipal police. However I have had issues with Provincial Corrections. There is a little bitternes as we tend to make more, we start full time not casual. It just seems hit or miss, i've had about 60-40 with them 60% bad and 40% good. I don't undertand it, the way i look at it, we are all Peace Officers, whether youa fed leo, a beat cop, a state c/o a fed c/o a customs or border patrol, you carry a badge and fight bad guys. Too many guys forget that. Ultimately we are all on the same team, as corny as that sounds it's true.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

2209 is offline Officer First Class
    I just got a class taught by a Customs guy. It was pretty cool.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    All of the Agencies I have dealt with have been good, minus the FBI. I didn't like the way they did or do stuff.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Animi View Post
    Hollywood has taught the general public the stereotype that local police don't like feds; that feds try to take all the credit; that feds may not respect locals; etc. In your experience is this realistic or not?

From my perspective it would seem that both need each other to effectively combat a lot of different types of crime.
    There is some good natured joking around with the Feds when I've dealt with them (US: "Let us real cops show you how to do police work"... FEDS: "yeah, well, we're just here to manage you anyway, that's why we have the suits", etc). I've never had any bad encounters with the Fed folks... Only ones I deal with on a regular basis are the ATF guys (primarily when we get a bad-guy with a gun and want to go with Federal charges). Our ATF guys have been very helpful and professional, and I like working with them.

hmm... Hollywood got some stuff wrong, go figure.

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    I was a detective for a few years with my agency. I mostly worked fraud cases and I found the local Secret Service agents to be very helpful and easy to work with. Back in the summer of 2004 I worked a burlgary in which 28 handguns were stolen from a local gunstore. The ATF agents were also a tremendous help. Thanks in part to their assistance I was able to charge three of the four suspects and we recovered fourteen of the stolen guns.

On the other hand I haven't been impressed with the FBI. They never show up to help, they never have any interest in taking cases in which Federal laws have been broken and they just aren't very helpful. They also tend to be real patronizing. I haven' had any experience working with the Marshals or DEA.

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    I've had good relations with Feds - although, I would be annoyed if I were in the situations some posters have been in!
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

Watchman is offline Rookie
    The only work I've ever done with Feds was in drug eradication wth the DEA and the ATF. Everyone was fairly proffessional in the dealings.

Some of those field agents in the ATF guys were awful cocky though. I beleive some of them actually thought they were bulletproof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information