Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

anybody use Aegis software at your dept?

if you do, do you like it, is it user friendly, etc etc?

thanks!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    if you do, do you like it, is it user friendly, etc etc?

thanks!
    Yes, we do. No, I don't. No, it isn't.

Run like hell.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Why do you need to run destroyer software to teach social workers?

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Yes, we do. No, I don't. No, it isn't.

Run like hell.
    hmph.

it looked nice in the brochure...

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    hmph.

it looked nice in the brochure...
    And they will tell you every time what it will do for you. Then when you buy it, it won't work right and they will say the fix is coming.

Your windows computers will crash or require you to use older versions, the mobile product was designed by people who never drove a police car, and the RMS interface would fuck up an expert Records Clerk.

CAD was designed by two monkeys fucking a football, and apparently was devoid of any dispatcher input.

Run. Before they lie and tell you they can convert your old data or make mobile reporting work.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    And they will tell you every time what it will do for you. Then when you buy it, it won't work right and they will say the fix is coming.

Your windows computers will crash or require you to use older versions, the mobile product was designed by people who never drove a police car, and the RMS interface would fuck up an expert Records Clerk.

CAD was designed by two monkeys fucking a football, and apparently was devoid of any dispatcher input.

Run. Before they lie and tell you they can convert your old data or make mobile reporting work.

Hmmm, That sounds like our CAD. We don't use the records part though.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Supporting Member Lvl 3

oh, I'M not buying it.

as far as data conversion goes, I've dealt with a lot of it at my old job.

some was due to people not recording things properly in the first place in their old system, so it doesn't convert over to the right place in the new one.

most of it was due to programmers thinking they are WAY smarter than they are though

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    If you visit their offices to audit their ISO processes, do it unannounced.

I once worked at a software company that hired temporary employees just to fill desks and look like they had this huge customer service and QC department testing stuff in our program.

What the stupid audors and visiting customer CEO's didn't do was poke around asking questions... What they would have discovered was that these people were just pressing buttons, entering stuff, and watching the pretty error and warning boxes pop up - They had no idea even what the application did - And they weren't talking to customers, they were toldto call each other and act like they're solving problems - The conversation was limited to one minute, always ending with "I'm glad we could solve your problem today." .

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Hey don't blame the auditors.

It's rough going out every night with your coworkers every night and boning the various girls from all over the country.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    It's rough going out every night with your coworkers every night and boning the various girls from all over the country.
    its a tough life

although the worst i ever did on a work night was get drunk and make out with some girl at the bar. sitting...at...the...bar. lol

then i got called out by one of the people in class, "Ender, did you have a rough night last night?!" i said, "nope, i just don't wake up until at least 9 a.m., and i don't feel like pretending today

and yes, i know your post wasn't directed at me

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    We've just gone to New World's product, and another nearby agency uses it, too. I'm not in patrol, so I don't use the CAD much, though we're doing all our reports in their Field Reporting module. I don't think it's bad, from what I've seen. It's been reasonably user friendly -- but I have heard that there's some frustration with getting the laptops to communicate.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    We've just gone to New World's product, and another nearby agency uses it, too. I'm not in patrol, so I don't use the CAD much, though we're doing all our reports in their Field Reporting module. I don't think it's bad, from what I've seen. It's been reasonably user friendly -- but I have heard that there's some frustration with getting the laptops to communicate.
    thanks for the reply Jks, its good to get a lot of different perspectives and such

Verified LEO
    Glad to help. Like I said, because of my current detached detective gig, I can't really speak to day to day functions. I've written several reports on it, but don't really use the CAD functions. At least their product seems to get up and running without extensive headaches... Just getting used to their data needs, and things like that. Shoot me a PM, if you want, and all go into more detail.

Like I said -- it's not bad. Doesn't mean it's great.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    New World and Aegis software packages are CRAPTACULAR software pieces. Balky, acting like Beta software at every chance, deamnding as to the volume of data officers must enter (such as, enter the car and subject before you write the report, otherwise it gets all pissy and throws a tantram).

There are better packages out there.

Verified LEO
    I've seen a couple of 'em.

None of them have struck me as really great. If it's good in one area, it sucks in another. If it's fast -- it doesn't get much info. If it's slow, there's too much and officers (especially patrol officers!) won't fill out most of it.

I'm not allowed to talk about one product we were using for a while, as a result of the way we stopped using it.

Developing an effective CAD/RMS/MDT system is a big bill. The best we can really hope for as a profession is that we get something reasonably customizable and tweakable to our own agency and needs from a vendor's project -- and a vendor that supports it's product well.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    thanks again everybody...i won't post why i'm asking in a public forum, but your replies are very helpful. by all means, keep them coming!

Thread Information