Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 159
  1. #121
    Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,124
    Rep Power
    6563843
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    I liken the taser experience to having an orgasm. That's probably because I like that weird shit anyways.
    Too Much Information!!!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

    TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

    "Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

    All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

  2. #122
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    I liken the taser experience to having an orgasm. That's probably because I like that weird shit anyways.

    You scream like a girl when you have an orgasm too?

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  3. #123
    Pudge's Avatar
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,320
    Rep Power
    8591418
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    I liken the taser experience to having sex. It only lasts five seconds, and when it's done, I'm spent.

    There, fixed it for you.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

    Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

    www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

    The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

  4. #124
    Elena is offline Detective
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-04-09
    Location
    Statham, GA
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    14005
    I just have to take a minute to describe the rather sadistic treatment we get when we get sprayed in our Academy classes here in my jurisdiction.

    First, you have to imagine the setup. Imagine a large (200 yd) open outdoor gun range on a sunny 90+ degree day, out in the sweltering Georgia heat. In order to "prepare you" for the experience, your instructors have you run to the end of the range and back, so you're nice and sweaty and your pores are open. You then stand there, facing your three instructors with your hands outstretched. They allow you the mercy of closing your eyes and holding your breath before all three open up and "pumpkin" your face.

    After this, you must then fight off two of your classmates for a full two minutes while they attempt to take your weapon. Should you have the misfortune of losing your weapon, you will be required to start over.

    Once you have made it through those two minutes, you must run about 20 yards across the range, where another instructor hands you a gun and you must hit a target twice at about 15 feet. Only the instructor may or may not give you a loaded gun. He may throw the bullets on the ground and make you combat load the gun after finding them. Or he may put in one or more dummy rounds to simulate a malfunction. And if you take too long to hit the target, he will start shooting sim rounds at you (one of our recruits actually got a smily face shot on her backside).

    Once you have successfully shot the target, you must turn around and handcuff a (thankfully) compliant subject, including hitting the doublelock on both cuffs.

    After this, you're allowed to wash off.

    I think that our instructors get just a little too much pleasure watching us all go through this. Though I definitely admit, there is no pepper spray incident on the road that could ever be as bad as what we made it through on that day. So we're prepared.

    I'll take the taser, any day!

  5. #125
    IndianaFuzz's Avatar
    IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    11-09-08
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1596351
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    I just have to take a minute to describe the rather sadistic treatment we get when we get sprayed in our Academy classes here in my jurisdiction.

    First, you have to imagine the setup. Imagine a large (200 yd) open outdoor gun range on a sunny 90+ degree day, out in the sweltering Georgia heat. In order to "prepare you" for the experience, your instructors have you run to the end of the range and back, so you're nice and sweaty and your pores are open. You then stand there, facing your three instructors with your hands outstretched. They allow you the mercy of closing your eyes and holding your breath before all three open up and "pumpkin" your face.

    After this, you must then fight off two of your classmates for a full two minutes while they attempt to take your weapon. Should you have the misfortune of losing your weapon, you will be required to start over.

    Once you have made it through those two minutes, you must run about 20 yards across the range, where another instructor hands you a gun and you must hit a target twice at about 15 feet. Only the instructor may or may not give you a loaded gun. He may throw the bullets on the ground and make you combat load the gun after finding them. Or he may put in one or more dummy rounds to simulate a malfunction. And if you take too long to hit the target, he will start shooting sim rounds at you (one of our recruits actually got a smily face shot on her backside).

    Once you have successfully shot the target, you must turn around and handcuff a (thankfully) compliant subject, including hitting the doublelock on both cuffs.

    After this, you're allowed to wash off.

    I think that our instructors get just a little too much pleasure watching us all go through this. Though I definitely admit, there is no pepper spray incident on the road that could ever be as bad as what we made it through on that day. So we're prepared.

