Welcome to the APBWeb.
    PCSD722 is offline Rookie

What are the odds of retaliation

In a shooting that we just had here, a mexican here on a work visa was shot by a group of locals, this is after a lot of threats and property damage bby the locals over a period of time. For those of you who have had dealings with mexican workers (it is pretty new to us here) what are the odds of them retaliating, either in person or by inviting others, possibly even MS-13 members, to handle things for them? So far most of our dealings with the mexican workers have been friendly, but people can only be pushed so far, even if they are just here working.
    Stay safe, let's all go home.

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Can't say I have seen that exact scenario take place, but typically the retaliation takes place within the first few hours of the incident. However, if it is all gang related, then that can be a different story. Is the worker a member of MS-13, or are you assuming that because he's from Mexico he has MS-13 ties?
    "That's how we roll"

We have seen a couple of people with MS-13 tats travel thru and have had some residents tell us of tats on some that have stayed over with the mexicans and el salvadorians for a night or two. Was only wondering if this was a posibility that we may watch for.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd call the possibility remote at best. Real MS members do not particularly like to draw that much attention to themselves. They rarely take up the banner on a "noble cause". Remember that these guys are organized criminals, more than patriots.

I'd say you have more of a chance of civil disobedience by the workers, than retaliatory "hits" carried out by MS.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

The thing that causes me to shake my head...well one of the things..is that the family members of the locals are talking retaliation against the mexicans because their family members were arrested. A complete lack of any common sense.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    There are many other Mexican gangs besides MS-13. Where I work, we have MS-13, and Southside 13.

MS-13 is the most dangerous and violent gang in the US. Use extreme caution with them. They will not hesitate to kill or assault law enforcement, if given the opportunity.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I'd call the possibility remote at best. Real MS members do not particularly like to draw that much attention to themselves. They rarely take up the banner on a "noble cause". Remember that these guys are organized criminals, more than patriots.

I'd say you have more of a chance of civil disobedience by the workers, than retaliatory "hits" carried out by MS.
    Random retaliation for violence against Latinos is unlikely.

If, however, he was a gang member, retaliation becomes much more likely.

I know MS has gotten a lot of press lately -- but there are many other gangs out there. It's vitally important to know what gangs are active in your area (black, white, Latino, Asian, mixed, hybrid, and more...), and how to identify them. MS, for example, is mostly (but not exclusively) Central American, with few true Mexicans. In fact, MS was formed in defense against Mexican gangs in LA! Check out knowgangs.com, among other sites for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    There are many other Mexican gangs besides MS-13. Where I work, we have MS-13, and Southside 13.

MS-13 is the most dangerous and violent gang in the US. Use extreme caution with them. They will not hesitate to kill or assault law enforcement, if given the opportunity.

reading this thread made me think of a case i have in NM would y'all mind taking a look and tell me if you think it could be part of this gang? i have some leads as to what happened to her that i will give off post if needed . i know she used to hang at a bar that scared the crap out of me .

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/260ufnm.html
    Doenetwork.org Finding The Lost...When Everyone Else has Given Up

myspace.com/usaforcewife

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Usaforcewife View Post
    reading this thread made me think of a case i have in NM would y'all mind taking a look and tell me if you think it could be part of this gang? i have some leads as to what happened to her that i will give off post if needed . i know she used to hang at a bar that scared the crap out of me .

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/260ufnm.html
    Marijuana is often symbolized by the letter "M" or the number "13", (M being the 13th letter of the alphabet). Unless someone from another area has additional information, the tatt's that your decedent displays wouldn't lead me to believe in a gang affiliation.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thank you for responding , from what i learned she might have been into drugs and went back and forth to mexico . she is not listed on any missing persons data anywere sure would like to I'D her .. again thanks
    Doenetwork.org Finding The Lost...When Everyone Else has Given Up

myspace.com/usaforcewife

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I'd agree. "13" in this case is probably not gang related; it's probably drugs (marijuana). "Sunny" is probably a nickname; I'd guess either her's or her boyfriend's. From the age, and the info here, I would want to rule out OMG connections, though. She seems like a good candidate for someone's old lady... or club property.

Thread Information