Killology...?

Has anyone seen this presentation?

Thoughts?

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Moved to more appropriate forum area.

Proceed.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Seen it. Loved it.

Strongly recommend it.

But only for LEO's. Or, maybe aspiring LEO's.

You kind of need some real world LEO experience to be able to understand what he's talking about.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Seen it, loved it, if you're an LEO - go see it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    But only for LEO's. Or, maybe aspiring LEO's.

You kind of need some real world LEO experience to be able to understand what he's talking about.
    Or military service.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Or military service.
    Yeah I should have caught that. Good call.

LEO or military
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

213th is offline Solipsist
    What is it? This is the first I've heard of it
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    What is it? This is the first I've heard of it

http://www.killology.com/
    I'm your huckleberry...

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I just bought his book "On Killing"

Skyy is offline Rookie
    I saw the presentation. It took about 8 hours to complete, and was worth every minute.

The entire presentation was absolutely marvelous. He was a great speaker (Despite the accent), and you could tell, really from the heart believed, and cared in what he taught. I firmly believe every LEO should see this presentation. It's even better if you an aspiring LEO, as there are a lot of areas about how to be a "man," and what makes a good cop. I came very close to crying a couple times, I'm not ashamed to admit it either.

After seeing it, it's hard to summarize what it's about really. You just have to be there. The first half was dedicated to school shootings, how they can be prevented, how the schools can minimalize their deadliness, how LE should respond, etc. He also went into the mindset of the perps. The latter part was focused to LE.

I'm not sure what else to say. But if you haven't seen it, by God you're missing out. I left a different person. Our Chief made us go, and I thanked him personally after the presentation. He gained a lot of respect from me that day. It truly shows what kind of Chief he's going to be, by the fact that he made us watch a presentation with the content it had. From what I can see so far, he's not a politician, he's a Policeman. And that's a big compliment in my book.

Just one of his Arkansas jokes: "It's important to be there when the baby's born. It's more important to be there when it's conceived."

Verified LEO
    On Combat is also a great book of his.

Hearmoretalkless is offline On the street and stirring up trouble...
    Verified LEO
    Just north of Seattle... on the Canadian side.
    I saw Bruce Siddle (also from the Warrior Science Group) one day and Grossman the next.

I will drive for hours to see him again.

He helped me to realize why carrying off duty is important, how a one-man response to an active shooter is better than waiting for a pod like we've been trained.

I cried during that day. Several times. I also steeled myself to the resolve that I may have to take a life to protect others. I always knew I might have to... but now I KNOW I can, and will if called upon to do so.

If he comes within 300mi of my city, I'll be there to see him again.
    Never forget Cst Brian King - RCMP
    See Brian's ODMP page HERE

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    Yeah it's pretty good stuff. I thought they spent a little too much time preaching to the choir and I can do without the political lecturing. I'm a cop. I'm a member of the NRA a veteran and I vote Republican. Of course I'm going to agree with the instructor's social outlook so lets get on with the training please.

I have to say that's one of the biggest annoyances I have found with many instructors who focus on law enforcement. They tend to fill with preaching. I suppose because if they didn't do that many of their classes would be a couple hours shorter (not alwasy of course) and they wouldn't earn as much. Those guys aren't cheap.

Okay sorry. If you get the chance attend the class just remember that Grossman dosen't have all the answers and much of his research has been done by others before him. He's just been very succsessful in getting out to the public. He isn't carrying the stone tablets.

hemicop is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Seen it twice! If I was a supervisor, EVERY officer under me would attend. But you do need some LE or military experince to appreciate what's being presented & how it may relate to you. I wish I had seen it before my first shooting incident--- he brought up things I wondered about aftewrwards and also helped resolve some issues that helped in future encounters. Now that I'm older & (I hope) a bit wiser I think every Academy class should be required to attend. I just can't praise Col Grossman enough.............

Delon is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I went to Grossman's "Bullet Proof Mind" like 4 days ago and it was great. So good I bought the CDs of it out of my own pocket to take back so the guys at the PD who didn't get to go can still listen to it.

The Lt. Col. is a very nice down to earth type guy, even signed my copy of On Combat which I got while down there.

I think " On Combat" should be required reading for everyone who straps on a gun to go to work, LEO or Military. I would also add "Gift of Fear" and "Terror at Belsan" to the LEO required reading list.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Jake he normally makes a couple trips up to our general area every year.

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Yea fantastic read for both. The books are better for Soldiers or Officers to read as it has to do with the taking of life for duty or country and the mental process involved.

Being a firearm trainer now for a few years has caused me a great deal of concern in regards to people's metallity about what it takes to survive a violent attack. New Soldiers and Officers should have this material as required reading and be tested on both books IMO.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

triggerpull is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Grossman is a true warrior in every sense of the word. I love the stories he tells in his presentations about taking his grandson for walks at a local park and how he always carries his pistol with him, just in case some a-hole tries something. He's become a great scholar as well, which has brought a lot of admired education on the topic. I'd highly recommend both of his books "On Combat" and "On Killing" as well as his presentations.

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    The Bulletproof Mind

https://www.gavindebecker.com/

$60 and very well worth it. You'd spend it taking the family to a movie, so check it out.
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

swatbwana is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Great program I wish we could send all cops through at that "5" year give or take plataeu where they either progress or regress as officers or decide they want to sell insurance instead.
    I disagree on some areas due to differing personal experiences but as a whole it is a well though out and applied program.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information