Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Delon is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Digital Voice Recorder

Guys and Gals,

Looking at getting a Digital Voice Recorder to replace the mini-tape one the office gave me. I am looking for recommendations for which model and brand I should be looking at and which I should stay away from.

It will be used to record interviews and some contacts at my discretion.

Let's hear what you guys use.

Thanks,

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Any device you look at should be able to hook to and download to a computer for long term storage. It won't do you much good if you try and save evidence and run out of room on the device.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would use something like this if we didn't have our Arbitrator Digital body mics.

ProofPronto.com - Voice Recording Dictation Pen

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    http://officerresource.com/forums/f1...corders-39453/

Olympus WS-311 FTW! I've got pics in that thread.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post

We've got Olympus recorder's as well. Not the same model but, Olympus either way. Just like 121's, ours don't require cords. They have a docking station, OR they have a little SD card in them that plugs into the computer. I am a big fan.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post

I have the same one and really like it.

Thread Information