Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Verified LEO
    Glock is a good choice. I have carried one my whole career.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You've gotten good advice here. Don't ever shoot reloads through a factory Glock. Good explanation why already.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Have you been through the Concealed Carry course?

Interesting question, thanks for asking. I have attended Mas Ayoobs LFI 1 and 2, and I have taken GPSTCs* basic handgun 1 and 2.

I also carry a speedloader with five extra rounds and a Smith 442 in my back pocket.

Georgia Public Safety Training Center.

You want more of my bonafides, send me a PM.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    You want more of my bonafides, send me a PM.
    I've known Norm for years on Internet forums and I have no doubt he can inflict more damage with his five shot .357 wheel gun than a rookie cop with 46 rounds in a semi-auto.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I've known Norm for years on Internet forums and I have no doubt he can inflict more damage with his five shot .357 wheel gun than a rookie cop with 46 rounds in a semi-auto.

I have no problem sharing my background with any Verified. And thanks Xiphos.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Skyy is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    the 21 mag works just fine in my G30. The 21 magazine will not work in the 36 as that uses a single stack mag.
    Great, that's what I was wanting to know!

maclean, for each situation you find where 5 rounds was enough, I can find 10 where 5 wasn't. I understand your point that accuracy comes first, and you're correct. But the more rounds I have without needing to reload, the better. I've never been a shooting, and hopefully I never will be, but if I do, and I miss the first 5 rounds, or I have another target, or they don't immediately neutralize the threat, I would like to have the security of 8 more before reloading. You can't argue that 5 is better than 13, except for weight reasons. Especially when you're considering that I'm a new shooter, and not a firearms guru. That's one of the big advantages of the 9mm weapons.

Norm, I'm glad you've found what works better for you, and that is what I think you should carry. But for me, a higher capacity is an advantage without a disadvantage.

I hope 213 was joking. If he was, I'm sorry, I just get on the defensive easily because of the things I say.

I'm still unsure of what I want to do. I really need to get to an indoor range and try out a bunch, like rent them for 50 rounds or so. But the nearest place that does that is 2 hours away. But I really appreciate the educated experience and opinions.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
    maclean, for each situation you find where 5 rounds was enough, I can find 10 where 5 wasn't.
    You sir, just proved you were full of shit. Every instructor in here just cringed and crossed themselves, and there are a lot of us.

If you aren't willing to listen to the people you ask questions of, your career is going to be short and painful. There is a reason your reputation is in the red.

If you could find ten of ANY such situations, I'd eat my fucking red hat.

The average police - or civilian defensive for that matter - gunfight results in 3 rounds fired - according to the DOJ study at any rate.

You may have hit on one thing about higher capacity - less manipulation. At this point in your attempt at a career, manipulation is the least of your worries.

Until you can hit an eight inch circle on the draw in less than two seconds every time, I don't want to hear shit about manipulation or capacity.

Instructor, out.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Mac I'm on my way over, I'm buying you a beer.

I'm not even a firearms instructor, and I just slapped my forehead when I read that.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    First
    Maclean, I tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me.
    TXcharlie, It's not just reloads. I've seen blowouts on glock 22's with factory ammo.
    Second
    a full size single stack 1911 mag will fit in the smaller (officer) size 1911's, just don't "smack" them in. I carry a Warrior duty and the CQB as a backup.
    Third
    a pistol is a defensive weapon, rifles are for when the SHTF. "If I know I'm going to a gun fight, I'm takeing a rifle." Clint Smith
    Fourth
    Every miss has a lawsuite attached to it. LEARN TO HIT!!!!
    and last of all
    Find what works for you. I personlly can't hit to my standards with a Glock (see fourth above) What good is it if it fires every time but you can't hit with it?

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPO710 View Post
    First
    TXcharlie, It's not just reloads. I've seen blowouts on glock 22's with factory ammo.
    Yeah, our 21's did it with factory, city issued ammo.
    Which was a rotten shame, I could shoot better with the 21 than with any handgun I've ever used.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information