Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stopping a car

lop
    lop is offline Member

Stopping a car

Pitcure it : Highway in the night.

What shall I do when a unmarked police car is behind me with lights on? Shall I stop right away or shall i drive to the nearest exit where I think it is safe to stop?

FishTail Guest
    Whatever you do, make it clear that you are going to stop. Otherwise the cavalry will come and yank you out through your quarterlight.

lop
    lop is offline Member
    Calling 911 first and finding out if I have a unit behind me or not.

Do you think this would work in the UK as well ?

FishTail Guest
    No, the first thing you do is put on your hazard lights and slow down because if you don't indicate that you're going to stop then you may find yourself in a whole world of hurt.

The problem with calling is that you may get put through to another agency that doesn't have contact with the officer trying to stop you.

At the end of the day, it's up to you whether you stop or not. Just don't expect the cops to be real nice about it if you don't stop. It's in our nature to be suspicious.

I wouldn't recommend it in the UK. By the time you'd got through to the control room and they'd found out who was behind you you'd have had your tyres deflated by a spike strip. We don't mess around over here. Plus our unmarked cars have plenty of lights on them, so it'd be pretty obvious who it was.

lop
    lop is offline Member
    We have lived 3 years in the UK and I had so my questions about the police. What kind of laws does a Bobby has when not helping out by vandalismn (showing proof on camrea and photo ) , happy slapping , emergency responding ( 30 minutes until a car came ) .

I'm wondering if Happy slapping is still going around? happy slapping is running to a person hitting him or her on both cheeks and running away. here they would get shot for doing it. It will stop very fast.

The best law was the dog. Thats what i loved. If a person breaks into your house and your dog is biting him it is the bad guys fault when he gets bitten. Not the owners fault.

We have lived nearly all over the place and the Uk is very different what comes to law's enforcements .

I loved the country also the bobbie's. They do look cute with their uniform. What a shame is that they can not wear weapons.

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lop
    We have lived 3 years in the UK and I had so my questions about the police. What kind of laws does a Bobby has when not helping out by vandalismn (showing proof on camrea and photo ) , happy slapping , emergency responding ( 30 minutes until a car came ) .
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

lop
    lop is offline Member
    I do have another question. What is if you have kid's in the car? Does the Police in the Uk still spike the tires from the car?

It is not an arguement OK guy's?? Just a question. To understand the UK police as well. In every country the rules and laws are way different.

FishTail Guest
    If you have kids in the car and you're running from the police, you're more of a danger to yourself, the kids and other road users than if we bring you to a stop using a spike strip. So, yes, I'd use it.

lop
    lop is offline Member
    Oh this question is easy do tell.

While We where living in the Uk I discovered this. Vandalismn. breaking into the cars and stealing stuff out of it.Teenagers did got caught from the americans on the photo and video . they took the stuff to the police jus tto find out that they can not do a thing because they did not caught them right away .

I had an emergency called the police in the night and they where in our house 30 minutes later.. The station was 5 minutes driving from us.

FishTail Guest
    If you came to me with video of someone committing an offence then I'd try to prosecute them. Don't forget that the decision to prosecute is not up to the police in the UK. It's up to the Crown Prosecutor.

As to the 30 minute response time. All calls are graded in order of priority. I'd imagine your call was graded as less serious than other calls going on at the time. What was the emergency?

lop
    lop is offline Member
    What is a Crown Prosecutor? I never heard of this before. Thos prosecutor shall get fired in Newmarket.

Police is telling us Oh Newmarket is one of the safest cities and 1 weeks later Newmarket made the headline. Newmarket the worst city . And i thought the intire time London would be the City with a lot of crime. Nope it was Newmarket.

I did called in because of : Somebody was hiding behind a bush across from our house. this was around midnight

FishTail Guest
    The Crown Prosecutor is the person who makes the decision as to whether a person will be charged with a crime or not. I very much doubt that the Crown Prosecutor in Newmarket will be fired. I also very much doubt (in fact, I know) that Newmarket is not the highest-crime place in the UK.

Somebody hiding in a bush is not a priority call. Someone being attacked or someone actually breaking into a house is a priority call.

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    Crown prosecuter is the same as our Director of Public Prosecutions and the American District Attorney. Yah or nay?
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

FishTail Guest
    Yup.

lop
    lop is offline Member
    No wonder why the people in Newmarket are not happy with this person.

At what age can they go to jail in the UK ? I know a boy who should be in jail he does get caught and then he is out again. He has a crime history thats not even funny anymore.

FishTail Guest
    Any child over 10 can be committed to the care of the local authority. We try not to put kids in jail though.

In the US I think your allowed verify the unmarked car before stopping fully arent you? I remember a case in the papers cause there were robbers/rapsist using lights on their POV's

lop
    lop is offline Member
    There is actually an E mail going around that goes somewhat so:

There is a mother and Daughter driving on the highway. All the sudden they have an unmarkt police car behind them. The daughter i believe called the cops and did asked if this is a police car. They said that this is NOT a police car and they should not stop. They gave the dispatcher the location and the real cops did lined up behind the bad guy. Yes they caught him. It turned out that he was a bad guy.

in these day's we can buy everything over the net. And nobody does care where and how you get it.

Remember the bombing in Germany? i think that was the time when they hit Frankfurt Airport? The police did showed us in the TV how easy it was to get the stuff over the internet. This is not funny anymore.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lop
    There is actually an E mail going around that goes somewhat so:

There is a mother and Daughter driving on the highway. All the sudden they have an unmarkt police car behind them. The daughter i believe called the cops and did asked if this is a police car. They said that this is NOT a police car and they should not stop. They gave the dispatcher the location and the real cops did lined up behind the bad guy. Yes they caught him. It turned out that he was a bad guy.

Do you believe everything that ciruculates thru e-mail on the internet?

If its unmarked you could leave the engine running and request the officers warrant card (ID)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information