Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    We have 2 different animal control agencies, one city and one county.... They don't usually come out unless it is a vicious animal... I have 6th-8th graders at my school and some are very small kids and afraid of everything...well one day there was a pit bull dog outside around the bus area...it was 0800hrs I went outside the dog was friendly, but jumped all over people and with some of my kids he would have knocked them down...I call the PD and have them dispatch animal control...ok time rolls by I go outside at 1200hrs and the dog meets me at the door... Call the PD again and they say they cant take a call about the same animal 2 times in 1 day... anyways they never showed up, the dog never left the building... I finally find some rope in my office and make a collar for the dog, one of the teachers took the dog home and a week later it ran away lol.
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    ______________________________ __________
    In vino veritas!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by firedance
    thank god i live in the uk , we dont really have dangerous animals roaming wild .
    I donno, I've been over to the UK's Moors, I think you call them... There were an awfully large number of ferocious sheep all over the road. I was almost afraid to get out of my car Seriously, from a distance they look like big ol round furry rocks laying all over the road. It was quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    Call the PD again and they say they cant take a call about the same animal 2 times in 1 day
    Did you use the old trick, telling them that you had a gun? It seems to work around here, but sometimes with unintended consequences
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 02-01-06 at 12:50 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    in my county we are full service and receive every call imaginable to man. animal control wont respond to collect an animal unless its contained. loose dogs, aggressive animals, racoons in houses, etc we get dispatched to them all and are expected to handle it. so one time i get dipsatched to this call for a german shepard that is unfamiliar to the area and wont let the resident of a house into her own dwelling. i respond, find this dog snarling on the front porch. i try to pet it, it tries to bite me. i take this 50 foot rope, tie a loop in it and attempt to throw it over the dogs neck...bad choice. the dog freaks, starts chasing me i jump up on my police cars hood screaming like a 10 year old girl, the dog returns to its original position. notify animal control, they refuse to respond because the dog is still loose. cant just leave the dog, cause if it hurts someone i suffer the wrath of admin. long story short, i borrow a pot roast from a neighbor, befriend the pooch, lure him into my vehicle with the meat, animal control responds and takes him away probably humanely destroying the poor guy a week later. that is just one incident of many.

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    AC doesn't respond unless it's contained???? WTF kind of lazy BS is that? If they are contained then they stop being a problem.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    you dont need to tell me how ridiculous it is. luckily i havent had to deal with too many exotic creatures. i hate snakes and will probably end up shooting one when i get that call.

Sleuth is offline SS/A (Ret.)
    I had to deal with a College professor smuggling a bunch of rattlesnakes! They were in pillowcases in his truck. He got a BIG fine and jail time, snakes went to the zoo. I HATE SNAKES.
    Now I'm on the fire dept (volunteer), if the cats in the tree, wait until she gets hungry. Ever see a cat skelton in a tree? BTW, if there are bees, we just hit them with foam, it kills them.
    Survival is the only Victory!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information