Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lunch on Patrol

osugirlP103 is offline Officer First Class
    I dont bring my lunch but if I did I might pack something that is just as good cold as it is warm!!
    LAW ENFORCEMENT HELPING"PERPS" SLIP DOWN STAIRS SINCE 1766!

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    I can only give whats worked for me as there are times when I dont get a lunch break either.

Avoid soda or juice type products. If they are spilled, they are hard to clean and become sticky.

Avoid chocolate or other coated type items (candy bars, protien bars) as they can get sticky and make you leave smudge marks on paper or uniform.

Try for smallish type items that you can eat quickly: small bags of nuts, packages of crackers or dried fruit.

I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my cruiser as well as a package of baby wipes (unscented). If I have time to eat, I will try to either pack something that doesnt ness. need refrigeration or heating and try to make it healthy.

All in all though, its like Term said...most of our meals are either fast food or grab and eat things (like a hot pocket from a convience store).
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Give it up, Abby. The bag lunch always sounds like a great idea but it never works. For the little amount of time I did do that, I always tried to go with stuff that can be either eaten very fast (those little fruit cups are a good source of nutrition and sugars) or sealed back up quickly (sandwich in a ziploc), but not messy (no extra mustard). Stay away from carbonated drinks.
    Agree..I started bringing a bag lunch for the first few months that i hit the street, but i rarely bring one now. I either eat a big meal prior to work, or eat on the job. However, if you are to bring a lunch, do exactly as conalabu stated: bring things you can throw back in a baggie and that are not messy. I personally like bringing granola bars. As far as drinks, I drink as much water (and hate to admit, but coffee too) as possible. When I get tired of water, I have those flavor additives so it has a bit of taste at least.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Don't be fooled by FSCF, he is on lunch all shift long. Us real cops rarely get to eat, and when we do it's fast food.

Well, the FEDS are always on lunch. I think they plan to plan for lunch.

As opposed to you guys whom are just out to lunch.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

1*girl Guest
    Forget about what to eat. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm supposed to take a piss while in uniform. I'm not exactly a dude over here!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1*girl View Post
    Forget about what to eat. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm supposed to take a piss while in uniform. I'm not exactly a dude over here!
    I think it's already been stated in another thread, but; I can't imagine having to take my belt off every time i have to pee.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    I have never packed a lunch. I just walk out the front door and within a block or two i have a variety of foods ............gets very expensive though and I dont always eat healthy.............and Yes there is a dunkin donuts a block away from my command and a starbucks and twin donut ans numerous Bodegas

Abby is offline My mommy says I'm special.
    I'm with ya sista! On one of the ride-alongs I went on I swear I held it for the entire 12 hour shift. You either opt not to drink anything at all (and dehydrate yourself) or have to pee every hour. I've seriously considered wearing a diaper.
    Some people dream of success, while other people live to crush those dreams.

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    I've seriously considered wearing a diaper.
    Depends, baby, Depends lol!!!

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgrl View Post
    An occasional hard boiled egg too (although they don't smell that good).

Oooh those are lethal! But thanks for the idea. I have a particular friend at a particular department that I'm trying to get on with...should I get the chance to have this friend of mine as one of my FTO's, I'll remember to bring a boiled egg for lunch one day when he's getting on my nerves...

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Oooh those are lethal! But thanks for the idea. I have a particular friend at a particular department that I'm trying to get on with...should I get the chance to have this friend of mine as one of my FTO's, I'll remember to bring a boiled egg for lunch one day when he's getting on my nerves...
    ur just sooo damn nasty..and answer ur damn phone when i call u dummy
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by njpd View Post
    ur just sooo damn nasty..
    It's your signature that says not to hold in my farts!!! I blame you!

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    It's your signature that says not to hold in my farts!!! I blame you!
    wow first time u ever take my advice and you decide to pick this one..seriously something wrong with you
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

1*girl Guest
    I'm easily entertained, what can I say?

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    We recently switched to 10-hour days around here... my shift now overlaps with our graveyard detail by a few hours. Lately I've been getting a true lunch break!!

Prior to this switch, bagged lunches were the way to go. Healthier than fast food, and cheaper. Works well when you get stuck on a call that drags on for hours. Even now, I carry at least some food with me that I don't need to heat... that way I'm never hungry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information