Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: question

  1. #21
    BigDawg's Avatar
    BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    06-15-06
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    5,312
    Rep Power
    1659728
    and I-Pack,
    really you should fear the cops because your breaking the laws. Other than that reason no you shouldn't.
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper


    Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan


    " I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

    Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)


    The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

  2. #22
    BigDawg's Avatar
    BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    06-15-06
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    5,312
    Rep Power
    1659728
    Its the normal reation that goes hand in hand with NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

    Its always someone elses fault. Its the cops fault that I went to jail for having Marijuana not mine. He ruined my life not me.



    Give me a break!
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper


    Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan


    " I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

    Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)


    The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

  3. #23
    Dinosaur32's Avatar
    Dinosaur32 is offline Long In The Tooth
    Join Date
    08-31-06
    Location
    Suffolk County, New York
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    44779
    In a purely intellectual setting, the "law-abiding" citizen would be more affected by the encroachment on their civil liberties by unreasonable searches and seizures. Individual instances of criminality might adversely affect a single citizen or group of citizens for a limited period of time. Action by the government that wears away at civil liberties eventually affect all citizens until the actions are corrected. If I remember my US Constitution, there is no mention of crimes by individuals against individuals. The constitution was written to protect all citizens from misdeeds by government.

  4. #24
    I_Pack is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-29-06
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    I fear myself is what you're saying, OK! I fear police, simple as that, I've been searched illegally twice, both my vehicle and my person. My once good friend is now an active LEO, he's a total asshole, we were playing my Wii two nights ago, I sparked a joint and he threatened me with the law, in my own home. I've known this guy since I was 4 or 5 we smoked pot together for a decade straight and he threatens me in my home of all places, what a hypocrite. I have to fear my own friend now. Your point is that I have a choice whether to smoke mary jane or not, right? That I would have nothing to fear if I didn't break the law, right? Wrong, I have been illegally searched twice, as I have stated above. I didn't give consent for him to search my person or my vehicle either of the times, and there was no probable cause, unless you count "we had a call about gunfire in this area". I just walked out of my house and a cop searched me, no joke he used that line, sat me on the sidewalk as he searched my person and my friends vehicle, he demanded that I extinguish my cigarette. Last time I checked, the street was public property, surely it was not his so how could he order me to put put MY cigarette out while I'm smoking on what is tantamount to MY property, public property. He can't so I didn't. Needless to say he didn't appreciate me disrespecting his "authority" I could tell that he was a little heated, we sat on that cold curb for probably half an hour as he searched my friends vehicle and ran our licenses. After his fruitless thorough searching he "let us go". You can bet that he was trying to pin us with whatever he could, I was going to get his badge number file a report and jump through all the hoops but I knew nothing would come of it.

  5. #25
    BigDawg's Avatar
    BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    06-15-06
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    5,312
    Rep Power
    1659728
    So your friend is a hypocrit because you disrespected him? You know he is LEO now, and he took an oath to uphold the laws. And you try to throw that in his face basically saying to thell with him and lighting a joint in front of him? Now that is some cold shit man.

    Like Ive said before just because you dont agree with a law doesnt mean you can ignore it, and most laws dont stop when you get on your property. I said MOST laws, and drug laws are one of them. How about a bit of respect for him huh?

    As far as what the cops did to you that day, if thats all there was to it, no I dont agree with their actions. But thats doesnt mean all cops are bad. Just because I deal with mostly bad people all day doesnt mean all people are bad does it?

    So from your response you have a larger probability of haveing a run in with a cop who will violate your current rights, (not what you want them to be, but what they are) then having an encounter with a criminal?

    If that is so then I guess all cops should quit and turn society over to the criminals, seems there better people than we are huh?
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper


    Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan


    " I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

    Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)


    The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

  6. #26
    I_Pack is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-29-06
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    So your friend is a hypocrit because you disrespected him? You know he is LEO now, and he took an oath to uphold the laws. And you try to throw that in his face basically saying to thell with him and lighting a joint in front of him? Now that is some cold shit man.
    Don't forget that he was in MY home (that still means something to me), that he has smoked pot with me on countless occasions, and that we were playing the new Wii.

