Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RoJo is offline Warrior Class
    I've had the same two pair of Peerless stainless cuffs for 11 years. Never and problem. I do maintenance them two/three time a year.
    Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.

Omar Bradley

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    One pair Peerless hinged
    One pair S & W hinged
    One pair ASP chained
    One pair S & W universal fit chained

I've actually just used WD-40 last year to clean em up, but I don't need a high polish, just the absence of rust.

Oh yeah, and +1 to using them to keep them from rusting.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    4 pairs of Peerless. Two each chain and hinged.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
    Sounds good... I'm thinking about trying to salvage them before I fork over the $80 bucks for two new sets of cuffs.
    let me find the ebay source I got my cuffs from. I got two sets of peerless laser etched with name and dept shipped for something like $56... not too bad

got them from 'cuffs4cops' but he has none available....

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
    Sounds good... I'm thinking about trying to salvage them before I fork over the $80 bucks for two new sets of cuffs.
    I have both S&W and Peerless, never had a problem with either.

By the way, where are you shopping $80 bucks for two sets of cuffs????? We sell them for a heck of a lot less then what you are paying. Depending on what you want, we average of 20-32 bucks a pair. http://www.baumshoe.com another shamless plug

I like the Peerless better than S&W but S&W are pretty damn good
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    I have nickel Peerless chain and link plus one set of S&W Blued chain cuffs from the M.P.'s I haven't had trouble with the blued Smith's as I seldom used them and we have low humidity.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post

By the way, where are you shopping $80 bucks for two sets of cuffs????? We sell them for a heck of a lot less then what you are paying. Depending on what you want, we average of 20-32 bucks a pair. http://www.baumshoe.com another shamless plug

Shameless maybe, but completely accurate!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

matt86 is offline Piggy
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post

Lol... nothing wrong with that. I'm gonna have to try baumshoe out next time I need to order something... Its hard to find a good Supply site where everything doesn't stay backordered for months

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    I havent read all the posts ,but I will say this,I have been using the same set of Smiths(chain) since 1976,they are older than most people they go on.I have NEVER had a rust problem,I have NEVER had a malfunction.I have NEVER,had someone(even tiny females) slip them,andI have NEVER,really maintained them,well there was that one time before I married Daps ,with the cooking oil and .......I digress,they are excellent,they have been run over,used as defense(and offense,once),they once hung in a closet with old web gear for over 10 years ,while I took a break.Think you get the picture.

gomets11 is offline mmmm Beer...
    Verified LEO
    I carry s&w model 700 chain cuffs...i don't have any issues with them rusting

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I carry two S@W chain cuffs............also an extra three sets in my unit, just in case...............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    I carry these... and they never rust ...

And if she is really bad, I break out old reliable from my trunk
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    I carry a pair of Peerless hinged (blue) and a pair of Peerless chain (stainless). I have another two sets of stainless Peerless chain in my bag along with a set of Peerless leg cuffs. I have a pair of Hiatt hinged cuffs floating around someway- haven't seen them in a while.
    I have a nice old set of stainless S&W chain. Thoses are actually the smoothest set I own. For some reason they ended up being the set I leave in my POV.

None of mine have rusted too badly. I oil them periodically and most of them function fairly smoothly, except for the pair I used to cuff a car. They got bent out of shape.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Right now nickel model 100 S&W but we're getting ASP cuffs issued soon.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I have the Peerless cuffs that my department issued me. I've always been too cheap to buy another set.

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Smith and Wesson chain cuffs x2

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    2x S&W M-100P chain cuffs and 2x Hiatts chain cuffs. No rust problems, but I'm in a pretty dry area...
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustoff262 View Post

Once, during roll call, we switched out a guy's S&W cuffs with a pair of fuzzy ones. We wanted to mess with him because he'd pass every tour trying to impress everyone with tales of his latest conquests. This guy almost never made a collar. Well lo' and behold some skell is drinking in public out of a paper bag, and as we pass makes an untimely 'bacon' comment. The cop says "You wanna crack jokes? I've got something right here for you" and promptly pulls out the fuzzy cuffs. Not the way we expected him to find the cuffs, but it worked out to be funnier than we planned.

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    I carry the standard Pearless...nothing special about them, but extremely reliable. I used to carry two sets of s&w, and I don't like the double locks, and one of the locks jams up on me on occasion, so i'm not to impressed with them.
    "That's how we roll"

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    OK.....here's the Monster method for cleaning cuffs.

1. Get a pot that your wife doesn't mind u screwing up. Place your cuffs in said pot, opened. Put several inches of water in said pot. Place on stove and bring water to a boil for about 10 minutes.

2. Take the cuffs out of the boiling water. Best way is to just run cold in it. Leave them open and place them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200-250 or so. Let the cuffs stay in till they are dry.

3. Once the cuffs are dry take them out and lay them, still opened, onto an old towel. Soak the shit out of them with Break Free. Even squirt some down into the innards and onto the arms and mechanisms. Let stand for several hours minimum. Wipe off the excess and you're good to go.

For chained I use Peerless and for my hinged I use S&W. The only cuffs I ever had a problem with was Hiatts.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information