Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the community college is not that hard to go to, send them my info a copy of my GED and my scores and their sites and papers say they give scholarships for scores over 2850 and above i scored a 3040 which is enough to get a full 2 year scholarship... not that bad eh? lol

my background is clean i do have some Suspended Imposition of Sentences on me though but i am trying to work with the prosecuter on getting this stuff cleared up. waiting on a letter. if not i have to wait till february to get it off.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 09blackonblack View Post
    my background is clean i do have some Suspended Imposition of Sentences on me though but i am trying to work with the prosecuter on getting this stuff cleared up. waiting on a letter. if not i have to wait till february to get it off.
    "Suspended imposition of sentences" is not a clean background. Check your math.

Given this information, I'd be concerned over the actual offenses charged which resulted in the 'suspended imposition of sentences'...

Go to the military. Support the kid. Learn about life. Then check back in.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Agreed.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    "Suspended imposition of sentences" is not a clean background. Check your math.

Given this information, I'd be concerned over the actual offenses charged which resulted in the 'suspended imposition of sentences'...

Go to the military. Support the kid. Learn about life. Then check back in.
    I agree.

I'm not asking you to disclose here the circumstances... but you probably should discuss that upfront with the agency recruiters. Most PD background forms ask "have you ever been charged with..." You're stuck with a "YES" there... and some offenses will stop your application dead (like most felonies, and anything that falls under the "crime of moral turpitude" label.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I didn't see the above until now, yeah military sounds like a good start, a GED alone will be a hard sell at most departments, even the small towns.

Your in Kansas right? Ever think of heading South to Oklahoma? Agencies here are always hiring, OHP (Oklahoma Highway Patrol) for one. Also the smaller cities and towns here are a good foot in the door. You could always go back to KS after a couple years down here on a later transfer.

You may also want to look at CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and USBP (United States Border Patrol) they are hiring go online and have a look. It's a foot in, even if it's not your cup of tea.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Roller2200 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    If willing to relocate, your sure to find something.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Roller2200, only verified LEO's are permitted to answer questions in the Ask A Cop forum.

If you are such an individual, you have seven days to provide your information to Pudge113 or countybear for verification.

Thank you,

Maclean
    Site Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information