    Like Ive said before just because you dont agree with a law doesnt mean you can ignore it, and most laws dont stop when you get on your property. I said MOST laws, and drug laws are one of them. How about a bit of respect for him huh?
    Maybe your right, maybe I should have respected him because he serves and protects, maybe he should respect me as an old friend and not threaten me in my home. I can see both sides here. I ignore laws everyday just like everyone else(traffic laws) so I can ignore them, but you are saying I shouldn't, there's a big difference there. I'm getting into morals now and that's where I usually end this type of conversation.

    As far as what the cops did to you that day, if thats all there was to it, no I dont agree with their actions. But thats doesnt mean all cops are bad. Just because I deal with mostly bad people all day doesnt mean all people are bad does it?
    I don't fanatically hate police, I have a lot of respect for them, their job is dangerous and honorable. Lots of respect, when they give it to me, which is more often then not. I have had many run-ins with genuinely good cops, c'mon they're people too. There are always going to be good ones and there are always going to be rotten ones, that's just life. I fear cops because they have a lot of power, and the rotten ones can use that against you.

    So from your response you have a larger probability of haveing a run in with a cop who will violate your current rights, (not what you want them to be, but what they are) then having an encounter with a criminal?
    From empirical data that I have gathered throughout my 22 years on this planet, yes. Maybe if I lived in a high crime area my perception would be different.

    If that is so then I guess all cops should quit and turn society over to the criminals, seems there better people than we are huh?
    Peace officers are necessary, it is debatable whether cops are necessary or not, some criminals might be better people than some police and vice versa. There is no absolute "better", a lot of factors have to be taken into consideration. But overall I would assume that most police are better people than criminals, especially violent criminals. Gotta remember that being better as a person does not make you superior or them inferior, it simply means that they have a different set of morals that many see as being wrong.
    Last edited by I_Pack; 12-01-06 at 02:07 PM.

  7. #27
    BigDawg's Avatar
    BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    06-15-06
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    5,312
    Rep Power
    1659728
    OK I can see your point on several topics here. And yes he may have smoked with you in the past, hope it wasnt when he was a cop. If so then he is the hypocrit!!! And yes he should have respected you in your house, I agree. But that law doesnt stop being a law once your enter your property. But that is a debate that I dont think either of us will ever agree on so I will end it there.


    And no, being better doesnt make you superior. And yes, there are some bad cops out there unfortunatly.

    So tell me the real burning question still comes down to this..............




    Who won the video game??? People want to know!!!!!
    Last edited by BigDawg; 12-01-06 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Spelling...trying to type to fast.
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper


    Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan


    " I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

    Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)


    The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

  8. #28
    bayern's Avatar
    bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-19-06
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    1392797

    Queston

    I Pack - Considering that I pack(legally) or am armed with a blade almost everywhere I go, and am an occassional drug user. I fear the cops.
    ============================== ============================
    And rightly so - When, note not if, but when you get caught, you may very likely lose your right to, as you say "Pack." Most states frown on people "packing" while using illegal drugs. Now, if you leave your weapon (hand gun) home while out doing your thing, the knife could cause you problems and cause it to be confiscated. Further, doing dope while armed with a deadly weapon CAN AND WILL CAUSE YOU MORE GRIEF then you handle. You lose either way. Go to Jail for the dope and lose your weapon. It can be verrrry costly to get it back in some states.

    ============================== ===========================
    Peace officers are necessary, it is debatable whether cops are necessary...
    ============================== ===========================

    I believe that they are one in the same.

    It appears to me that you don't like Police Officers and have an adversion to authority. So be it, you are not alone, but please don't think that most of us would lose our jobs and livelyhood doing something "Illegal" or against our Departments Policies. Y'all just aint worth it. There are more nportant things out there then some dopper making a pain of him self on the street corner. However, if my supervisor, following department policies, assigns me to deal with you, it WILL be done efficiently, effectively and legally and PROFESSIONALLY. I'll go home with a clear consious and sleep well knowing that I did a days (or nights) worth of work to the best of my ability and will have no problems seeing you in court.

  9. #29
    I_Pack is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-29-06
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Bahaha. He kicked my ass at bowling but I totally whooped him at boxing.

