Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Miker41 is offline Hotty Toddy!

National Night Out

I need a little input here. I am a civilian in charge of Crime Prevention for my agency.

What are some interesting, fun, or innovative ideas you have or have seen to increase participation and attention to National Night Out? My City is approx 25000 with a mainly middle, upper middle and upscale population and many neighborhoods already have small "street parties" for the occasion but I would like to really bring more attention to NNO.

All ideas appreciated!

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    Usually, a BBQ, or something like popcorn and soda stands, are pretty popular. You can hold the event at a community center or a park. We like to use the community center AT the park Hand-outs including crime prevention are good things to do, as well as fingerprinting for the kids. If your department can afford it, bring in a tactical unit, K9 unit, air unit, etc., and do demonstrations.

You can also assign a couple of officers to drive around the housing tracts, say hi to the folks, do the popcorn bag/soda thing, etc. Or a combination of all of the above.

mg32 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
    You can also assign a couple of officers to drive around the housing tracts, say hi to the folks, do the popcorn bag/soda thing, etc. Or a combination of all of the above.
    Can we checjk their ID and run 10 and 20's on them? Don't wory little Johny Daddy will be home soon.
    Where were you?

"Just a man with a fork in a world full of soup." PZO

Miker41 is offline Hotty Toddy!
    Thats good stuff but we already do that for the most part. I didnt really make myself clear. Im looking to do something to promote the event maybe a week before. I have heard of C.P.Officers living on a billboard or in a dumpster for a week. NO! I do not want to do either of those...any other suggestions??

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    Well, maybe a month or so before the event you could put fliers in the city water or trash bills. Closer to the event you may want to do those annoying screen door hangers (advertisements you hang on door knobs), etc.

Although the dumpster thing sounds like a winner

Thread Information