Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Signal 10 is offline Rookie
    People lie.
    That subjects use the same lies.
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

RaiderCop is offline Investigations, we solve no crime, before overtime
    1. Even after 20 years, the sense of entitlement displayed by many people is simply unbelievable.

2. Of the sight of death and gore I have grown accustomed to, dead babies still make me cry and loose sleep.

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    That wearing a badge somehow FORCES citizens to ask you retarded a$# questions!!!
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    That cops have been and can be assholes to each other..

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Fuck you.

j/k, couldn't pass that up.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    1) Life is way too short.
    2) Enjoy the time you have with the people you love as you can be taken out of this world in a second without warning.
    3) I know what death smells like.
    4) People for the most part are fucking idiots.
    5) Societies definition of a good cop.. "I got pulled over and didn't get a ticket, he was a good cop and wasn't a dick."
    Bad Cop: "I got pulled over and was given a ticket, what a fucking dick."
    REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER ELSE THE COP WAS DOING THE ENTIRE FUCKING DAY OR NIGHT, IF THEY GAVE SOMEONE A TICKET, THEY ARE INSTANTLY CALLED A DICK BY MOST OF SOCIETY.

6) I can always look at my situation I am in, go to work and come home realizing "it could be worse...".
    7) Regardless of how much you bitch about work to your family, they won't ever understand and still think that no matter what a cop goes through, they have no right to have an occasional attitude, and still think they know how to do the job just as well as you do.
    8) Even after #7, they wonder why you stop talking to them about work, and take offense that you don't talk to them about it anymore. I'd really like to tell them after this "fuck you".
    9) Some people are a true waste of space.
    10) Some people can be incredibly evil and cold.
    11) I hate society
    12) I should have been a garbage man. They get paid more, get better benefits, less stress, and deal with less shit.
    13) Most people lie, even the victims.
    14) You'll very rarely find out what actually went on in an incident.
    15) I somehow still find quite a fair amount of sadistic joy in my job.
    16) People like to bitch.
    17) Large amounts of people can't handle their own problems and call the police to solve them, then bitch about the response.
    18) People are assholes. (To the piece of shit that called in to complain about the red and blue lights at a traffic crash when a fellow officer was clinging to life on a traffic crash, kiss my ass. If I ever run into you at work, your ass is is walking away with my ticket book and Thousands of dollars in citations)
    19) No matter what someone has done, you can count that they will usually tell you frantically "I'm not a criminal!!" or "I'm not a bad person!"
    20) People only consider you "a nice deputy" until you take some kind of action against them, or don't tell them what they want to hear.
    21) Some people just need their ass beat.
    22) Best words you'll ever hear or say "I have the reportee/complaintant in custody"
    23) Hell hath no fury as the brothers and sisters of a downed officer.
    24) Cop funerals hurt more than you can ever imagine, especially if the person lying in the casket you are guarding is the one you've worked the streets with.

I think I've said enough.

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    1) Life is way too short.
    2) Enjoy the time you have with the people you love as you can be taken out of this world in a second without warning.
    3) I know what death smells like.
    4) People for the most part are fucking idiots.
    5) Societies definition of a good cop.. "I got pulled over and didn't get a ticket, he was a good cop and wasn't a dick."
    Bad Cop: "I got pulled over and was given a ticket, what a fucking dick."
    REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER ELSE THE COP WAS DOING THE ENTIRE FUCKING DAY OR NIGHT, IF THEY GAVE SOMEONE A TICKET, THEY ARE INSTANTLY CALLED A DICK BY MOST OF SOCIETY.

6) I can always look at my situation I am in, go to work and come home realizing "it could be worse...".
    7) Regardless of how much you bitch about work to your family, they won't ever understand and still think that no matter what a cop goes through, they have no right to have an occasional attitude, and still think they know how to do the job just as well as you do.
    8) Even after #7, they wonder why you stop talking to them about work, and take offense that you don't talk to them about it anymore. I'd really like to tell them after this "fuck you".
    9) Some people are a true waste of space.
    10) Some people can be incredibly evil and cold.
    11) I hate society
    12) I should have been a garbage man. They get paid more, get better benefits, less stress, and deal with less shit.
    13) Most people lie, even the victims.
    14) You'll very rarely find out what actually went on in an incident.
    15) I somehow still find quite a fair amount of sadistic joy in my job.
    16) People like to bitch.
    17) Large amounts of people can't handle their own problems and call the police to solve them, then bitch about the response.
    18) People are assholes. (To the piece of shit that called in to complain about the red and blue lights at a traffic crash when a fellow officer was clinging to life on a traffic crash, kiss my ass. If I ever run into you at work, your ass is is walking away with my ticket book and Thousands of dollars in citations)
    19) No matter what someone has done, you can count that they will usually tell you frantically "I'm not a criminal!!" or "I'm not a bad person!"
    20) People only consider you "a nice deputy" until you take some kind of action against them, or don't tell them what they want to hear.
    21) Some people just need their ass beat.
    22) Best words you'll ever hear or say "I have the reportee/complaintant in custody"
    23) Hell hath no fury as the brothers and sisters of a downed officer.
    24) Cop funerals hurt more than you can ever imagine, especially if the person lying in the casket you are guarding is the one you've worked the streets with.