    And rightly so - When, note not if, but when you get caught, you may very likely lose your right to, as you say "Pack." Most states frown on people "packing" while using illegal drugs. Now, if you leave your weapon (hand gun) home while out doing your thing, the knife could cause you problems and cause it to be confiscated. Further, doing dope while armed with a deadly weapon CAN AND WILL CAUSE YOU MORE GRIEF then you handle. You lose either way. Go to Jail for the dope and lose your weapon. It can be verrrry costly to get it back in some states.
    I am aware of this, my pot does not leave the home, under certain circumstances I am forced to drive/walk whilst in possession. When doing so my pistol stays at home. Also, I'm an occasional user, not a pothead.

    It appears to me that you don't like Police Officers and have an adversion to authority. So be it, you are not alone, but please don't think that most of us would lose our jobs and livelyhood doing something "Illegal" or against our Departments Policies. Y'all just aint worth it. There are more nportant things out there then some dopper making a pain of him self on the street corner. However, if my supervisor, following department policies, assigns me to deal with you, it WILL be done efficiently, effectively and legally and PROFESSIONALLY. I'll go home with a clear consious and sleep well knowing that I did a days (or nights) worth of work to the best of my ability and will have no problems seeing you in court.
    I don't like certain police officers as with all professions there are good and bad apples, let it be known that when I come into contact with an LEO I do not instantly assume that they are a bad person.

    I never said you should not pursue 'criminals' possessing or distributing illicit drugs, it's your job to do so. I choose not to obey ill founded laws, your job is to enforce them, no hard feelings.
    Last edited by I_Pack; 12-01-06 at 03:48 PM.

  10. #30
    Doc_Holliday's Avatar
    Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Join Date
    10-29-06
    Location
    Oklahoma....for now
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    118712
    I pack, i am confused...you seem to have different minds about things...perhaps its merely because we don't know all the facts...but in one breath you say you have no problems with LEO's pursuing "criminals" (which you put in quotations, and I am not sure why...maybe because you dont think people who posess illegal controlled substances are criminals, or maybe its just that you dont think YOU are a criminal....points to ponder..) but prior to that in another post you villified your "friend" who is a LEO for taking offense to your brandishing an illegal controlled substance in front of him? Wasnt he well within his rights? Now if he still smokes but wanted to give you crap, then he is a hypocrit...but that doesnt change the fact that you are breaking the law. On a bit of a sidebar, the fact that you were "in your own house" has no bearing on what you were doing. Simply being in your home does not absolve you from the penalties for breaking the law...I am sure the LEO's on this board have heard that one a million times...I have even heard it from a DUI...who failed to yield and tried to make it to his driveway so he would be safe.

    i also dont buy in to this greater collective thinking of individual morality...if you think it ok, then it is for you, Im ok your ok, whatever name you pin on it its a load of crap as well....I believe in real good in the world and real evil...and NO, I am not saying if you blaze a joint you are evil...merely that there are pure lines of demarcation between right and wrong.
    There is no difference between a "cop" and
    "peace officer" except a few vowels and consanants...its all in your perception. If a LEO lets you get away with smoking a joint, or speeding, or whatever else, then in your eyes, he is a peace officer, a good guy...but if he follows the letter and intent of the law, and cites you for whatever vice you want to name, then he is on a power trip and is just a COP...and you want his badge number etc...OH YEA, on that note...if you have such great respect for LEO's as you stated, why is it, if you felt that you were truelly dealt with in an unfair and illegal manner, that you didnt pursue action against the offending officer....OH RIGHT,,,because you KNEW nothing would come of it....thats a definate sign of respect....

    Do us all a favor on here...dont try to blow smoke up our collective hineys....if you respect LEOs, then show some...and if you don't, then sack up and say so..


    BTW....dude, the Wii is for like 12 year olds...get a 360...LMAO
    Last edited by Doc_Holliday; 12-01-06 at 08:46 PM. Reason: ADDED INFO...humor attatched...

