Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Is Political Correctness Hurting Law Enforcement?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 98.21%
  • No

    1 1.79%
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Is political correctness hurting law enforcement?

    Is political correctness hurting law enforcement?

  2. #2
    Pedro56's Avatar
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-18-06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,107
    Rep Power
    3876354
    It isn't hurting it, it is killing it. Our wonderful new Fed Superintendent says that he is going to initiate a pilot program to have "Reverends" come speak to us at our roll calls as to figure out what we need to do to bridge the gap in the community. Now I know my parish priest will not be invited to these little sing alongs around the camp fire. I have a list of things that I will tell the "Reverend" when I get to see him and it will go like this.

    Begin Rant:

    Tell your congregation these simple things and we can solve our problems. Get insurance, get real plates, get valid plates, make sure that all the proper equipment is working, and I will stop harassing you. Then you can stop selling dope, stop carrying guns when you aren't supposed to, turn your music down, stop drinking all together, get married, have one father for your kids, have only the amount of kids you can afford, stop running from me, stop beating your wife/kids, stop smoking weed, stop drinking or at least hide it from me when you drive past, get a job, get off Social Security, quit scamming the welfare system, stop having a wad of cash wrapped around your welfare card, stop littering, pay your bills, stop motherf-ing me when I talk to you (even on good terms), stop walking down the street at 3am with one kid in a stroller and 4 others under the age of 5 in tow, stop killing each other, slow down, by household items instead of rims, quit raping/robbing/and pillaging, and stop calling your convicted felon ass a reverend."

    I think that ends it in a nutshell.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

    "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

    "An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

    Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

    A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

    God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

  3. #3
    sgtbear111's Avatar
    sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-23-07
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    1013301
    PC changes definitions towards a leftist point of view.
    PC changes history to suit political goals of the left.
    PC is intolerant with dissent.
    PC is against free speech.
    PC is group-speak.

    PC is enabled through public employee union leadership, academia, the media, and the ACLU.

    PC is the Party Line, where only one Party exists.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

    Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

    The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

  4. #4
    gozling's Avatar
    gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Join Date
    06-28-06
    Location
    O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    610544
    The PC at work was retarded....


    There is a wall of shame that GIU upstairs has and they post reports on it by rookies who have horrid spelling errors or reports that are just so bad they need to be laughed at.
    So one day while I was working the desk, one of the GIU people came down to fill out an inventory slip on something being impounded. Later when I went to logg it in I noticed what she wrote.
    1 scriptde driver (supposed to be screwdriver)
    1 thing that skruws stuff (supposed to be a drill)
    4 sharp metle spirl spikes ( supposed to be drill bits)

    so I take the paper work, photo copy it and then in red ink circle all the mistakes and put "HAHAHHA" and "WTF???" I go upstairs and I posted it on THEIR wall of shame along with the GIU detectives desk.

    She found it funny and told me so... (she is russian so her english sucks but she has a friggin dictionary she carries with her... and I was on the desk so she could have asked).

    I got called into the First LT's office the next day and she proceeded to tell me how offensive my post on the wall was. WTF was not appropriate and so i got a ROC !!! I got written up for something that everyone in GIU found hillarious because we finally got one on them- yet they post horrid comments about our trainees all the time???
    So I gathered a few of the other things posted later that week and sent them to the LT and asked her why these were not offensive??
    (most were sexually suggestive)
    I will never understand PC. The job is hard enough having to catagorize your feelings already to the job and to then going home....
    The stress is overwhelming and the pressure is rediculous....
    At least give us our own space to vent, be funny, and fuck off.
    If someone doesnt like it... they need to leave the room - it is their option... or not read something for crying out loud.

    I did tell a few female officers at the station many times to lighten up and knock it off, because they had no idea as rookies telling an older officer that something offended them... and when they would interject with "but".... I would flat out tell them that this job isnt for them if they continue to voice their ''feelings". Maybe I was too mean... I dont know...