I think I've said enough.

I'll Say!!!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Just because you get 12 people together in a box doesn't mean they know what they're doing.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I have learned that the Judges never back you up! Everyone has only had one beer, and everyone had Just Barley used the bathroom right before I got there so It takes forever to get a U.A. but I always leave that with it or with the person!!!

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    1) We stand alone against the world. The greater majority of society doesn't want to know about what we do, or be involved in it. The rest are either protestors, criminals, or media.

2) A cop can be in the news as a hero today, and tomorrow the media will take the same officer and paint them as a cold-hearted criminal.

3) Criminals never die... Three shots to the head, they live. The good guys never seem to have the same luck, and we end up dead from trivial wounds like paper cuts and splinters.

4) "Murphy" is an asshole.

5) Though I don't believe in "fate", it can still believe in you. The same can be said for paranoia. Bad things can happen to even the most "immortal" cops at the times you'd least expect it.

6) You can't change the world, and the sooner your figure that out the happier you'll be on this job.

7) You will look at the world differently after doing this job for a few years... Your family won't always understand, and might even suggest that you've become rude or paranoid. You will become numb to blood and gore, and your family may not understand that either.

8) Despite being desensitized to violence, it will always always hit home when something happens to one of your own (be it family, or a fellow officer).

9) The "brotherhood" in LE is often questioned in times of peace. However, the real test of the LE community almost naturally comes in times of crisis. An officer down call will turn a quiet city into a police state in a matter of seconds... Everyone comes out of the wood work when the chips are really down.

10) If you ever feel like you've figured this job out, you are probably about ten seconds away from finding out that you really haven't!

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I have learned that everyone thinks they are a freaking lawyer.... or some how studied the law because they all seem to know more than me when I slapping cuffs on them

Verified LEO
    I have really learned to hate those CSI shows. Everyone thinks that we should collect DNA and fingerprints when their mailbox gets smacked by a car or prankster, and think it's a federal offense also.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    I have learned that everyone you run across while in uniform,stares at you as though you are evil. The dude with two earrings and a tattoed face with purple hair and f..kyou written across his face will be greeted with a smile and i will be frowned upon.

I have also learned that when i make an arrest,i am the one who is gilty untill proven innocent. I have learned that even the most modest child would take my life,and that my life is of no importance to the public.Most importantly,i have learned that i do not need to adjust my attitutude to please some jerk-off,and thati am not out there to win a popularity contest.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I now know that every Tom, Dick, And Harry knows how do do my job, except me!

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    I now know that every Tom, Dick, And Harry knows how do do my job, except me!
    Thats the fricken truth

Verified LEO
    I am so fucking sick of hearing "I didn't do it" everytime I walk into someplace while I am working!!!!!!!!

ALWAYS FIRST!!!

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    I am so fucking sick of hearing "I didn't do it" everytime I walk into someplace while I am working!!!!!!!!
    Just tell them.. "The person that usually says this, is the one that most likely done something, or has something to hide. So, what have you done?"

Buttercup is online now Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I didn't do it!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I didn't do it!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    That's it, now you've done it. The next one to say that gets 'cuffed. (Heck, we may cuff Buttercup just for fun!)
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I'm bored of that phrase too. But, I usually just pull out my handcuffs, look at them as if I'm serious, and say "well the guy out there (pointing towards the street) just said you did, and you are acting guilty enough to me, so I guess you'll just have your day in court... ok?".

Then, after I'm sure I have them in a cold sweat, I smile and walk on. Haven't had a complaint yet... and it often gets a laugh after they realize I'm not really serious... or am I?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information