  11. #31
    Jackalope's Avatar
    Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Join Date
    11-12-06
    Location
    Right on the Left Coast
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    277440
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Pack View Post
    ...under certain circumstances I am forced to drive/walk whilst in possession.
    Forced, huh? Would you like to look up the definition of "forced" and restate that? Or would you just like to acknowledge that you refuse to take responsibility for your actions?
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

  12. #32
    carolina's Avatar
    carolina is offline Master Officer
    Join Date
    09-27-06
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    41098
    Quote Originally Posted by BEK320 View Post
    Does the Law-abiding citizen have more to fear from attackers, robbers, rapists, burglars, or other malafactors than they do of encroachments of their civil liberties by police in the form of unreasonable arrests, search and seizures.


    Source: (Police Authority in a Free Society, O. W. Wilson
    Journal of Criminal Law, Criminology, and Police Science, Vol. 54, No. 2 (Jun., 1963), pp. 175-177)
    Yes, I think so.

    [/QUOTE=I_Pack] My once good friend is now an active LEO, he's a total asshole, we were playing my Wii two nights ago, I sparked a joint and he threatened me with the law, in my own home. I've known this guy since I was 4 or 5 we smoked pot together for a decade straight and he threatens me in my home of all places, what a hypocrite. I have to fear my own friend now. [/QUOTE]

    I think a good friend is one who can respect and understand the values and convictions of another even when they re-evaluate their priorities in life and change certain behaviors you choose not to.

    Respect from a good friend comes when you can acknowledge that, especially in your own home. Example: Lets say that I claim to be an occasional drug user (btw, I'm not). I am not out hurting anyone but myself, party, indulge in a little alcohol / weed ... well my best friend that parties with me all the time gets saved i.e. dedicates his life to witnessing for Jesus/God where personal convictions come into play.

    He chooses not to party any more, he has decided to live with a new set of moral values (and I agree with you on the moral values). A true friend would not put this person in the position of feeling uncomfortable or in conflict with what is right for him now. Sure alcohol is legal, the weed is not, but for someone saved, neither the legal or non legal form is something they want to be around now.

    Are you a good friend if you light up or drink alcohol around them now? and the place should not matter.

    As a citizen, I don't fear LE and I consider myself to be law-abiding and yes I have to admit I've had traffic violations. I grew up in the 70/80's so I tried a few things and decided they were'nt for me. I don't agree with every law written either, so I have to choose to be responsible for my actions if I decide to not comply.

    I had a tag to get stolen recently. It was a Fri. night couldn't get another until the following Monday morn. The officer told me he could have my vehicle towed, or cite me, (and for a few minutes I was worried because I didn't have anyone I could call to pick me up at the time) if I chose to drive it until I replaced the tag, even though I did nothing wrong, it was stolen, I had a receipt where I paid for the thing, proof of insurance coverage etc.

    He did allow me to drive it home after taking my report (thank goodness for officer discretions). Was it legal he said no. Did I drive it until Monday u betcha, I had to work. If I had gotten a cite for it well then, so be it, something else I'd just have to deal with. I guess in that instance no, I was not law-abiding.

    **Sorry, forgot this was the ask a cop section, this doesn't seem like "only" an ask a cop kinda question.
    Last edited by carolina; 12-01-06 at 10:31 PM.


    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

  13. #33
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224964
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Pack View Post
    This is a loaded question, the question starts off with "law abiding citizens", no citizens abide every law, its friggin impossible there are too many of them. I am not a law abiding citizen but I'll answer the posed question none-the-less.

    Considering that I pack(legally) or am armed with a blade almost everywhere I go, and am an occassional drug user. I fear the cops.
    I got news for you... If you drink or take dope while armed, you're NOT packing legally in many states.

    In Texas, there's no minimum legal alcohol limit if you're armed - One swig and you're technically in violation.

    But ok, you admited to not being law-abiding, so my statement is redundant in your case.