    I'll take the taser, any day!
    Damn you have some sadistic instructors! For me the spray f*cks me up big time. It really affects me. That's one of the reasons I won't carry it. It may or may nt even affect the perp I spray it on, but I know it will affect me. Any person you spray, you know you still have to go hands on with. So for me, the spray is more counter productive than it is productive. I much would prefer to just tase the piece than spray him. I've used my taser twice and both times it worked amazingly well.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

  6. #126
    zpd307's Avatar
    zpd307 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-12-06
    Location
    zumbrota, mn
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    1335566
    i would rather get tasered again....... enough said
    MANNNNN.... YOU MUST BE FAST, BECAUSE I WAS HAULIN ASS WHEN I PASSED YOU!

  7. #127
    swaggon is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-29-09
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    81471
    All the comments, I was crying from laughter. Seriously, 45 minutes later and you are golden. I have never tried the stuff advertised in cop mags but I wonder. Here is my recommendation. After the spray, wipe your forehead ONCE with your non-dominant hand and complete the drill. I hate OC, what have others heard about why we are sprayed at Academy?

  8. #128
    CaliTheKid's Avatar
    CaliTheKid is offline Investigator
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    09-06-07
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    365
    Baby shampoo helps 100%. It still will hurt but for less time and you won't reactivate (too much) later on.
    The great will make you feel like you too can be great.

  9. #129
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965
    Thanks again everyone!

    Elena, I asked the sheriff's department if I could sneak into a OC class sometimes and they said I could... But after your experience, maybe I'd be safer to stick with the Community College if they will quit canceling the classes. I've heard our Sheriff's department has a rigorous academy, so I may be getting in over my head there, even without the OC!

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  10. #130
    Dustoff262's Avatar
    Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-07-08
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    151878
    Crush up some charcoal. mix a lil bit of water and make it a muddy consistency. When you get sprayed and need the decon, place this mixture on your face. Dont Rub!!! .. let the charcoal absorb most of the pepper spray. Then flush with lots of cold water. After about 5 minutes you will stop feeling it burn, but you might still feel a bit but not nearly as bad. But make sure you rinse it off thoroughly.


    Good Luck!!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

  11. #131
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965
    The charcoal sounds like a good idea. I bet the Activated Charcoal like they use in aquarium filters would work even better.

    Maybe I'll get some Habanero peppers and try each method on a little patch of skin to see which one works the best

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  12. #132
    Pudge's Avatar
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,320
    Rep Power
    8591418
    C'mon man, just get it over with already.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

    Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

    www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

    The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

  13. #133
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965
    LOL, I will if they don't cancel my class again - The next one isn't scheduled until April, so I have two more months to dwell on it
    Eastfield College -- Continuing Education Spring Schedule

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  14. #134
    Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,124
    Rep Power
    6563843
    Y'know... I bet we can get together and arrange for Charlie to get exposed to OC. Of course, that'll kill this thread!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

    TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

    "Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

    All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

  15. #135
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Y'know... I bet we can get together and arrange for Charlie to get exposed to OC. Of course, that'll kill this thread!




    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  16. #136
    Delon is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    10-22-08
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    20392

    Just make sure

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    LOL, I will if they don't cancel my class again - The next one isn't scheduled until April, so I have two more months to dwell on it
    Eastfield College -- Continuing Education Spring Schedule
    When they spray you, ask them to use Fox Labs 5.3, just so you get the most out of it

    That is what they used on us when I got sprayed.

  17. #137
    mg32's Avatar
    mg32 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    03-30-09
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    10135
    Quote Originally Posted by Delon View Post
    When they spray you, ask them to use Fox Labs 5.3, just so you get the most out of it

    That is what they used on us when I got sprayed.
    You are evil!!! I was part of the experimental group, for our agency, who was sprayed with the FOX 5.3. This was after I had been sprayed with the Punch. Fox is so much hotter that it isn't even funny. But the pics that were taken of it were. Just a pice of advice don't breath it in while they are spraying you. That is an experiance that you can do without....Unless you don't like to breath.

  18. #138
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224965
    Oh shit - that's this weekend, isn't it?

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  19. #139
    jmur5074's Avatar
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,051
    Rep Power
    6232623
    Finally....
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

    "The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

    We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

  20. #140
    121Traffic's Avatar
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    01-09-06
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,547
    Rep Power
    6332992
    If you don't up and get sprayed this weekend, you just need to man the fuck up and have someone spray you with your own so you can stop posting about how nervous you are.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •