Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst.SB View Post
    Not the radar, but the light switch, siren, and the radio.. hahaha

Next thought is awww "F**k!" where is my cell phone and is it worth it.
    Now I can relate to that... Once I went to the trouble to call in a 100MPH speeder - He was out of sight by the time I dialed 911, and I heard the broadcast on my scanner about 10 minutes later (the dispatchers had to do an inter-agency transfer due to my location)...

I figure he was in Oklahoma by the time the broadcast went out.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I've done almost all of the above...

OK -- I've never tried to make a traffic stop in my POV, despite being sorely tempted. But I've reached for radar, radio, lights, portable...

And I've gone after pens in my shirt when I don't have pockets more times than I can count!

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    I've done almost all of the above...

OK -- I've never tried to make a traffic stop in my POV, despite being sorely tempted. But I've reached for radar, radio, lights, portable...

And I've gone after pens in my shirt when I don't have pockets more times than I can count!
    No traffic stops here either, but I have reached for the A-pillar mounted spot light handle, and looked towards the center of my dash to see the radar readout when someone is hauling azz up behind me or towards me in the opposite direction... and the pen thing in the shirt,,, all the time!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Funny, I originally read this and thought, nope, haven't done anything other than cuss like hell and wish I was working when I saw something.

Until......

The other night the wife and I are driving through town when a guy flat SMOKES a red light at at least 50 in a 25. Instinctively I mash the gas and bust ass after him, not realizing I still had the red because the opposite side had the turn arrow.

I felt like an ass...my wife laughed her ass off at me and even claims I reached over and flipped an imaginary switch on my dash, and was reaching for my mic while clearing the intersection. Who knows I could have, I was too busy watching the guy. It took a good "HEEEELLLLLOOOOO dumbass, you're not at work" from the passenger side when I realized what I did.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized
    hahahaha.....thats funny stuff

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    I've reached for the unitrol switch - but not my radar...
    I have to admit, I've also sped up to pull somone over just to find out I'm in my POV lol
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid_Ohio_Po View Post
    Funny, I originally read this and thought, nope, haven't done anything other than cuss like hell and wish I was working when I saw something.

Until......

The other night the wife and I are driving through town when a guy flat SMOKES a red light at at least 50 in a 25. Instinctively I mash the gas and bust ass after him, not realizing I still had the red because the opposite side had the turn arrow.

I felt like an ass...my wife laughed her ass off at me and even claims I reached over and flipped an imaginary switch on my dash, and was reaching for my mic while clearing the intersection. Who knows I could have, I was too busy watching the guy. It took a good "HEEEELLLLLOOOOO dumbass, you're not at work" from the passenger side when I realized what I did.
    that is hilarious!!!
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

USMCMP is offline Rookie

Until......

This one by far is the best one.

Al Lowe is offline Rookie

Until......

It takes a good man to admit when he does something silly. You must be very good at what you do.
    Al Lowe
    Michael Moore is a big, fat, stupid white guy.

jlb66 is offline Rookie

Until......

That's classic and it's gonna be a tough one to beat.
    Last edited by jlb66; 01-23-07 at 03:31 AM.
    12 hours, 6124 casts, 2 follows, and 1 strike. I sure hope tomorrow is this good.

zap
    zap is offline yeahrightsurewhatever
    Verified LEO

Until......

Stupidity Recognition Technician

LAW DOG is offline Law Enforcement, isn't a job it's a brotherhood!!
    Verified LEO
    It's been so long since I have done any real police work that don't do half of this stuff at work lol. we don't have radars and traffic stop are not look upon to highly by managment.
    S.W.A.T Maximum Violents

TwanimusPrime is offline Moving on up...to the east side!
    Done it a few times. Whats even more anoying, I havn't gotten a RADAR yet at my new agency, so I'm constatly reaching over to where my Kustom Eagle control was in my last car.

Another bad habit, that my last girlfriend used to yell at me for constantly; every time I'm preparing to stop or park I'll unbuckle my seat belt like I do when gettin ready for a traffic stop. Good ol' muscle memory.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Not reached for anything.

Can bet though that if its been a quiet spell at work I'll be on my day off in my own car and every other car I see or turn I make will throw up something that I'd wish I was on duty for.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I keep trying to run tags while driving down the road in my POV. I see a tag that looks odd or is expired and want to radio in and confirm it.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I still inch my self through reds until I realize I am in my pov. Sometimes I reach for the Wig wag switch and the siren switch.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

I done it a few times myself and then felt like a dumbass.

deputymeaux is offline Snuffy248
    Guilty of all the above PLUS calling for dispatch while sleeping.....wifey woke me up and told me to finish the call cause it must be important!
    Don't Mess with Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information