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Pack View Post
    I just walked out of my house and a cop searched me, no joke he used that line, sat me on the sidewalk as he searched my person and my friends vehicle, he demanded that I extinguish my cigarette
    He had a right to pat you down for his own safety under the right circumstances... Haven't you ever heard of a Terry Search? You should brush up on your Supreme Court decisions if you're living on the edge
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 12-01-06 at 10:31 PM.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  14. #34
    I_Pack is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-29-06
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    but in one breath you say you have no problems with LEO's pursuing "criminals" (which you put in quotations, and I am not sure why...maybe because you dont think people who posess illegal controlled substances are criminals, or maybe its just that you dont think YOU are a criminal....points to ponder..) but prior to that in another post you villified your "friend" who is a LEO for taking offense to your brandishing an illegal controlled substance in front of him? Wasnt he well within his rights? Now if he still smokes but wanted to give you crap, then he is a hypocrit...but that doesnt change the fact that you are breaking the law. On a bit of a sidebar, the fact that you were "in your own house" has no bearing on what you were doing. Simply being in your home does not absolve you from the penalties for breaking the law...I am sure the LEO's on this board have heard that one a million times...I have even heard it from a DUI...who failed to yield and tried to make it to his driveway so he would be safe.
    I really don't know how to respond to this, I have shown respect towards everyone on this board. I have stressed that laws are an extension of morals, my morals are different than the majority, marijuana is not bad in my eyes and just because there is a piece of paper filed away in a cabinet somewhere that says it is, does not make it so for me. Once again we are getting into morality here which I tend to steer clear of. I call my friend a hypocrite because two years ago he would have smoked the said joint with me, but now that he has a badge he feels the need to threaten me, in my home (which once again, still means something to me). I'm not saying that what I do is legal, I am well aware that I break laws on a daily basis, just like the rest of us, this does not bother me in the least. I put criminals in quotes because I believe that drug users are not criminals, my definition of criminal is someone who harms another person or property, smoking a joint or doing a line does not harm anyone but yourself, hence "criminal". Yes there are exceptions, such as people dealing drugs out of their home where children reside, there is a potential that they will harm their children in one way or another.

    i also dont buy in to this greater collective thinking of individual morality...if you think it ok, then it is for you, Im ok your ok, whatever name you pin on it its a load of crap as well....I believe in real good in the world and real evil...and NO, I am not saying if you blaze a joint you are evil...merely that there are pure lines of demarcation between right and wrong.
    OK!

    There is no difference between a "cop" and
    "peace officer" except a few vowels and consanants...its all in your perception. If a LEO lets you get away with smoking a joint, or speeding, or whatever else, then in your eyes, he is a peace officer, a good guy...but if he follows the letter and intent of the law, and cites you for whatever vice you want to name, then he is on a power trip and is just a COP...and you want his badge number etc...OH YEA, on that note...if you have such great respect for LEO's as you stated, why is it, if you felt that you were truelly dealt with in an unfair and illegal manner, that you didnt pursue action against the offending officer....OH RIGHT,,,because you KNEW nothing would come of it....thats a definate sign of respect....
    Nah man, you're just plain wrong here, there IS a difference between a peace officer and cops. Peace officers keep the peace(simple), cops write tickets. I'm not saying that cops do not keep the peace, that is one part of their job, among many others. That is exactly why I didn't pursue legal action against the LEO, nothing would happen from it, you know and I know it. My word against his, I lose. How this is a sign of disrespect I don't know. I was "truly dealt with in an unfair and illegal manner" I'm not a liar, disrespect, disrespect, disrespect!!!! But seriously, how have I been disrespectful? I called my friend an asshole, did I call all cops assholes? Did I call a specific LEO on this board an asshole? Nope. I called my friend one.


    Forced, huh? Would you like to look up the definition of "forced" and restate that? Or would you just like to acknowledge that you refuse to take responsibility for your actions?
    I knew I was going to catch flack for using the term forced. Sometimes I am 'inclined' to pick up marijuana, and in doing so I must drive or walk. Better?

    I'm trying to keep it civil here guys, just because I don't agree with many of the laws of this country, doesn't mean I have anything against the people who enforce them as a whole. I don't have a problem with cops, I fear cops more than criminals, does that mean I hate cops? No. My girlfriends dad was a cop, he's a total badass and genuinely a good dude, god I love that guy.

    Am I wrong to fear cops more than criminals?

    Am I repeating myself?

    I don't hate you guys chill out.

