Welcome to the APBWeb.
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Stafford county sheriff

Ive asked this on another law enforcement forum before. Im just trying to find out if anybody on here has any info about Stafford county sheriffs office. I take the leo test in March for them, and im curious to know a little bit more about the department. It seems like a great place to work, ive talked to a few people about it. Not one person had one bad thing to say about it. Thanks for any replies

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    IT SUCKS DUDE RUN....j/k dont know it

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    lol, scared me for a second.

CelticCop is offline The Dark Lord
    Well, I hail from that area... I'm not a member of the department, but all of my interactions with them have been good so far. Good bunch of guys and gals as far as I can see.

Good luck.
    "Where's your towel Arthur?" -Ford Prefect

"You! On your knees!" -Green Jello

Some take delight in the carriages a rollin'
    and some take delight in the hurley and the bowlin',
    I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    and courtin' pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early...

"You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of..." Cmdre. Norrington "Ah, but you have heard of me." Capt. Jack Sparrow

Warning my statements do not reflect the policies, procedures or views of my agency. As a matter of fact, they think I'm just as nuts as you do, so shove it and blow it out of your fart tube.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Thanks! I appriciate the info.

nitestokker is offline Banned
    Never personally had any contact with them, but I heard through a friend that you really need to be careful of

Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker View Post
    Never personally had any contact with them, but I heard through a friend that you really need to be careful of
    JOKING, rookie! I'm sure they're cool or else they wouldn't be looking to hire you. That's how ya have to look at it, THEY NEED YOU-YOU DO NOT NEED THEM! Peace!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I used to live around there. Worst part is the cost of housing, as far as I can tell. It's a nice area.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    JOKING, rookie! I'm sure they're cool or else they wouldn't be looking to hire you. That's how ya have to look at it, THEY NEED YOU-YOU DO NOT NEED THEM! Peace!

I really hope they hire me! I would love to work with them. The department is only 12 miles from my house

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    I used to live around there. Worst part is the cost of housing, as far as I can tell. It's a nice area.

Yes it is. The cost of living is getting as bad as Fairfax county is.

Seriously. I recently went to DT recert at the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center and they gave us old guys a wake-up call. They said that, with the war going on and most cops are in the Reserves, as well as the high turnout of Criminal Justice college grads, this is creating a turn around in the industry. Most agencies can no longer afford to turn applicants away. Instead, they are offering signing bonuses, extra perks for college grads, and so on. This is also written about in pubs like American Police Beat. It is no longer a situation where the recruit has to sell himself to the agency. The agency now needs to sell itself to the recruit. True story!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Seriously. I recently went to DT recert at the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center and they gave us old guys a wake-up call. They said that, with the war going on and most cops are in the Reserves, as well as the high turnout of Criminal Justice college grads, this is creating a turn around in the industry. Most agencies can no longer afford to turn applicants away. Instead, they are offering signing bonuses, extra perks for college grads, and so on. This is also written about in pubs like American Police Beat. It is no longer a situation where the recruit has to sell himself to the agency. The agency now needs to sell itself to the recruit. True story!
    I was wondering why Fairfax county sheriff, and prince william county PD are giving sign on bonuses! I had no idea it had gotten like this. You wouldnt be able to tell with my process with arlington taking 9 months, and STILL not done with my background yet I might go apply with prince william today That way Ill have my name at 4 departments, maybe it will better my chances. I know that its still no cake walk to get hired lol.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
    I was wondering why Fairfax county sheriff, and prince william county PD are giving sign on bonuses! I had no idea it had gotten like this. You wouldnt be able to tell with my process with arlington taking 9 months, and STILL not done with my background yet I might go apply with prince william today That way Ill have my name at 4 departments, maybe it will better my chances. I know that its still no cake walk to get hired lol.
    Stafford Sheriff's Office is a pretty good agency, based on working with them on a few cases, and being in classes with a few deputies over the years. You live there; you should know what the community thinks of them -- and that's often a good indicator.

PWPD is a good agency, but it's tight. Lots of micro-managing and rules. Fairfax County is similar -- though actually a bit looser.

Apply to several agencies; most in the area need bodies, and someone will likely hire you if you're qualified. But the process still takes time. And don't ignore the town & city agencies! Good luck.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Thanks!, I just looked into herndon like you implied. They have the shortest hiring time I have ever seen! Only 12 weeks after the first interview. Im putting my application in with them as soon as I can get my damn computer to print it! Thanks for all the information stay safe, and take care.

Thread Information