Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Michelle is offline Civilian

Suspicious Job Offer?

I need some advice on what to do about a job offer- if anything needs to be done at all.

My husband has put his resume in at Monster and USAJOBS.
    Today he received a suspicious job offer via email.
    My husband and I both thought it sounded like a job offer for laundering money, but are not sure and would like professional advice on what we should do.
    BTW…my husband is an aircraft mechanic and the job offer doesn’t even fall under his category of work.

Should I post the email he received here so you can evaluate it or what would be the best?

Thank you!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    I would,

is there a reply email? have you ever heard of the company?

heck yeah, post it!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Yes there is a reply email, and no he nor I have ever heard of them before.

I'll go get it and be back to post it....

Verified LEO
    k

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Rachelkunmd LLC. is a very well known and respected company in Western Europe.
    While some entrepreneurs get started with nothing more than a good idea and money from their own pockets, most need to develop a detailed plan, secure financing and investigate industry, state and federal regulations others already feel the need to expand and this is where we come in.
    Rachelkunmd LLC. is an experienced small business assistant in reducing costs and expanding business overseas. We provide every small business owner assistance in growing his business and expand it overseas. We have many US based business owners that are working with us at this point and many other willing to access our services. We are looking for people that are serious and dedicated with a minimum knowledge of financial procedures in the US.

In other words your job will contain in:

1. Handle certain cash transactions and help reduce the costs and time frame of international purchases.

2. Receive and forward or use according our instructions documents such as contracts, bank statements and others.

3. Send weekly transactions reports to your communications operative.

It is required for You to be:

1 -Honest and executive

2 - Have a Wells Fargo Bank account.

3- You must have a minimum of 3 free time hours per day

4- You must have a phone number we can get through to You

5- You must have an email address

Salary: You will be paid $2500 as a fixed salary per month. You will
    also be keeping 5% commission from every payment received from a client. With
    the current volume of clients on average your overall income will add up to $ 3500 -$4000
    per month.
    Costs and Fees: There are NO costs at any time for our employees. All fees related to this employment are covered by the company.
    Further Hiring Process: Please send and email containing your resume. After reviewing the submitted applications we respond to successful applicants only. We then offer the successful applicants a position within our company on a trial period for one
    month starting from the beginning of the work. During this trial period you will be receiving training and online support while working and being paid.
    Employees on a one month trial period are evaluated at least one week prior to the end of their trial period. During the trial period, the supervisor can recommend termination. At the completion of the trial period, the supervisor can recommend continued employment, extension of trial period, or termination
    Please mail to rachelkunmd@aol.com for more details or simply reply to this email.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    You have to understand that online job services like monster and others pair you with a job catagory. I did it a while back and was getting emails from all sorts of employers. They fish for employees like people looking for jobs paper an entire area. Yes spammers and scammers get into this service and will find a fool to give them their bank account and routing numbers.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    GOOGLE has absolutely ZERO responses for both Rack....LLC and Rack..... without the LLC after it.
    I say call wither the Postal Police {they sometimes handle these types of frauds } or maybe the Feds. ALso follow up with emails to Monster and USAJOBS job place immediately
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Verified LEO
    It just doesnt seem like a professional business of this nature would be looking for applicants in this manner.

This defitinaly seems weird. Obviously dont give them any info,
    try to obtain a Phone # of the company, call the BBB and see if they have ever heard of them.

Will do and contact the Postal Police and Career Builder.

I was just going to add that the email has the Careerbuilder logo on it and the from email says: "CareerBuilder.com" <CandidateEmail@site.careerbui lder.com>

My husband said that he also put his resume in at Career Builder so, I guess we can assume that is where these scammers got his email.

It's not cheap for employers to sign up for service at places like Monster and Career Builder. They must be getting funds from somewhere to be able to afford it.

Thanks again! Appreciate the help!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    You got to wonder how many reputable companies have AOL as their provider.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    GOOGLE has absolutely ZERO responses for both Rack....LLC and Rack..... without the LLC after it.
    I say call wither the Postal Police {they sometimes handle these types of frauds } or maybe the Feds. ALso follow up with emails to Monster and USAJOBS job place immediately

I tried searching the phrase "is a very well known and respected company in Western Europe" and apparently other people have received this same e-mail, to the word, from different fictitious companies:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22is...e=off&filter=0

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewtx View Post
    I tried searching the phrase "is a very well known and respected company in Western Europe" and apparently other people have received this same e-mail, to the word, from different fictitious companies:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22is...e=off&filter=0
    I just did that with the email and got all sorts of links to scam feedback. Why didn't I think of that before

Well, I guess it leaves for interesting topic here. Though I hate wasting LE time and do apologize I didn't do more homework beforehand.

I did contact career builder and forwarded the email at careerbuilder.com and did not use the Career Builder link in the scam email.

When I did a Google search on the email link : CandidateEmail@site.careerbuil der.com, I came across the site ScamSafe. The site refers to use the Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/), to file an online report on fraudulent schemes.

Do you think it would be better to use IC3.GOV first instead of bothering the FBI?

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Do you think it would be better to use IC3.GOV first instead of bothering the FBI?
    In my personal experience, that's where they will direct you. IC3 handles internet scams now. It's just the FBI paired with the white collar crime people.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    In my personal experience, that's where they will direct you. IC3 handles internet scams now. It's just the FBI paired with the white collar crime people.
    Thank you! I've never heard of IC3 before so, I wasn't sure.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Exclamation

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    As has been shown... If it's too good to be true -- it probably is!

$2500 a month (plus commissions!) to "pass documents and handle transactions." Sorry -- something's wrong there.

**@aol.com email address for a "well known and respected company"? Sorry -- somethings probably wrong there. (There are legit companies, often in the personal services fields like motivational speakers, that might show up that way. Not everyone has the internet savvy to make their own email, and it didn't used to be as easy as it is now.)

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Rachelkunmd LLC...
    I got this far and saw red flags.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    ive heard of this out here recently...this is not legitimate...a local radio show i listen to has a segment where a representative from the better business bureau comments on recent scams and things of this nature, she says its a scam and to report it to the better business bureau immediately for investigation.

www.ic3.gov
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Sounds similar to the one in this thread http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14556

BAD Juju

Sleuth is offline SS/A (Ret.)
    Yup, it's a scam to get your bank account number and personal data. Then, they empty your bank account, and rip off your identity.

(And it's the Postal Inpection Service, not the postal police, who investigate mail fraud. But not e-mail fraud.)
    Survival is the only Victory!

Thread Information