    I do understand there are lines like true sexual harrassment and such but really-- all i saw at the station was banter back and forth and some really funny, sick, humored conversations about incidents of the day... its how we went home sane!
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

    We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

    An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

    His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

  5. #5
    bird1's Avatar
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-17-06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,435
    Rep Power
    584861
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56 View Post
    Tell your congregation these simple things and we can solve our problems. Get insurance, get real plates, get valid plates, make sure that all the proper equipment is working, and I will stop harassing you. Then you can stop selling dope, stop carrying guns when you aren't supposed to, turn your music down, stop drinking all together, get married, have one father for your kids, have only the amount of kids you can afford, stop running from me, stop beating your wife/kids, stop smoking weed, stop drinking or at least hide it from me when you drive past, get a job, get off Social Security, quit scamming the welfare system, stop having a wad of cash wrapped around your welfare card, stop littering, pay your bills, stop motherf-ing me when I talk to you (even on good terms), stop walking down the street at 3am with one kid in a stroller and 4 others under the age of 5 in tow, stop killing each other, slow down, by household items instead of rims, quit raping/robbing/and pillaging, and stop calling your convicted felon ass a reverend."

    I think that ends it in a nutshell.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

    Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004




    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

  6. #6
    HudsonHawk's Avatar
    HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    01-17-06
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,537
    Rep Power
    1710442
    Pedro, we already have a similar program in NYC.

    A local reverend spoke to my squad and told us that the community would like us better if we weren't harassing them with tickets. He also asked us to stop arresting the crips because most of them are misunderstood youth. If we stop arresting them and try to befriend them, they will see the error of their ways and stop shooting each other.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

  7. #7
    aviator090's Avatar
    aviator090 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    03-01-08
    Location
    "port city" area NC
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking wow

    Thats a first, a 100% poll... Don't think i've seen that one in awhile! lol

  8. #8
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    I think Pedro's post is rant worthy on the the home page. Wow!!!

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  9. #9
    Pudge's Avatar
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,320
    Rep Power
    8591418
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I think Pedro's post is rant worthy on the the home page. Wow!!!

    +1 !!

    Yes, it absolutely kills the job.

    Sometimes, no matter race, color, creed, or financial worth, an asshole just needs to be called an asshole. Plain and simple.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

    Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

    www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

    The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

  10. #10
    gopherpuckfan's Avatar
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-02-07
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    2,747
    Rep Power
    1717608
    25 yes votes so far and 0 no.

    Jenna must not have voted yet
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

  11. #11
    ex401mp's Avatar
    ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-04-07
    Location
    Sw Florida
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    645328
    Maybe they want me to hurt their head when I pound some sense in it instead of hurting their feelings. Thats politically correct to me.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

    si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

    RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

  12. #12
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    We have our first no vote. Not surprisingly it's not an LEO, but somewhat suprising...it's the wife of an LEO.

  13. #13
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,390
    Rep Power
    4817860
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    25 yes votes so far and 0 no.

    Jenna must not have voted yet
    Actually I voted yes. I hate political correctness. It doesn't really promote equality and social justice, but rather distracts from them by focusing on unimportant words rather than important actions and policies. Making people watch what they say just exacerbates their stereotype of leftists as humorless, annoying, and nitpicky, and thus detracts from efforts at coalition-building. Despite my leftist views, I've also been criticized for making jokes and remarks that were deemed politically incorrect by the "more leftist than thou".

  14. #14
    kilrain's Avatar
    kilrain is offline Reasonable Man
    Join Date
    06-05-07
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56 View Post
    It isn't hurting it, it is killing it. Our wonderful new Fed Superintendent says that he is going to initiate a pilot program to have "Reverends" come speak to us at our roll calls as to figure out what we need to do to bridge the gap in the community. Now I know my parish priest will not be invited to these little sing alongs around the camp fire. I have a list of things that I will tell the "Reverend" when I get to see him and it will go like this.

