Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

FOR OUR BRITISH COUSINS

Is the below thrue and any comments????

(Birmingham, England) This report is depressing. It appears that British police are allowing specific communities to be defined as "Muslim Only."

The following incident occurred in the Alum Rock area of Birmingham, a known incubator for terrorists.
    Two Christian preachers were stopped from handing out Bible extracts by police because they were in a Muslim area, it was claimed yesterday.

They say they were told by a Muslim police community support officer that they could not preach there and that attempting to convert Muslims to Christianity was a hate crime.

The community officer is also said to have told the two men: 'You have been warned. If you come back here and get beat up, well, you have been warned.'
    The preachers, Americans Arthur Cunningham and Joseph Abraham, said they would take the police force to court for violating their human rights. It's alleged that Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) Naeem Naguthney was aggressive and threatening. Two other officers joined in and one, a full constable, told the preachers to leave and don't come back.

West Midlands Police spokesman said that the officers acted with the best of intentions but they need instruction on what constitutes a hate crime.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It should be noted this was NOT a police officer involved but a community support officer.

This is kind of rubbish is what you get when you try to implement policing on the cheap.

The "full time" officer was probably just trying to resolve it by the easiest way having been called to assist the support officer. I would certainly not class the preacher's actions as a wise move in that area(A sad indictment of our times I know). It kind of reminds me of the film with Bruce Willis when he goes into a black area with the sandwich board on!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    On this side of the pond, "wise" is the same as it is everywhere, but any police employee who tried to enforce "wise" would be overstepping his/her bounds.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information