Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bak407 is offline Butt Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Mine comes from Vicente Fox
    O.K. Tony.....you now owe me one keyboard, as I just shot root-beer out my nose, and onto my NEW wireless keyboard! 154498433755485241331796485552 pesos should cover it.
    Last edited by bak407; 12-03-06 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Root-beer in the keyboard caused typing problems.
    FTL_Ian saved my career! Now my productivity is up 450%. Thanks FTL_Ian, you worked for me!

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    Mine comes from the President of The United States.

Mine come from Congress.

dlux is offline --
    Why haven't we had a ban Ian thread yet?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlux View Post
    Why haven't we had a ban Ian thread yet?
    It's not as fun to beat up on someone who fights back!

markw76 is offline Guy behind the mic
    Quote Originally Posted by bak407 View Post
    O.K. Tony.....you now owe me one keyboard, as I just shot root-beer out my nose, and onto my NEW wireless keyboard! 154498433755485241331796485552 pesos should cover it.
    You gotta remember to turn your head when you hork, man...
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible actions." ~ George Washington.

A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers.

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by markw76 View Post
    My wife. Just ask her.
    HA I knew you were p whipped!

bikecop3141 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    And the Current Events Awareness, International Subdivision Prize goes to 2209!

But maybe Tony's a diehard loyalist who will go down fighting for his leader, elections be darned.
    Damn, Jenna, that was funny! I may have to change my opinion of you if you keep it up!

As for my authority, it comes from the state of Tn and the city I work for by virtue of my employment as an agent of said gov't and an enforcer of the law.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    My authority comes from Brad and Will.

"Stupid should hurt."

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Hmm... I noticed that Ian never replied to this thread, and I haven't seen him around lately. Guess the freedom fighters have grown tired of talking with us evil agents of the regime?

We win, by forfeit!!! (oh, and because we are jack-booted thugs with guns )

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I think since he didn't have his buddies here to "not harass" us like he "didn't tell them to do" he lost interest.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I think since he didn't have his buddies here to "not harass" us like he "didn't tell them to do" he lost interest.
    +1

I played around on their site for a little while (per their invitation). You can't even have an intelligent debate with those guys without it digressing into some kind of mindless rhetoric. They aren't Libertarians, they are flat out anarchists. None of their views hold any water, and the only argument they have for anything that they drone on about is that it is "individual freedom". Shit, go live on an island somewhere, no one will bother you then. The idea that everyone should do exactly what they want, with no government interference, just doesn't work in a society of 300 million people.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Mine comes from Vicente Fox

Was the authority document fraudulent?

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Mine come from Congress.
    Mine is a long story about 9-11 and the patriot act.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Authority on Earth ultimately belongs to (I know that's not the same as 'comes from') anyone who has the ability to use brute force to subject their will on others. Our Founding Fathers were traitors to the Crown, but they banded together and used force to send the King packing.

If you don't like our laws, you have two choices: Obey them, and work for political change (and thank God that you live in a country that gives you that option), or disobey them, and be imprisoned by authorities that have the ability to force their will on you. You can resist, and you may even take a few cops out if you're good. But you will ultimately lose because more people in this country will fight for its current government than against it.

You forgot door #3, you can haul your sorry ass the hell out of my America; there are no walls or any thing else to impede you on your way.
    So start hauling, and donít give me any bullshit about your a citizen, born here or any other crap, just haul your sorry ass carcass over the border; I donít can which one youíve got four directions.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

FTL_Ian is offline Professional Iconoclast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocop View Post
    So, Ian, what is your take on where authority comes from?... since you raised the question originally.
    It's a myth. Government is a group of men and women offering their "services" at the point of a gun.

"Society" did not give authority to government and by proxy the police. "Society" is nothing more than individuals. Individuals don't have authority over other individuals, therefore they cannot delegate authority to anyone. Walking behind a curtain and "voting" doesn't change that.

And now, a little vision for you:

As more people wake up to the fact that government is force, non-coercive, voluntary alternatives will be presented to replace government's "services". They will be adopted and government will be replaced by private property and free market based services.

Worry not about employment, unless you are a sadist or an otherwise bad cop. Good cops will be hired into all sorts of protection-services related fields. No organization based on customer service will accept sadists and bad guys in their workforce, as if they do the customers will go elsewhere.

You'll also benefit as incompetent, bureaucratic administrators are eliminated in efficiently operated protection agencies.

Hope that helps.
    Free Talk Live : Talk Radio YOU Control
    http://freetalklive.com

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    dee dee dee
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

FTL_Ian is offline Professional Iconoclast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Nah, took a break. It's no easy task to run a nationally syndicated radio show!
    Free Talk Live : Talk Radio YOU Control
    http://freetalklive.com

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    it aint easy bein cheesy

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    What I find most amusing about your logic, Ian, is that you trust large corporations to govern themselves. Which means if that ideology were used today, they'd be handing out cigarettes in the Phillip-Morris Kindergarden Smoke Break. They'd be little brightly-colored cigarette packs with Mickey Mouse on them.

Your idea of government regulations- or lack thereof- is like communism: Sounds good in theory, but is catostrophic in practice.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

2209 is offline Officer First Class
    My actual authority comes from that darn good looking guy that I see in the mirror every morning!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information