Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmoney3457 is offline Banned

Question what you guys think ?

just found this @ my local news station site.. just curious what you fellow LEO or retired.. or any1 thinks? heres the article...>http://www.wcsh6.com/search/article.asp?id=31539 portland,maine btw

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Don't know enough about the case to comment either way.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    +1

You can't ask other officers that have no idea of the entire situation to add what they think about something. We are put in situations everyday that require us to act now not later.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Since I'm not wearing a badge, my comment is - why head butt him when you could use the car?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terminator

+1

You can't ask other officers that have no idea of the entire situation to add what they think about something. We are put in situations everyday that require us to act now not later.
    term,chris i am sorry i upset you guys w/ that article.. i was just curious on what other LEO or any1 for that matter thought however my intention was never to upset or offend you plz 4give me n my ignorance sorry guys

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think that if anyone'd been truly upset, they'd have given you negative rep that you'd be feeling for weeks. As it, it just looks like there isn't enough info with which to form a solid opinion on. Plus, you have to remember that news agencies always package things to be dramatic, and generally that means it's biased in some way. Not exactly something you can form an opinion on.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TattoodDucky
    I think that if anyone'd been truly upset, they'd have given you negative rep that you'd be feeling for weeks. As it, it just looks like there isn't enough info with which to form a solid opinion on. Plus, you have to remember that news agencies always package things to be dramatic, and generally that means it's biased in some way. Not exactly something you can form an opinion on.
    yea which what really steams me on news agencies esp on subjects like police who risk there lives everyday 2 protect the general public

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney3457
    term,chris i am sorry i upset you guys w/ that article.. i was just curious on what other LEO or any1 for that matter thought however my intention was never to upset or offend you plz 4give me n my ignorance sorry guys
    We're not mad at all. We just don't want to jump to conclusions one way or another.

Keep in mind, these kind of topics spark heated debates. No need to do that, when we don't have all the facts first.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Back to the subject, anyone that head butts someone isn't using very good common sense to begin with. The last guy I saw head butt someone had 2 teeth stuck in his forehead and needed a few stitches to sew his head up!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    There must be more to this story... Somewhere between the time the homeless man walked in front of the cruiser and when the officer's head met up with the homeless guy's mouth, SOMETHING happened.

The stupid reporter coulda clued us in on whether something in the police report actually filled that little gap.

The man coulda been running at the officer as he got out of his car and got a busted lip trying to bite him on the head, for all we know.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-17-06 at 04:19 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    There must be more to this story... Somewhere between the time the homeless man walked in front of the cruiser and when the officer's head met up with the homeless guy's mouth, SOMETHING happened.

The stupid reporter coulda clued us in on whether something in the police report actually filled that little gap.

The man coulda been running at the officer as he got out of his car and got a busted lip trying to bite him on the head, for all we know.
    i totally agree char!

Thread Information