Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    "I immediately activated my emergency lights as I perceived the driver of the vehicle to be attempting to flag me down. Upon coming into contact with the driver, I learned that he had *blah blah blah* and the driver became belligerent and verbally abusive toward me. I instructed the driver to do the two step, and he pulled away from me... I then proceeded to take said driver into custody and charge him with said offenses"

hey... how was I to know that the moron wasn't trying to flag me down for a real emergency - i mean he was trying to get my attention for something right? and after all, when we have a citizen who is trying to get our attention, shouldn't we see what they need... don't they pay our salary and don't we owe them at least a little bit of our time and attention?

yeah, i'm grumpy today
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

obxemt is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    LOL, there are some excellent retorts here. I sincerely appreciate the laugh after a long day.

Since when is disorderly conduct (in speech or gesture) protected by the first amendment?

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by obxemt View Post
    Since when is disorderly conduct (in speech or gesture) protected by the first amendment?
    Did you want actual case law?

The first amendment has almost ALWAYS been held by SCOTUS to protect the most offensive expression first and most of all.

Most disorderly conduct statutes are in fact held unconstitutional every time they rise.

Start with Tinker v. Des Moines, work your way through Bethel v. Fraser, and end up at Virginia v. Black.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information