Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Which Vest

Which Vest

I was just brought on by the local police department as a reserve officer. Obviously as a reserve I am last to get the good equipment and as such it was suggested that I purchase my own vest as the one I'll get will be one of the more uncomfortable ones.

So I'm looking for suggestions on a good concealable vest. I would rather pay more for a good once since my life may rest on it some day and I want one that I'll be more comfortable in and can keep and use for many years.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just get a Galls brand cheapo. Still made by a reputable manufactor and alot cheaper.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Like this? - Galls® LFlex Level IIIA Body Armor - BP427 : Galls

Oh and I was told on another forum to get the protection level IIIA. Is this something you guys/gals agree with?

Here's the exact vest the other forum told me I should go with. What's your opinions on it? ABA Extreme HP Ballistic Vest IIIA

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How bought this one instead?

Galls® Lite Extended Level IIIA Body Armor - BP383 : Galls

I just saved you $300.00.... Do I get commission?

Even if you get less just remember that it is better then nothing.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Let's keep the opinions on vests levels to PMs guys. We are not in the business of educating our potential clientele here. I know it is easy to find else where, but it won't be found here.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Let's keep the opinions on vests levels to PMs guys. We are not in the business of educating our potential clientele here. I know it is easy to find else where, but it won't be found here.
    It's like you read my mind.

I would suggest checking out reputable manufacturer's. See if they have any customer reviews online.

That, or I'm sure many members here would be more than willing to PM you information on purchasing a quality vest.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    How bought this one instead?

Galls® Lite Extended Level IIIA Body Armor - BP383 : Galls

I just saved you $300.00.... Do I get commission?

Even if you get less just remember that it is better then nothing.
    pgg.....must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express..............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Dont Skimp on your Vest you wear it everyday, skimp on your socks you can change them out everyday.

If you want some info, send me a PM
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    Dont Skimp on your Vest you wear it everyday, skimp on your socks you can change them out everyday.

If you want some info, send me a PM
    PM sent.

Thread Information