Welcome to the APBWeb.
    The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff

Looking for grant info on Gang Task force

Does anyone have any info on grants that can be requested to create or augment Gang Task Forces.

I would like to research, and create a plausible plan to present to the Command Group.

Thanks

Steve

ETA: I am awaiting my verification message, to be a vetted LEO, so if anyone would like to wait until then, please PM me and let me know you'll pass the info along once I am verified. Thank you for your assistance.
    S

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by The91Bravo View Post
    Does anyone have any info on grants that can be requested to create or augment Gang Task Forces.

I would like to research, and create a plausible plan to present to the Command Group.

Thanks

Steve

ETA: I am awaiting my verification message, to be a vetted LEO, so if anyone would like to wait until then, please PM me and let me know you'll pass the info along once I am verified. Thank you for your assistance.
    S
    Once you're verified -- why don't you repost in the Verified Section? It's not that there's secret squirrel stuff about getting grants -- it's that I don't want to advertise too much in an open forum about where I work.

(But -- you might look into the Bureau for Justice Assistance. Just realize, there will be heavy statistical requirements.)
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Once you're verified -- why don't you repost in the Verified Section? It's not that there's secret squirrel stuff about getting grants -- it's that I don't want to advertise too much in an open forum about where I work.

(But -- you might look into the Bureau for Justice Assistance. Just realize, there will be heavy statistical requirements.)
    Thanks for the reply, and will do.

MODS PLEASE LOCK THREAD AT YOUR CONVENIENCE..
    Thanks
    Steve

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    No need to lock it.

If anyone does have something to share, they can feel free if they're comfortable doing so, and it doesn't compromise any secret squirrel LE stuff.

Otherwise, your verification is nearly completed.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    You can research Byrne Grants much info. But it is to late for this year. You can contact the Henry County Ga. PD as they have just received a grant just what you are looking for.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

thanks guys..

/thread hijack/
    Narco, you busy june 16-20?? Were doing a wild boar hunt in Screven County.

There will be Army SF guys, deputies, fed LEO, civilian contractor, and all kinds of folks coming

My brother (ex fed LEO) has a 13,000 square foot house down round there, so there is no lodging expense, no license expense, plenty of room, etc.

If you or any other LEO want to come, PM me and we can hook it up. we have about 12-15 coming right now, and it should be fun...

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by The91Bravo View Post
    thanks guys..

/thread hijack/
    Narco, you busy june 16-20?? Were doing a wild boar hunt in Screven County.

There will be Army SF guys, deputies, fed LEO, civilian contractor, and all kinds of folks coming

My brother (ex fed LEO) has a 13,000 square foot house down round there, so there is no lodging expense, no license expense, plenty of room, etc.

If you or any other LEO want to come, PM me and we can hook it up. we have about 12-15 coming right now, and it should be fun...
    Man that would be great but right now I have a two week maybe three week trial scheduled beginning that week. If things change as they might I'll give you a ring. I'd love to shoot a boarzilla.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

let me know..

Invite is still open to all other LEOs

Mon - Fri Jun 16-20
    Brooklet GA

Thread Information