Welcome to the APBWeb.
    trekgirl is offline Officer First Class

Hey Maclean, Car 4 or other WA LEO

I just got this really cool GPS system. Promises that I'll never get lost again. Anyhoo, its illegal in some states. The RCW states this:
    (2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster, or other nontransparent material upon the front windshield, side wings, or side or rear windows of such vehicle which obstructs the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway.

Do I interpret this correctly when I think that as long as it is not obstructing my view that it can be on the windshield? I have it mounted on the lower left portion of the windshield to the right of the steering wheel. I can clearly see through the windshield.
    Your thoughts?

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    I believe that is right. I know it doesn't apply to tall gauges ( dash tach) or legal parking stickers like Ferry Zones either. Should be no problem.

A Thomas Brothers is almost as good and works even with a dead battery, Dude!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If it isn't in front of your face, you should be ok.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    You're fine. If it was illegal, would you see a boatload of crap like cameras and radar control heads sitting on a cop car dash?

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    You're fine. If it was illegal, would you see a boatload of crap like cameras and radar control heads sitting on a cop car dash?

In MN it's illegal to have anything between your face and the windshield except the rear view mirror. This includes items placed on the dash, and stuff hanging from the mirror.

Yet I have a camera, 3 inch monitor for the camera, radar antenna, and radar screen on my windshield and dash.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    It is illegal in the State of Michigan to have your windows tinted on the front glass, but our G-rides are "tint so it ain't e-z to be seen."

"Stupid should hurt."

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Washington State has a codified RCW - whatever is not specifically exempted for law enforcement is typically verboten for us as well as the populace.

For example, our tint law has a specific exemption for police cars, and we have a specific law that allows us to violate traffic laws, etc.

For a libtard State, our RCW is pretty thorough.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

phoenix Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    If it isn't in front of your face, you should be ok.
    Simple downright truth..Nice.

Thread Information