  15. #35
    Doc_Holliday's Avatar
    Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Join Date
    10-29-06
    Location
    Oklahoma....for now
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    118712
    It has now become painfully obvious Ipack that you live in your own little land of happy flowers and make believe. I didn't say you called anyone an asshole, I simply said that your assumption that filing a complaint would go nowhere was not the sign of high and lofty respect you claim to have for LEO's. I dont really want to get into your situation with your friend, because I doubt that we know all the facts. I think it highly unlikely he flipped like a light switch and went from dopehead to LEO, and suddenly felt the need to "threaten" you. i will say this though...I don't think your friend telling you if you blaze in front of him he will need to cite you is a threat, its his job.

    now back to your personal reality...I dont give a flying purple fart what your definition of criminal is, again, definitive lines. here is THE definition:

    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
    crim·i·nal (krm-nl) Pronunciation Key
    adj.
    Of, involving, or having the nature of crime: criminal abuse.
    Relating to the administration of penal law.

    Guilty of crime.
    Characteristic of a criminal.
    Shameful; disgraceful: a criminal waste of talent.

    n.
    One that has committed or been legally convicted of a crime.

    Now there may be different types of criminals, but if you smoke pot, here in the real world, you are a criminal. Finally, you again directly insult the LEO's here on this board by saying that "cops" arent peace officers because they "write tickets". I cannot believe that there is any LEO here on this board, except maybe the feds, who have NEVER written a citation. So if a LEO writes you a ticket for possesion, in your mind he isnt a peace officer? Maybe you need to go to dictionary.com and look up respect. now you have been "civil" here, and I think I have too...you are definately entitled to your opinion...I am also entitled to say you are wrong.

  16. #36
    Doc_Holliday's Avatar
    Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Join Date
    10-29-06
    Location
    Oklahoma....for now
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    118712
    save you the google, here is the definition of respect:

    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
    re·spect (r-spkt) Pronunciation Key
    tr.v. re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
    To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
    To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
    To relate or refer to; concern.

    n.
    A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard.
    The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
    Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.


    now, do you think you showed RESPECT to your friend by lighting up in front of him? your house or no, respect doesnt have an address.

  17. #37
    Coloradocop's Avatar
    Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    08-16-06
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    282668
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper_hopeful_51 View Post
    It has now become painfully obvious Ipack that you live in your own little land of happy flowers and make believe. ... I dont give a flying purple fart what your definition of criminal is, again, definitive lines. here is THE definition:

    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
    crim·i·nal (krm-nl) Pronunciation Key
    adj.
    Of, involving, or having the nature of crime: criminal abuse.
    Relating to the administration of penal law.

    Guilty of crime.
    Characteristic of a criminal.
    Shameful; disgraceful: a criminal waste of talent.

    n.
    One that has committed or been legally convicted of a crime.
    This is funny.

    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to trooper_hopeful_51 again."

  18. #38
    cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    Somewhere in Florida
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    5562976
    In reference to the Peace Officer Vs. Cop statement, there is no difference between the two in most states. New York has a Peace Officer status, that has less arrest authority than a "cop".

    However, in the state of Florida, there is no "peace officer". when you get down to Semantics, they are both the same thing. Peace officer is just another term for "cop". Still says in state law that a "Law Enforcement Officer" is tasked with "keeping the peace" as well as enforcing all local, state, and federal laws, including state traffic laws.

    It appears to me that any cop that cuts you slack is a "peace officer" and any cop who decides to cite/arrest you for violations is a "Cop on a power trip".

  19. #39
    Dinosaur32's Avatar
    Dinosaur32 is offline Long In The Tooth
    Join Date
    08-31-06
    Location
    Suffolk County, New York
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    44779
    Cntryboy....Sorry but the New York law on Police Officer and Peace Officer is not as simplistic as your statement. This difference lies not so much in arrest powers but in the area and time of use of those powers.

  20. #40
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Oops, I slipped, tripped, and landed on the ban button. Sorry, "I_PACK."

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-07, 11:14 AM
  2. Answer a question with a question
    By carolina in forum Shenanigans
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 06-13-07, 10:09 PM
  3. Question for the Mods
    By rob84 in forum General Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-07, 02:17 PM
  4. Question about packing in Colorado.
    By I_Pack in forum Ask-A-Cop
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-06, 04:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •