Welcome to the APBWeb.
    joexbody is offline CDC wannabe

Transportation of a pistol in CA

I have asked both a Deputy w/the Kern Co. SD and a CHP officer the question of how a law abiding citizen would be able to LEGALLY transport a pistol in their vehicle.
    I have gotten a different version from both of them and I'm just curious if anyone on here knows THE DEFINATE correct answer to this question.
    As many of you are probally aware of, CA has a 10 day waiting period for all firearm purchases. I just moved out here from KY last year and back there we can carry it loaded in the vehicle as long as it isn't concealed. In plain site. Also from what I gather, CA is a may issue state, or at least Kern co. is. And again, the county where I was in KY was a SHALL issue county.

Anybody know for sure what the law is?
    RELAX, don't get excited

\../,

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    if you just moved out there from KY you may want to check all the CA gun laws because there are alot of guns that are not CA friendly and having them is againts the law

joexbody is offline CDC wannabe
    ROGER THAT!

I'm not all knowed up on the full list but I have read over it at least once already.
    When I bought my Ruger P345 shortly after I got out here the gun shop had an M4 with a mag well that was totally enclosed.
    To load it you had to break it open by pushing the pin at the top of the reciever out, like you were going to clean it, and insert the shells 1 at a time, or maybe use a stripper clip. I didn't ask the salesman about it. He was going over it w/another guy and I was halfassed paying attention to it while going over the paper work for my purchase.

I was also told that if I go to apply for the CCW and I use my reason for acquiring it as "self defense" that I would be told to get me some mace or pepper spray.

Then I assume that those 2 items would be consider a concealed weapon if I had them concealed on my person?
    RELAX, don't get excited

\../,

Thread Information