Welcome to the APBWeb.
    besafe2 is offline Rookie

FBI Employment question

For all of you insiders:
    My 25 year old son just finished his 4 year degree & graduated with honors major in Spanish. Has no criminal record or tickets for that matter has worked at a local hospital(medical records positions) since high school graduation. Based on that what do you folks think his chances are of becoming a special agent with the FBI ? He's also in excellent physical condition.
    Thanks in advance for all answers.
    Please stay safe in all you do, also know I pray for each of you daily. Thank you for all you do. On Twitter at
    www.twitter.com/coachrowsey

Paul

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by besafe2 View Post
    For all of you insiders:
    My 25 year old son just finished his 4 year degree & graduated with honors major in Spanish. Has no criminal record or tickets for that matter has worked at a local hospital(medical records positions) since high school graduation. Based on that what do you folks think his chances are of becoming a special agent with the FBI ? He's also in excellent physical condition.
    Thanks in advance for all answers.
    I am not a fed(thank god ) however, I am sure he would have a good chance. Being that he can speak spanish I think would be a huge asset to the FBI. I am sure that you have gone to there website, but I bet there is a lot of info that could help him.
    Most of us on here are just local peon cops!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

besafe2 is offline Rookie
    Yes I did go to the website & just wanted additional advice from insiders....thanks for your reply..
    The website did list Spanish as being one they desired.
    Please stay safe in all you do, also know I pray for each of you daily. Thank you for all you do. On Twitter at
    www.twitter.com/coachrowsey

Paul

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    When I was looking into the FBI, I was talking with an agent. Its just like any other job, having good refrences, good work experience and volunteer work. Get involved in something and it dosent have to be specific, Just to show work ethic and dedication.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    How much has he actually researched what the FBI REALLY does?

What does he really know about law enforcement as a career?

How much Spanish can he REALLY speak? Especially to someone who doesn't speak "educated" Spanish?

Why is dad asking for him, when membership with posting authority here is free?

The main reason I'm throwing these out there is real simple. Before he ties himself up jumping through the applicant hoops with any law enforcement agency, but especially the feds, he really does need to know what he's getting into. Most federal agencies stipulate that you can expect to relocate more than once your first several years. Few do the "exciting" stuff you see on TV. (Hell, few street cops do the "exciting stuff" you see on TV in reality...)

And I've known enough folks over the years who discovered after they got the job that it wasn't what they wanted...

Thread Information