Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Getting Pepper Sprayed on the 9th

Well, June 9th is approaching fast - That's the day I signed up to be pepper sprayed.

I've seen some suggestions posted before, but any more suggestions on how to minimize the experience, other than baby shampoo, keeping the run-off from dripping down in my underware, and taking plenty of drugs before class?

I also see pepper spray neutralizers advertised in cop supply web sites... Does that stuff help at all?

Someone told me that rinsing his face in milk helped... I don't know if they allow it, but I'm bringing a half-gallon of milk to class just in case

I'm just glad I didn't have to get shot in firearms class - That would suck
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 05-24-07 at 01:47 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    bring a note from your doctor saying you cant be sprayed ...

or

in the opposite direction, run as far and as fast as you can when mk4 gets raised to shoulder level

sorry guy but it sucks no matter how you do it. i spent 45 min in decon. and a dried particle fell into my eye on the drive home...

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by pc830cop View Post
    bring a note from your doctor saying you cant be sprayed ...

or

in the opposite direction, run as far and as fast as you can when mk4 gets raised to shoulder level

sorry guy but it sucks no matter how you do it. i spent 45 min in decon. and a dried particle fell into my eye on the drive home...
    I was afraid you'd say that

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you are being sprayed with just pepper spray the milk should help. However if you are being sprayed with a mixture of pepper and chemical there is nothing you can really do. Keeping your face in the air conditioner vent of you car will help a little. And yes there is always the particle falling in your eye hours later. If you use a rag to help wipe the excess off after it dries do not rub and use colder than tap water. Good luck. I've been sprayed numerous times.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I hear butter works!!! LOL just kidding

Lots of water, or a decon spray!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    watch out for showering after...i got quite the "aftershock" on the ol' dingus...make sure you rinse your hair bent over so the water/OC mix doesn't burn up TXCharlie Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Little hair of the dog that bit ya. Wait until it dries, spray some into your hand and just rub it off. It sticks to itself, so it will just come right off.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Look on the bright side. At least it's not CR gas, now that really is unpleasant stuff.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Clean you one side of your face really well before you go to class! You'll notice a huge differance in the pours on the clean side of your face vs the not so clean side.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Little hair of the dog that bit ya. Wait until it dries, spray some into your hand and just rub it off. It sticks to itself, so it will just come right off.
    Dude, you are evil!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Having had the mispleasure of being pepper sprayed in the police academy and CS gassed in the Army I would have to say CS gas is much worse. However, it wears off fairly fast once you leave the gas chamber.
    Pepper spray lingers and it hurts like a bitch. We had nothing in the academy but a hose to get it off. That just made it worse.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    A buddy of mine had some pepper spray. I just sprayed a little bit into a trashcan to see how the stream came out. I didnt know if it came out in a stream or a mist. I just tapped it, and for about two hours afterwards, I was still coughing and my eyes still burnt a little. Just from a little spray, completly in my opposite direction.

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Shave the morning before getting sprayed. It helps 100&#37;.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    LMAO dont you dare shave!!!!!!!

nothing helps dude...
    your gonna burn and just put your face in the fan they provide, pray and wait.

I had a bad reaction for some reason and my eyes stayed swollen for 3 days after. Nothing helped when I was in the ER. Its just a waiting game.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Sorry TX, all that will help you is air,water and time. It will burn when you take a shower later at night so remove all razors while you thrash around the shower in pain. There will be little particles left in your eyelashes and brows unless you feel like plucking those before hand. JUst after you get sprayed go the garden hose and sit in front of the a.c.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I found that the longer I stayed in the water, the longer it hurt. Shortly after sitting in front of the fan, I could open my eyes with out any assitance.

I did use Dawn dish soap when I got home, and that seemed to help. My eyes and mustache reactivated and that is it. At first I though I had gotten soap in my eyes and then I tried to open them!

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Shave the morning before getting sprayed. It helps 100%.
    head to toe
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    i'd say bring some good cooked steaks and wipe the pepper flakes off with it..tastes really good

on a serious note,

make sure when your taking a shower later on that date, keep your eyes closed cause all the dried up flakes on ur face and in your hair will run into your eyes...and it till sting all over again..trust me
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I don think there is much you can do but cowboy up, wash well afterwards, and live with it.

Some say a sugar water / baby shampoo mixture works but I never tried it. DONT SHAVE!!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    yeah listen to them dont shave but do wax, waxing helps a ton. Also if you are total chicken try one of these

not only will hit protect your girly face but you will have fabulous skin afterward and no dark circles under your eyes

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information