Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    n30
    n30 is offline A woman in man's job; but always a lady ;-)
    Verified LEO
    way out sw fl by the everglades. im over it
    our mixture is some nasty shit. id rather get tased than sprayed ANY day of the week!
    V

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Well, my re-scheduled bout with the Pepper Spray is this Saturday

Baby shampoo and milk. The milk actually does work, for about 1.5 seconds, then the burning comes back.

The baby shampoo is nice because it washes AND you can get it in your eyes without additional burning. It doesn't work great immediately, but I think it helped with the overall amount of time your face burns. Also it makes your hair incredibly soft.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Also it makes your hair incredibly soft.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well, my re-scheduled bout with the Pepper Spray is this Saturday

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Can I just whimper a little?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Well, June 9th is approaching fast - That's the day I signed up to be pepper sprayed.

I've seen some suggestions posted before, but any more suggestions on how to minimize the experience, other than baby shampoo, keeping the run-off from dripping down in my underware, and taking plenty of drugs before class?

I also see pepper spray neutralizers advertised in cop supply web sites... Does that stuff help at all?

Someone told me that rinsing his face in milk helped... I don't know if they allow it, but I'm bringing a half-gallon of milk to class just in case

I'm just glad I didn't have to get shot in firearms class - That would suck
    Rule #1: Don't be the guy who stands there after being sprayed and says "Huh... I don't feel a thing!". Seems like we have one in every academy class around here. My theory is, if you didn't feel the initial spray, you still might feel it when they empty the rest of the bottle in your face

Seriously though, pepper sucks. It sucks for a while, then it goes away!

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Cyndi wrote:

I have been asked to contact you regarding your Continuing Education Course for O. C. Spray Certification scheduled for October 11, 2008. This class has been canceled due to a conflict for the instructor. Please contact Marcia for information regarding a future course opportunity.

Thank you,

Cyndi
    Evening Secretary, Social Science Division

Marcia & Cyndi,

This is the THIRD time in a row that I've had this OC class canceled, for exactly the same reason.

I hope you will find a backup OC instructor for the next class, so this doesn't keep happening. I can only take the "anticipation of the moment" a limited number of times!!!

Charlie

(\__/)

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    Oh your time will come. No it isn't fun and I hate Pepper Spray. Have been through Taser training yet? That's even more fun, but the Taser and Pepper Spray are great tools.

Actually one of these days there is a strong possibility that you'll be invovled in a real world fracas with other officers and probably get sprayed by a fellow officer.

That happened to me last year. We were dealing with this party that had turned into a mini-riot. I and a couple other officers were wrestling with a No Person and I got a face full of another officers Nuclear Level Pepper Spray.

After we got that guy into custody I found myself wrestling with a big old gal all by myself. Eyes were closing up and I wasn't feeling good. Got her into custody though. After I put her into my car I actually thought to myself that it wasn't as bad as the training they put us through at the academy.

So as miserable as the training ican be get the most out of it. It does pay off.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I've been sprayed 5 times that I count as good ones. First one was my original academy. Next 3 were dumbasses that got me while trying to spray a bad guy. Number 5 was 2 weeks ago in my lateral academy at my new dept

Sucked every time and never got easier or less painful.

On a side note, the baby shampoo does help, but I found that the best decon was to wash with the shampoo, rinse well, then sit in front of an air conditioner or high speed fan. Cold air always helps me more than water.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Blue Steel is offline Rookie
    Well, June 9th is approaching fast - That's the day I signed up to be pepper sprayed.

I've seen some suggestions posted before, but any more suggestions on how to minimize the experience, other than baby shampoo, keeping the run-off from dripping down in my underware, and taking plenty of drugs before class?

I also see pepper spray neutralizers advertised in cop supply web sites... Does that stuff help at all?

Someone told me that rinsing his face in milk helped... I don't know if they allow it, but I'm bringing a half-gallon of milk to class just in case

I'm just glad I didn't have to get shot in firearms class - That would suck
    I'd take being pepper sprayed twice over riding the buffalo. Being tazed was far worse than the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'd take being pepper sprayed twice over riding the buffalo. Being tazed was far worse than the OC.
    I got my Taser certification, but the Chief didn't make us get zapped... The instructor tried to lul us into a false sense of security by telling us that getting Tased was painless, and he hardly remembers it.

