Welcome to the APBWeb.
    n30
    n30 is offline A woman in man's job; but always a lady ;-)
    Verified LEO
    way out sw fl by the everglades. im over it

? 's about TERT CLASS

im leaving sunday for the TERT class in anniston, alabama... so you may not see me all week...
    im sure I'll be missed! (not! )
    1> what's weather like now?
    2> has anybody gone to that class?
    3> if so, what should i expect, except maybe my mom will be rich becuase I'll die w/ the live agent crap due to my mask not working
    4> is there any eye candy? Nevermind, i hear alot of nurses go, not doctors... ;-( which are predominately female........................ . wwwhhhhaaaaaaa!
    5> any info would be appreciated.
    6> ive already been warned pack my own wine bottles

thanx
    V

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll answer your ? with a ?....what's TERT?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

n30
    Verified LEO

oh boy...

ok silly me for assuming everyone would know. FREE TRAINING!!! by the feds...
    TERT: technical emergency response training
    sponsored by center for domestic preparedness in anniston, al
    help line 866-213-9553 direct # 1-866-213-9546 or 1-256-847-2082
    http://cdp.dhs.gov/
    anyone interested, email tom tidwell eastern regional coordinator
    tidwellT@cdpemail.dhs.gov
    basically a course that teaches you how to suit up properly in hazmat gear & you actually test it in a room w/ live agent= trust your equipment! obviously if you have a big bushy beard, the mask wont seal properly around your face... youre outta luck.

theres tons of different courses.. all free & pd by feds. they pay airfare, place to zonk, food, etc. alot of classes have to do w/ emergency med stuff.. but cpt said this was a cool class...
    and take advantage of it while its free!

theres a pandemic class (learning about bird flu crap & stuff) that i want to take, but the rest of the yr is booked. im waiting on next yrs schedule.

as soon as i get it, ill forward. in fact, ill go on work emaisl now & see if i can get list of classes for ya'll.
    V

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    N30, I live in outside of Anniston. I have not been to the TERT course, but have attended courses there including the HOT (Live Agent training) No need to worry, very professional and safety is top concern. I know the course manager for the TERT course so I can put in a good word for you and make sure they take extra special care of you. I work this weekend, but am off on Monday and Tuesday, give me a call, pm me for my cell number.

Dave
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have grandparents that live in Anniston. They seem to like it there. I didn't know about the free expense paid classes. I will have to hit up the Chief now.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

n30
    Verified LEO
    I'm baaaacccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkk!!!!!!!!!!1
    class was totally intense & awesome! putting the class aside, the weather was absolutely fantastic. mid-low 60's at night, so a very crisp clean morning every day... by afternoon, warm high 70's low 80's. lovin that for sure! as soon as i got off the plane I could feel humidity- uhg! im back home in fl. bleck. ;-(
    ok, back to class: i recommend it for all.... totally ok w/ your issued ppe gear after this class... exposed to (controlled amt) of nerve agent... also learn how to use airpack (like a ff; which i had never done b4) and learn how to triage, decon non ambulatory victims if need be. my brain was fried by the end of the week...
    bad side of it: no partying, or very little. if you go, youll fly on sundays, in AL, no beer wine sold at all, so bring your own. EVERYDAY you have to be up early early (at least for me it was!) by 430-5 at the latest, to dress, get to breakfast & get on bus so they take you to homeland security bldg about 10 minutes away. class starts right away, and usually lasted til @ least 5-530 every day. the only early day was thursday, the cobra alley day (thats what they call the hot rooms w/ the live agent scenarios), and we were at the bldg by 6am, and done @ 2. thats the only day you really have to enjoy a game of golf, get tipsy if you'd like... relax. but, gotta have your blood drawn @ 5am again b4 they let you leave to make sure your ok & didnt get exposed.
    they pay for flight, they bus u from atlanta to anniston, rooms are clean & roomy on base, and they feed you all week. only thing u pay for is suveniers & alcohol. Oh man, & let me tell you! drinks are cheap!!! even at the golf clubhouse.. i bought a round for at least 13-16 people... i had wine, 2 alcohol drinks & the rest were beer.. only cost me 36 bucks, including the tip!!! i couldnt believe it... wouldve been probabaly close to dbl, here @ home in fl... especially at a golf club house. (and they were bottles, not tap)
    i want to take the pandemic class next... also have a hazmat class , which one of the instructors said was really cool. ill try & put the first quarters schedule on the thread here... for those who havent looked it up w/ the info i had already provided b4 i left.

btw; they've been doing these classes FOR OVER 10 YEARS!!! I said why hasnt anybody heard of them? my cpt just found out the beginning of this year... they adv they are not allowed to advertise, it has to be word of mouth... so here i am! advertising!

i promise you'll have fun, at least in this class... called TERT: Technical Emergency Response Training...

missed ya'll!
    V

Thread Information