Welcome to the APBWeb.
    StoleIt is offline Officer First Class

GF leaving...trouble

Well that didn't take long, literally just got on this site and already need some LEO advice.

Well my GF was leaving my apartment (gated) at about 1230AM this morning and as she just got out of the gate she was waved down by an SUV on its way in.

She called me pretty shaken up and said an African American male who barely spoke English told her that he had seen her car parked in the apartment complex and wanted to get to know her. Invited her back to his place for a beer and indicated he was a resident by opening the gate (residents get a garage door opener thing for the gate).

She said no she was leaving her boyfriends place and if she didn't get home quickly he (me) would begin to worry.

He then proceeded to try to open her car door (it was locked) then he reached into her car to give her a hug.

I believe at this point she drove off. Not sure how the altercation ended.

I think I know where this guy lives and she gave me a solid description of his car (silver SUV and the state of his plates). We just had some new people move into the end of the row and...well one of the cars is an SUV and the other is an 80s Caddy on big rims...So without going outside right now to look I will just assume its them.

Obviously I want to confront this dude and lay him out...but thats 2am had a bunch of drinks me just being pissed off. I wont do anything besides type this until morning...but what can I do? She didn't call the police or anything, I told her next time not to stop and after calling me call the police.

I plan on talking to the apartment manager about this. The complex is about 80% military and if I don't feel safe having my GF come to see me and leave then I will pick up and move. And probably end up bringing a lot of other tenants with me.

I was told there is an off duty LEO that is the "security" person here...never seen anyone or anything like that but thats what I was told when I signed the lease.

Thoughts?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The reaching in the car worries me the most. You don't need to confront anyone while drinking (if I read you post right). Talking to the management or the police will only do some good if you or your gf can identify the guy. If she can, I would talk to the local police (MPs?/Are you on base or just mostly military living there?) and then I would talk to the management and see if there have been any other issues like this. If the guy keeps bugging you or her it is harassment and if he continually goes after the gf I would go with stalking based on his statements he told your gf. Those are AL statues so see what is applicable where you are. If he does that shit in front of you when you are sober let him know that an ass kicking is very legal under those circumstances. Go ahead and jot down his tag numbers if you are sure what he is driving. This way you can have as much info on him to give to the local LEOs if the need arises. Emotions make you do hasty things. Cool off. You have to much to lose. That is why I hated apartment life in college and just after.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Yea I am not gonna do anything right now. I am not drunk by any means, just had a couple whiskey cokes through the night.

I live off base, this definitely wouldn't be a problem on base. The SF (security forces) are so bored you will get ticketed for not coming to a complete stop for 3 seconds at stop signs...and 2mph over the speed limit.

Yea it was definitely the trying to open the door and then going inside the car that alarmed me. Ability to speak English or not, its pretty universal that those actions are not acceptable nor legal.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Lt. it doesn't matter if you're drunk or just smell like a couple of whiskey cokes. Cops of all types from base SF to local city or county people will always wonder about your judgement if you get involved when drinking.

Don't go looking for trouble. Advise the base SF of the incident, as well as your local police. Your SF might blow you off, they might not, but your local police should take an interest.

The advice you're going to get here will be consistent. This is our aircraft, so to speak.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Yea, thats why I am just posting up on here. The best course of action is sometimes no action at all.

SF wont hear about this since I live off base, I reside about 15 minutes away.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Tell them anyway, sir.

(from an old blue beanie)
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll echo the advice given here. Keep us filled in on the progress.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

I let the management know. Wanted a history of it in case it happens again.

I know watch her leave til I can't physically see her car anymore, and told her to A) Not stop and B) Lay on the horn if she has no other option and I'll hear.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Lt. it doesn't matter if you're drunk or just smell like a couple of whiskey cokes. Cops of all types from base SF to local city or county people will always wonder about your judgement if you get involved when drinking.

Don't go looking for trouble. Advise the base SF of the incident, as well as your local police. Your SF might blow you off, they might not, but your local police should take an interest.

The advice you're going to get here will be consistent. This is our aircraft, so to speak.
    Ditto.

Make the appropriate notifications, to both base security/police and local law enforcement. Especially if it turns out the guy is in the service, too, or has any access to the base. (Like being local contract cleaners.) Sure, base security won't care much... but they'll know about it. In all honesty, the locals probably won't do much, right now, either. They're getting a second hand account. INSIST on them writing it up, at least as a suspicious event. That way, it's on the record. And it may be the piece of the puzzle needed for another case, too.

This was a very aggressive encounter, as you describe it. What I would have advised your girlfriend to do is to drive off sooner -- and call 911. At the latest, the time to call and peel out was when he tried to open the door.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information