An officer I ride with sometimes who was getting re-certified told me later that the instructor didn't remember it because he probably passed out with the pain

(\__/)

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I got my Taser certification, but the Chief didn't make us get zapped... The instructor tried to lul us into a false sense of security by telling us that getting Tased was painless, and he hardly remembers it.

An officer I ride with sometimes who was getting re-certified told me later that the instructor didn't remember it because he probably passed out with the pain
    So have you gotten sprayed or what??

And you should get tased, regardless of whether it's required or not. But, that issue has already been discussed.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    So have you gotten sprayed or what??
    Nope, the dang instructor canceled our class for the 3rd time. Next class isn't till April, so I'm probably gonna need to find another college or certified instructor who offers the OC & baton training.

Last time when it was canceled I searched for a private class, and I found a bunch of security guard OC classes around here but none of them were TCLEOSE certified.

(\__/)

altonc27 is offline Rookie
    Awww man i got Oc'd today and that shit was something else. We used the Sabre foam (preferred for detention centers where I'm trainin for now) I want to post a video of me getting it but the file I have is huge so when I compress it I'll post the video but this is some serious stuff. I have a new respect for this OC spray. But honestly if you have the chance to do it take the spray. At first you'll regret it but after a couple of hours once everything clears you'll appreciate that you did jus in case you use it and its either backdrafted (with the stream type) in your face or an inmate (in my case) flings the foam back. It is an experience I wont forget. what sucks is that we had to arrest someone and place them in back of a cruiser and when my turn came up no one was standing around for me to arrest and my eyes were burning like hell. Besides the fact that I sucked in a MASSIVE amount of foam thru my nose.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by n30 View Post
    our mixture is some nasty shit. id rather get tased than sprayed ANY day of the week!
    I agree. The taser pain is awful, but it only lasts five seconds. Well, unless your instructor is a tool and lights you up again once it stops.

But spray messes me up something bad. I don't even carry it. I need a weapon that I know how it will work. I may spray a guy and it have almost no effect on him. THEN I am supposed to go hands on with him and fight him? The residue from him would mess me up. A bud of mine from college uses spray when he has a cold. He will spray a bunch in his hand and then sniff it up his nose to clear himself up. It doesn't bother him hardly at all. Then again he is the type that thinks there is nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I wouldn't describe the taser as pain per se. It's something totally different. The feeling is moreso the discomfort of all of your muscles simultaneously locking up. The only thing you really feel is that and the pulse of the electricity. Wouldn't say it really hurts, but the only thought you can put together after your time is up is "SONOFABITCH THAT HURTS!" Once you get your mind together you realize it wasn't really pain.

+1 to what Jmur said. You really should experience it.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I always figured it was like a cramp except every muscle in your body was cramping.

altonc27 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I wouldn't describe the taser as pain per se. It's something totally different. The feeling is moreso the discomfort of all of your muscles simultaneously locking up. The only thing you really feel is that and the pulse of the electricity. Wouldn't say it really hurts, but the only thought you can put together after your time is up is "SONOFABITCH THAT HURTS!" Once you get your mind together you realize it wasn't really pain.

+1 to what Jmur said. You really should experience it.

OMG I lol'd at this. Its soo truie. I got taser today and that was my exact response. Ill rather take that than the spray tho cuz once it stops you're done. That's it nothing more. But gee god ole' mighty it will drop anyone in a second cuz i have a high pain tolerance and that thing dropped me in a flash and all i could do is think of not biting my tongue cuz thats the only thing i felt like i had control of. My trainer said I screamed every cuss word in the ook. I honestly dont remember a thing I said other than SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T

I made the mistake of asking the trainer at the Sheriff's office if they could "do" me - He said yes just come to the class after they set a date for their rookie Deputies in January - Me and my big mouth

(\__/)

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I liken the taser experience to having an orgasm. That's probably because I like that weird shit anyways.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information