Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gustin is offline Rookie

Questions from a student

Hello everyone,
    I am new to your community and I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading the forums so far.

I am currently a student and finishing up a counseling course I had to take before they would give me my AA and let me transfer and one of the assignments was to go online (or email/call/etc) and ask a some questions of someone in the field you plan to work. I am hoping that someone here will be willing to bear with me and answer the questions as it is a lot of stuff to write while on the phone.

Date

Name of person interviewed

Type of Occupation

Level of Education

1. Explain how you found your current job?

2. What made you decide to enter into this career?

3. What kind of special training does one need to have, in order to have a job like yours?

4. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of entering your profession?

5. What do you see as the job outlook for your profession?

6. What aspects of your occupation most appeal to you?

7. What would you change about your job if you could?

8. Are the skills of the job performed with people, data, or things?

9. What are the physical and psychological demands?

10. What types of organizations or industries employ people in this occupation?

11. What are the working conditions?

12. What are your personal interests? Does your occupation help you satisfy them?

13. What are the salary range and benefits (insurance, vacation, and fringe benefits) that you can expect?

14. What are the personal benefits of your occupation?

15. What did you have to give up in order to pursue your occupation? Was it worth it? Why?

16. What kind of lifestyle does your occupation allow you?

17. What's the most amusing or embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you on the job?

18. What has been the biggest hurdle you've faced on the job, and how did you overcome it?

19. What opportunities does your job offer for advancement?

20. Why do people leave your occupation?

21. What advice would you give to someone who wants an occupation like yours?

22. What are some other occupations/careers that you can enter with your degree?

23. How is your degree related to your current occupation/career? Could you work in your career without your degree?

24. How many years have you been in the workforce? __________years
    Since entering the workforce, list the careers that you had.

25. What type of pressure does the career/job put on your personal/family life?

Thank you in advance for any help you may give.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    So what are you wanting? Are you wanting us to answer these questions?
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    I am confused??? Why are you asking these questions?? Are you trying to gather counter-intelligence on the poooleeece???
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Damn this test is hard. Hey, someone give me the answers.

"Stupid should hurt."

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    It is doubtful that you will get the answers to the questions you are seeking. Especially within this forum. Most LEO's do not like to participate in open questions that are too personally revealing. Good luck in your quest.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Paranoid am I
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Perhaps is time to just post fun answers?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have never been asked these type of questions by survey until I started carrying a gun for a living. Not being an ass, but I don't even answer these questions for people in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustin View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to your community and I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading the forums so far. Really.....read a lot of the threads since yesterday have ya?

I am currently a student and finishing up a counseling course I had to take before they would give me my AA and let me transfer and one of the assignments was to go online (or email/call/etc) and ask a some questions of someone in the field you plan to work. I am hoping that someone here will be willing to bear with me and answer the questions as it is a lot of stuff to write while on the phone. So you want me to do your work for you. If this is the line of work you are looking into any FTO is going to love you.

Date

Name of person interviewed

Type of Occupation

Level of Education

1. Explain how you found your current job? It found me

2. What made you decide to enter into this career? The way it positively portrayed in the media.

3. What kind of special training does one need to have, in order to have a job like yours? Boot shining classes, special training on looking good in shades, and Gestapo marching lessons

4. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of entering your profession? See answer #3

5. What do you see as the job outlook for your profession? Maybe a future career in counseling, parenting, or animal control...wait I already do that.

6. What aspects of your occupation most appeal to you? Instantly solving problems that have developed over years and generations.

7. What would you change about your job if you could? The ability to sterilize the stupid and execute those that have been released from work release more than 3 times.

8. Are the skills of the job performed with people, data, or things? Skillz whatchu know about skillz?

9. What are the physical and psychological demands? Gotta run, gotta work out. Then you have to put up with people that know how to do your job better than you. This includes those that have not held down a job for more than two weeks their entire life.

10. What types of organizations or industries employ people in this occupation? Those that don't wish to be robbed, support the illegal drug trade....in short those that don't think the movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was a good way to run a society.

11. What are the working conditions? The same as the daily forecast.

12. What are your personal interests? Does your occupation help you satisfy them? Those that know how to do my job better than me say I can't take the job personally. However, when I don't take it personally they say I am too much of a robot.

13. What are the salary range and benefits (insurance, vacation, and fringe benefits) that you can expect? Pay me for taking this survey and buy lunch and we will discuss this further.

14. What are the personal benefits of your occupation? See answer #12

15. What did you have to give up in order to pursue your occupation? Was it worth it? Why? Economics proposes that a rational actor does not let sunk costs influence one's decisions, because doing so would not be assessing a decision exclusively on its own merits.

