Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Spiderman2000 is offline Junior Member

Whats the best way to become a cop?

Hi. I was wondering what's the best way to become a cop? I think I would really like to do that job and I am starting Criminal Justice classes next semester. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    Stay out of trouble, Study hard in school, and phyisically prepare yourself. If you do that, you shouldn't have any problems.

Signal_W Guest
    There is no one way to become a LEO. College is excellent

I would suggest that while your in college stay out of trouble and dont do any hard drugs, these are automatic disqualifiers

Thanks for replying. I figured college would be a good choice. I'm attempting to join my local explorer post and I think that should really get me in the right direction. Thanks lesta311. I am trying to work out everyday and get in better shape. Don't worry Signal W, I'm staying away from hard drugs.

Your welcome. You may want to stay away from ALL drugs, not just hard ones. Drug use, even from a long time ago, can be a disqualifier.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Associate with good people. Don't do anything stupid. Stay away from drugs and runs in with Law Enforcement. Establish a good work history, even if it's just part time jobs. Study, and do well in college. But also remember to have fun in college as well.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Actually stay away from a CJ degree. Reason being is lets say after school you do get hired on at a PD or SO. Your there for a year or two and find out the job is not for you. A CJ degree will not give you anything to really fall back on. Get a degree in something else that you enjoy.

Also stay away from drugs and doing anything that is illegal. I understand speeding and such, hell everyone does that for the most part. But other than traffic issues if you have to ask yourself will this end my chances of becoming a police officer, the answer is yes.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    One important question....what state are you in??

If your in MN, you have to have a degree in Law Enforcement, or Criminal Justice.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

I'm in Georgia. I'm considering applying out of state. I'm trying for Massachusets and New York State. I think the Police up north are much more proffessional then the ones in the south and mid west.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman2000
    I'm in Georgia. I'm considering applying out of state. I'm trying for Massachusets and New York State. I think the Police up north are much more proffessional then the ones in the south and mid west.

Why would you say that?

[QUOTE]I think the Police up north are much more proffessional then the ones in the south and mid west.[QUOTE]

What the hell does that mean?

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    [QUOTE=lesta311][QUOTE]I think the Police up north are much more proffessional then the ones in the south and mid west.

What the hell does that mean?

I don't think we are going to get an answer. Just a bunch of BS. I don't understand how someone could say that and honestly believe it.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Wow....
    That was a dumb thing to say.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

The Punisher is offline Between Heaven and Hell
    More professional than South? How far? Mexico????
    Tell them I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...LESE/good2.jpg

SupremeSEO is offline Junior Member
    I'm not a cop, but I work in the security field. A lot of the SEOs that work for me eventually get hired on by police and sheriff departments. Security isn't a magic ticket into law enforcement, but it can teach you some skills that can help you out if that is where you want to be, and if you do a good job while working in this field.

Ken K is offline Banned
    I think I'm offended by that professionalism remark. Yeah, I know I am.

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken K
    I think I'm offended by that professionalism remark. Yeah, I know I am.

Your offended?

I'm from the South!!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Me too

Star is offline Banned
    Hi. I was wondering what's the best way to become a cop? I think I would really like to do that job and I am starting Criminal Justice classes next semester. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    Come work for me! We could always use another good deputy (if you don't mind working under the Queen Dragon herself ). Just be sure to bring a pair of plastic gloves and plenty of trash bags!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    Come work for me! We could always use another good deputy (if you don't mind working under the Queen Dragon herself ). Just be sure to bring a pair of plastic gloves and plenty of trash bags!
    I think you've made one too many trips to this place, today:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information