Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    phoenix Guest
    Good Luck to you.

normanviking is offline Rookie
    Well I got the call from HR for CSP. Damn Pysch's shot me down. I can not believe it. Maybe they will let me in the July class. Well I have to go find a job now. Thanks for all the help on here. I will probably go take the test for Denver police.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Sorry for the let down, but don't give up. Keep trying and you may one day achieve your goal. Not every dept is as strict as others and you will probably find one that will suit you. Keep us informed and keep stopping in, if nothing else we are pretty good moral support here. As said before, thank you for your service to our country, your efforts are appreciated by all of us.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Sorry to hear about that.

Keep trying, and make use of the VA benefits or whatever other treatment they provide. I'd also find out exactly what the diagnosis was. Sometimes, we hear "PTSD" when the actual diagnosis read something like "PTSD elements" or "PTSD symptoms", and that may change how you can respond to those sorts of questions. One thing... DON'T try to hide it or lie about it. You'd hate to get hired, only to be dismissed because of dishonest, or be effectively blackballed because of dishonesty -- and recruiting officers do talk to each other.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    Hang in there and keep applying. From what I have learned about the psych tests here in Colorado there is not much difference from one side of the state to the other. The difference is in the Doctors administering and interpreting the test. Most of all when taking the test, don't omit anything, maintain your integrity.

I have a coworker that developed PTSD after a major incident. He went through some specialized treatment He missed very little work(2 weeks) and is now back on the job.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

I got the ok from the VA when they wanted me to jump through hoops for them. The VA said it is not PTSD, she called it something else. But the the pysch docs here are just reading all the worst case stuff in my records and not reading it right. I have not been in uniform since may and they say that i was treated in July. That is when I got out and the VA evaluated my records, not me. The head shrink said he would talk to hear again when she gets back. The class starts on the 7th, I really hope I can get them to help me out. I know my VA beneifits will go down now. I am probably more stable then most of the guys here. I was a Ranger for the first two years I was in and I have done a lot in those two years. The last five years I was in the Army I did not see any combat. I had some flashbacks during that time and every once in awhile now. So when i was getting out for my back surgery I had to fill out some paperwork and chedked some of the boxes that said "have you had this happene to you" that were PTSD related. So they sent me to see a Shrink and Now they have labeled me with PTSD and that is all the shrinks are seeing here on the paperwok. I gave them everything they wanted and now they are shoting me down. I will fight it, but have bad feelings. I am not giving up.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    The VA said it is not PTSD, she called it something else.
    Find out exactly what you were diagnosed with; you don't have to post it here. When you hit the psych questions, THAT is what you were diagnosed with, not PTSD, not "left handed psychosomatic glove paralysis", not depression.

I would also suggest trying to find out exactly what it was that they psych eval found that ruled you out. Many cops have at least potential PTSD-exposure. (Probably most of us!) I have to wonder if there wasn't something else involved...

And, remember, "crazy as a loon" to one psychologist is "normal" to another...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

I found out what VA called it. Adjustment disorder. I am going to call them again today and she if she is off of here vaction yet. I hope I am not trying to appeal to deaf ears. This whole thing has me stressed. I could not even enjoy my vaction to Germany over Christmas. Assholes !! lol I love that she told me not to worry about when I told her I was going to Germany, like I was in. Thanks

Well I was just pretty much told after a 15 minute phone call that I am to screwed up to get. The head shrink will not sign off. COCK. Thanks for all the help here. I could not even get an answer when he would. He made it sound like five years. Well thanks again, time to go look for a job.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    There are so many out there that can tell you of multiple DQ's, and they got in with a department that was the right fit for them.

Every agency has their own yardstick, as does every therapist.

Try to find a new treating physician/therapist. Someone that can see you with fresh eyes. Stay on track with your recovery, and don't give up on yourself.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Thanks for the confidence. I applied with Denver Police when I felt the CSP thing had fallen through. Thanks for the booster. I will not give up on this. I still think I will make a good LEO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information