16. What kind of lifestyle does your occupation allow you? I'm balln' yo

17. What's the most amusing or embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you on the job? The publisher I am using will not let me release the contents of my memoirs prior to the release date.

18. What has been the biggest hurdle you've faced on the job, and how did you overcome it? Overcoming stupid is an ongoing fight with no end in sight.

19. What opportunities does your job offer for advancement? If I could learn to lie and smile at the same time I might have a future in Congress.

20. Why do people leave your occupation? See answer #18

21. What advice would you give to someone who wants an occupation like yours? See answer #18

22. What are some other occupations/careers that you can enter with your degree? Hey the Marines are always hiring.

23. How is your degree related to your current occupation/career? Could you work in your career without your degree? I haven't even taken the degree out of the nice case that it came in so yeah I could do without it.

24. How many years have you been in the workforce? __________years
    Since entering the workforce, list the careers that you had.
    Can't you just call the IRS and ask them? Oh yeah, too much stuff to write down on the phone I forgot.

25. What type of pressure does the career/job put on your personal/family life?No pressure at all.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give.
    Smilin' back at ya.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Thanks, five-o. That pretty much sums it up for me.

Anything else you need, Gustin?
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Gustin: Betcha didn't know that cops are such smart asses didja?

Well, we come by it honestly. There isn't a person on this forum that couldn't be doing something else and making more money and taking a whole lot less shit if they wanted to. You can ask those stupid questions of just about any careeer choice except this one. This one is in the blood and, as they say, if you understand, you don't have to ask.....if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Lotsa love from the troops....
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Gustin,
    I will give you the answers after you mail me 19.95 for my time
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    Gustin,
    I'll give you the real goods for $19 even. Oh yeah, we're cheap too.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    Gustin,

I rest my case about smart ass cops!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Verified LEO
    Speak for your selves. I charge $50 an hour. This survey, due to proper research needing to be done, will take approximately three hours. There will also be a $25 processing fee and a $10 application fee and a $15 licensing fee.

Are you crying from frustration yet? Just wait. The good answers are coming.

Verified LEO
    I just love it when the inmates run the asylum!

Gustin is offline Rookie
    lol thanks Five-0.
    $19.95, make it $14.95 and you've got a deal! Anyways, thanks for all the smart ass remarks, I know the questions were stupid Car 4, but it's the questions they make us ask, and I tried contacting the department directly and it's taken them forever to get back. It is also difficult to ask so many questions over the phone on top of them not wanting to. The only one it was easy with was the fire fighters, hehe just walk over and ask them and they are happy to fill it out. :P

Anyways, have a great day everyone!

Gustin is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Speak for your selves. I charge $50 an hour. This survey, due to proper research needing to be done, will take approximately three hours. There will also be a $25 processing fee and a $10 application fee and a $15 licensing fee.

Are you crying from frustration yet? Just wait. The good answers are coming.
    For that price it better come hand written, laminated, and with free shipping!

Verified LEO
    For that price it better come hand written, laminated, and with free shipping!

Of course. What do you think I am? Trying to cheat you or something?

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    lol thanks Five-0.
    $19.95, make it $14.95 and you've got a deal! Anyways, thanks for all the smart ass remarks, I know the questions were stupid Car 4, but it's the questions they make us ask, and I tried contacting the department directly and it's taken them forever to get back. It is also difficult to ask so many questions over the phone on top of them not wanting to. The only one it was easy with was the fire fighters, hehe just walk over and ask them and they are happy to fill it out. :P

Anyways, have a great day everyone!
    Here's an idea.

Don't wait till the end of the course to do the assignment I bet they gave you several weeks ago.

Here's another idea...

Next time, go to the police department during normal business hours. Ask to speak to the Public Information Officer, or the Recruiting Officer. If he's not available, ask the supervisor or desk officer if there's someone who wouldn't mind answering your questions, or if you can make an appointment to talk with someone. Most squads have someone who's generally willing to answer these sorts of questions, and most of the time, the supervisor'll have an idea who it is. If they don't have time to talk, they might agree to do it by email...

'Cause, you know, I bet that asking on forum wasn't what the teacher really wanted out of this assignment.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Here's an idea.

Don't wait till the end of the course to do the assignment I bet they gave you several weeks ago.

Here's another idea...

Next time, go to the police department during normal business hours. Ask to speak to the Public Information Officer, or the Recruiting Officer. If he's not available, ask the supervisor or desk officer if there's someone who wouldn't mind answering your questions, or if you can make an appointment to talk with someone. Most squads have someone who's generally willing to answer these sorts of questions, and most of the time, the supervisor'll have an idea who it is. If they don't have time to talk, they might agree to do it by email...

'Cause, you know, I bet that asking on forum wasn't what the teacher really wanted out of this assignment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information