Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Hide it or flaunt it?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flaunt, criminals beware

2 2.99%
  • Flaunt in an understated way

10 14.93%
  • Only on "special" occasions

27 40.30%
  • Hide it ALWAYS

28 41.79%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    I will say though that although most of us profess to hide our "cop-ness" most long time criminals can usually spot us from a thousand miles away unless we make honest attempts to hide that which gives us away. Just food for thought.....a tshirt or a bumper sticker is usually NOT what gives us away.
    +1 , I agree with that, When I go out of town (out of my county, we have a small population, everyone in my county that lives here knows I'm a cop) I dress like a thug, (Baggy jeans, baggy shirt, sometimes I put earrings in, and since I can have a goatee on the job it helps even more) know one is the wiser.

I once purchased some parts for my AR-15 down in Texas, the guy didn't want to sell them to me cause he though I was a gang banger, when I handed him my creds he almost pooped his pants. He said he had no idea that I was in LE.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

danninator is offline po-leece
    Verified LEO
    I won't even wear my uniform to/from work. No one knows except my friends and family. When people eventually do find out they are shocked.

We actually had a plain clothes exercise over the course of three days for counter survelliance against hired actors. I was the only member of the 30 student class that wasn't made.

I have a friend who looks like a cop, acts like a cop, and flaunts it constantly. You can spot him a mile away. I actually have no idea what his interest are outside of law enforcement.

Me it's my job... a job that I enjoy but when i'm off-duty I can seperate very well and turn off. That's not to say that I become a sheep, but I an hang out with my non-cop friends and talk about things other than the job.
    No life 'til leather gunna kick some ass tonight.

kannahspapa is offline An old cop the kids call Grandpa.
    Verified LEO
    I wear a confederate soldiers cap, a sawed off double barrel with a tie down rig, cowboy boots. a bandalero across my shoulder to carry my extra rounds............. whoa wait a minute, that was a western that I watched as a kid starring Nick Adams. We are a rural Central Illinois community, very few people in the county don't know who I am, so I'm always being recognized and asked questions. Most know where I live and what I drive, know my kids and grandkids. That happens when you've been on for 29 years. I like to wear jeans, a pullover, tennis shoes, and a ball cap, just be comfortable. I have some t's that say something about LE, some that talk about my grandkids, why I even have one that says silence is golden, duct tape is silver. If people approach me I talk to them, if they don't I go about my business.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kannahspapa View Post
    I wear a confederate soldiers cap, a sawed off double barrel with a tie down rig, cowboy boots. a bandalero across my shoulder to carry my extra rounds............. whoa wait a minute, that was a western that I watched as a kid starring Nick Adams. We are a rural Central Illinois community, very few people in the county don't know who I am, so I'm always being recognized and asked questions. Most know where I live and what I drive, know my kids and grandkids. That happens when you've been on for 29 years. I like to wear jeans, a pullover, tennis shoes, and a ball cap, just be comfortable. I have some t's that say something about LE, some that talk about my grandkids, why I even have one that says silence is golden, duct tape is silver. If people approach me I talk to them, if they don't I go about my business.
    Hiya, Johnny Yuma......
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

kannahspapa is offline An old cop the kids call Grandpa.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Hiya, Johnny Yuma......
    Howdy Cap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information