    Begin Rant:

    Tell your congregation these simple things and we can solve our problems. Get insurance, get real plates, get valid plates, make sure that all the proper equipment is working, and I will stop harassing you. Then you can stop selling dope, stop carrying guns when you aren't supposed to, turn your music down, stop drinking all together, get married, have one father for your kids, have only the amount of kids you can afford, stop running from me, stop beating your wife/kids, stop smoking weed, stop drinking or at least hide it from me when you drive past, get a job, get off Social Security, quit scamming the welfare system, stop having a wad of cash wrapped around your welfare card, stop littering, pay your bills, stop motherf-ing me when I talk to you (even on good terms), stop walking down the street at 3am with one kid in a stroller and 4 others under the age of 5 in tow, stop killing each other, slow down, by household items instead of rims, quit raping/robbing/and pillaging, and stop calling your convicted felon ass a reverend."

    I think that ends it in a nutshell.
    More honest and truthful words have never been uttered.

    Pedro56, do you mind if I copy that entire post and forward it to a few friends? I will, of course, change the names to protect the innocent..............
    Vir rationem suorum gestorum libenter reddit,
    sive iustorum sive iniustorum.
    Eventus horum non detrectat,
    sed cum his cotidie vivit.

  15. #15
    Pedro56's Avatar
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-18-06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,107
    Rep Power
    3876354
    Quote Originally Posted by kilrain View Post
    More honest and truthful words have never been uttered.

    Pedro56, do you mind if I copy that entire post and forward it to a few friends? I will, of course, change the names to protect the innocent..............
    Go ahead.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

    "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

    "An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

    Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

    A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

    God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

  16. #16
    TXPO710's Avatar
    TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    10-03-06
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    390
    Rep Power
    197841
    Well, I really wanted to say something, but Pedro you said it all. rep inbound.

  17. #17
    keith720's Avatar
    keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    01-06-06
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,365
    Rep Power
    5488746
    #2
    03-08-08, 06:50 AM
    Pedro56
    Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Fridge Word Champion! Word Descrambler Champion!

    Supporting Member LVL 3
    Verified LEO
    Join Date: 05-18-06
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 1,941
    Status: Offline
    Rep Power: 1930421



    It isn't hurting it, it is killing it. Our wonderful new Fed Superintendent says that he is going to initiate a pilot program to have "Reverends" come speak to us at our roll calls as to figure out what we need to do to bridge the gap in the community. Now I know my parish priest will not be invited to these little sing alongs around the camp fire. I have a list of things that I will tell the "Reverend" when I get to see him and it will go like this.

    Begin Rant:

    Tell your congregation these simple things and we can solve our problems. Get insurance, get real plates, get valid plates, make sure that all the proper equipment is working, and I will stop harassing you. Then you can stop selling dope, stop carrying guns when you aren't supposed to, turn your music down, stop drinking all together, get married, have one father for your kids, have only the amount of kids you can afford, stop running from me, stop beating your wife/kids, stop smoking weed, stop drinking or at least hide it from me when you drive past, get a job, get off Social Security, quit scamming the welfare system, stop having a wad of cash wrapped around your welfare card, stop littering, pay your bills, stop motherf-ing me when I talk to you (even on good terms), stop walking down the street at 3am with one kid in a stroller and 4 others under the age of 5 in tow, stop killing each other, slow down, by household items instead of rims, quit raping/robbing/and pillaging, and stop calling your convicted felon ass a reverend."

    I think that ends it in a nutshell.


    AMEN!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

    Winston Churchill

  18. #18
    MonsterMash's Avatar
    MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Join Date
    05-04-06
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    3454276
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    Sometimes, no matter race, color, creed, or financial worth, an asshole just needs to be called an asshole. Plain and simple.

    This is deserving of some rep as well. You hit the nail on the head.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

  19. #19
    Coloradocop's Avatar
    Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    08-16-06
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    282670
    Pedro and Pudge,

    You guys said this all perfectly!

    I'm nearly without words, which is rare for me. You said it all.

  20. #20
    snuffy2202's Avatar
    snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-16-06
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    422663
    Thanks, Pedro. I will copy it and send it to my friends in my former dept. My new dept. pretty much says KMA to this political correctness. My old dept. eats it up. Can you guess the demographics?

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •