Welcome to the APBWeb.
    flyer2007 is offline Rookie

Phoenix bound....

Heading to Phoenix today to complete testing for two departments over the next 12 days. Hoping all goes well!

I will say that I felt like such a "criminal" after completing all the background paperwork, but everything was answered honestly! Actually, nothing too major in my background, but seems like I was checking the "Yes" box quite a bit and having to explain myself. If there was any doubt at all, I checked "yes" to the questions.

Anyone else feel like this when completing background paperwork?? I at least meet all of the minimum requirements and am hoping I have a few good things going for me as well.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer2007 View Post

I will say that I felt like such a "criminal" after completing all the background paperwork, but everything was answered honestly!

Anyone else feel like this when completing background paperwork??
    Yes. Law enforcement backgrounds are invading and personal. That feeling is normal for even the most upstanding citizen.

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Good Luck and yes background checks cover everything.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Background checks make the decent feel like they are being anally probed.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    That is about a serious understatement. I maintained a top secret clearance for most of my time in the Army and I still felt like a crook when I was done with all the paperwork and interviews after I got out.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Good luck to you Flyer,........I grew up in Phoenix and I have thought about lateral transferring back to the area. There are many departments to choose from that is for sure.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

flyer2007 is offline Rookie

Back from Phoenix....

Was able to complete the majority of the process for one department and got started on the other. Two writtens, two physical agility tests, an oral board, background interview, and poly in just a few days.

For the department where I completed most of the process......whew, tiring over 4 days! I laid everything out there, so we'll see if they are interested and want to start my background investigation. The background interview and poly seemed like they took forever! And I felt "sore" after both of those, completely probed from all directions, ha.

Well, time to wait.....

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Background checks make the decent feel like they are being anally probed.
    LOL,No lie - I submitted my personal history a week ago.

My statement is incomplete because half the companies I used to work for are out of business now, I've lost track of my co-workers, and only had 10 days to complete it. There's a lot of approximated dates with squiggly lines and unknown names and salaries - I'm not sure what's gonna happen with all that.

Thank goodness I only had to go back 15 years, and not back to 1974, but they asked about tickets back to when I started driving around 1970. I couldn't even remember what town I got some of them in - I could only remember 6 tickets, which I think's right, but who the hell really remembers all that stuff for 36 years?

If they polygraph me about the correctness of half of that stuff, the answer to that question isn't gonna look good either - "How the Hell am I supposed to remember all that shit?" comes to mind, but probably wouldn't help my chances to say that, so I guess I'll be saying "I don't recall" a lot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

compscotty is offline Rookie
    Just about every agency in AZ is hiring like crazy, even the fire depts.

besafe2 is offline Rookie
    TXcharlie:
    Man I'm so with you on what you said. I'm hoping to "retire" if you can call it that from my current position which I've held 23 years. Will need to find something else & am probably going to put in for a civilian position in CMPD as I have a few friends who will help me out. But I have the same problems much of the stuff is like no way can I remember exactly & companies out of business.
    Anyone got sugguestions ? I would also appericate.
    Please stay safe in all you do, also know I pray for each of you daily. Thank you for all you do. On Twitter at
    www.twitter.com/coachrowsey

Paul

Thread Information