Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    troopa562 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Yeah...........so Idaho pays for our uniforms to be dry cleaned, up to $35 a month. Anyone else get this benefit? I thought it was a common benefit for dry clean only uniforms.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by troopa562 View Post
    Yeah...........so Idaho pays for our uniforms to be dry cleaned, up to $35 a month. Anyone else get this benefit? I thought it was a common benefit for dry clean only uniforms.

We still get this benefit, although very few people wear dress uniforms any more.

Please submit your info to be verified if you have not done so, and welcome to OR.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Bratwear jumpsuit just like Mac. Woolite dark, gentle/dark cycle on the front load, air dry in the dryer. Works fine, extra rise if I have blood or foreign stuff on the uniform.

I wash it by itself, never with anything else.

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Oh I see...the shirts give you muscles to impress the cute waitresses. Got it.

JSO is looking for a badge bunny.....
    Never! (always)

I can't believe that's how shallow you think I am! (even though it's true)

The shirts don't give me muscles, the gym and the self restraint from eating Buttercups brownies all the time, (or anyones else) gives me muscles.....the shirts just take their attention from my bald, battlescared, old face, and make them look at my arms while I dream of doing nasty things to them...........
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Bratwear jumpsuit just like Mac. Woolite dark, gentle/dark cycle on the front load, air dry in the dryer. Works fine, extra rise if I have blood or foreign stuff on the uniform.

I wash it by itself, never with anything else.

You run yours in the dryer? I've been terrified to do so since I saw the fuzzed up one.

At damn near $700 to replace it, I can't risk it!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

troopa562 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Thanks!

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    We're supposed to wash them? I just go buy new ones after wearing them for a few months
    Wash?
    I have noticed that fewer people flag me down or stand around talking to me in the Summer time. I thought they just did not want reports because I resolved all issues with my good looks.

It would explain why I think I smell rotten cheese in my patrol car, its me.

I use ye ol soap and water in the washing machine. Nothing fancy, we get to trade our unis in when they get worn out.
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
    That pretty much says it all

Thanks!
    I'd have to ask my wife, but I'm pretty sure it's something like, put them in the washing machine, select the water temp, add some soap and close the lid. When the machine beeps, open it up put them in the dryer, add a fabric sheet or two, select a temp, close the door and push start.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    I give the dirty ones to the wife, and in a few hours, she gives me clean ones.. Farking miracle.

I wash mine.. Toss them in with a cup of detergent to get the swamp ass smell out of them, then dry on delicate cycle. Then I Iron each one the night before I use it. 100% polyester.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    You run yours in the dryer? I've been terrified to do so since I saw the fuzzed up one.

At damn near $700 to replace it, I can't risk it!
    Why do they cost so much? My zippered uniform shirt cost about $30 and pants $25 - Actually I got another uniform shirt on sale for $8, but without a zipper. Even if I opted for wool, it would have been less than $150.

At the sale price I got, the tailor charged me more to put the patches on than I paid for the shirt.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

imdapopo is offline No, I don't speak Spanish and my name ain't mami!
    Verified LEO
    I wash and iron my shirts and pants myself. I wash both with Cheer Bright Clean detergent in the gentle cycle. If they get blood or other nasty stuff on them, I add some Clorox for colors, or throw them out. Our shirts are a polyester/cotton blend and definitely need to be ironed. Our pants are 100% polyester and when air-dried don't even need to be ironed. The crease is permanent. I'd rather do them myself and have them smell good. Plus the dry cleaners always busts the shirt buttons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information