Welcome to the APBWeb.
    rdawg67 is offline Rookie

Background question

For my first question. I went through the hiring process for Sheriff Custodial fairly quickly. I applied, Panel interviewed, tested, pre-background, then was called to pick-up my big packet. All this happened within two months. I turned my packet in on July 23rd. That was 12 weeks ago. Although I havent got the dreaded 'thankyou' letter. When is it ok to try to contact someone about the status? About six weeks ago I decided to do California Correction as well. I scored very high and already turning in my background packet. Thanks

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    This is a matter of opinion. I feel that 12 weeks is more than enough time to contact them.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    This is a matter of opinion. I feel that 12 weeks is more than enough time to contact them.

I agree.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    What about 9 weeks?

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I started my hiring process in July, was called back in August to do the polygraph in Sept. and had my physical and psych on October 2nd and was called on the 3rd and told that I could start as soon as i wanted. I would have gone quicker but I live in Florida and the job is in Texas.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

scribz718 is offline Rookie

Another backgroun question (SacPD)

Anyone know what the credit check in the background investigation is meant to uncover? I'm in 50k debt from school and am wondering if that will affect my chances of being cleared.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would think that a good credit score and payment history offset by a good debt to income ratio would help there. The background check into that is usually done to assess the candidates likelyhood of being corrupt in order to meet the bills.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

I don't think they consider school as bad debt. (As long as you are making your payments)

i agree with all you guys about 8-12 wks. just be very consistent to show them that you are very interested

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    I don't think they consider school as bad debt. (As long as you are making your payments)
    Probably as long as u are making payments, and u have a degree to show for it.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO

Please remember people ASK-A-COP is a place where verified LEO's answer questions. Non Verified members are permitted to make comments but not answer questions

Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Please remember people ASK-A-COP is a place where verified LEO's answer questions. Non Verified members are permitted to make comments but not answer questions
    Sorry I did notice that after the fact.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Sorry I did notice that after the fact.

attention to detail..attention to detail
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by scribz718 View Post
    Anyone know what the credit check in the background investigation is meant to uncover? I'm in 50k debt from school and am wondering if that will affect my chances of being cleared.
    I would not worry about student loans as long as you are up to date. The credit check is to see if you are responsible and pay your bills. Trust me I had a ton of credit card debit when I was hired. I was not behind on anything so it did not hurt me.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Thread Information