Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I love those - around here some folks stop and ask if they can have the deer.
    Around here officers have been known to argue over who gets to keep the deer
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Just got reminded of one...

We did a search warrant on a house; the guy who hit the door did a great job. Dented the metal door and sent the lock pieces and a sizable chunk of the frame flying... Towards the end, the homeowner arrived. Not happy about the door. Less happy when she saw the condition of the house. "You ain't leaving till you clean this up!" Tried to lock two of us in... Not so effective when there's a sizable chunk of the frame missing...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

DeputyDuc is offline On a wheel
    Verified LEO
    Stopped a girl for speeding 62/45. "I don't see how I coulda been doin that when my thermometah say I was doin fit-d-five." If the thermometer weren't bad enough she then admits to 10 over.

And just the other night approached some collegiates tokin up outside, odor strong as a papermill,
    DD "Where's the joint."
    Pothead "Sir we don't have any, just cigarettes" [gestures w.open Marlboro box]
    DD [takes box, pulls half-smoked joint out of said box]

APB Guest
    Not mine, but overheard. Background: this kid is a problem child, Mom's not much better.

Officer on phone to mother of juvenile we just picked up driving her car without a license: "Ma'am, we found your son driving your vehicle. He's been placed under arrest. Did you know he had the car?"

Mom: "No, of course not, he musta stole it from the driveway."

Officer: "Okay, then we'll be charging him with felony larceny of a motor vehicle as well as operating without a license and underage."

Mom: "Isn't that like a 10 year prison term?"

Officer: "It depends upon what the judge decides based upon his history."

Mom: "Ok, well, he didn't steal it then."

Officer: "So you knew he had it?"

Mom: "Well..."

Officer: "Because if you did, then we're charging you with knowingly letting an unlicensed operator drive your vehicle. And endangerment of a minor."

Mom: "Um. Give me a minute."

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I got dispatched to a minor motor vehicle crash one bright Louisiana day and upon arriving on scene ,I contacted one of the drivers and as usual I asked her if she was injured and had the following conversation :

Me : " Ma'am , are you injured?"
    Driver: "I don't known, Just a minute, I need to call my husband "(pulls out cell phone and dials)
    Driver (talking to husband on cell phone):" Hey , the cop wants to known if I'm injured."
    Driver(hanging up): "Yes !"
    Me : "Yes , your injured? "
    Driver : "Yes ! "
    Me ( sporting my best warm smile):" You want an ambulance ?"
    Driver : "Hold on a minute" (pulls out cell phone and starts dialing)
    Driver (talking on cell phone) : "He wants to know if I want an ambulance." (hangs up)
    Driver :" Yes !"
    Me : "Tell me what's hurting you so I can pass that information on to the EMTs "
    Driver:" I'm sorry , hold on for a moment" ( takes out cell phone , dials again)
    Driver ( talking on cell phone) :" Hey , the cop wants to know what hurts. "( hangs up)
    Driver: :"My neck."
    Me (trying hard not to laugh):" You have pain in your neck ?"
    Driver : " Yes !"

Her husband must have been a lawyer.
    I put the entire conversation in my report word for word.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Captain, that lady has had MVAs in AL too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Damn, she gets around, because I had that person involved in at least three crashes I have worked here in Florida as well.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Captain, that lady has had MVAs in AL too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Damn, she gets around, because I had that person involved in at least three crashes I have worked here in Florida as well.

She needs to keep her ass at home and make samiches for her husband.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Dispatcher: Possible 10-98 repeat on a gas theft report.

Complailtant: I know what what 10-98 means - The officer told me that last time it means that they investigated, doesn't it?

Me: Well, sorta. Did they finish Last time?

Her: No one would find my stolen gas - My truck won't drive because it doesn't have any gas - kids stole all my gas to put in their mini-bikes.

Her: I wouldn't let the cop start it until he put gas in it. They offered to do that, but they would only put Exxon in from next door. I always use Tom Thumb, and I want the city to pay for Exxon if thats what they use.

Me: Mam. the gas gauge shows half -full. I'd like to start it to see if it runs.

Her (annoyed): I TOLD you it doesn't run because it has no gas. The mechanic said it needs a carburator because it has no gas. Apparently running out of gas destr oyed the carberator. I don't want you screwing it up any more.

Me: No mam, he he probably meant the carb was plugged up or something... excuse me,.... My partner wants to skip all this and just get a report of the person you're accusing of taking the gas.

Her: Well t was kids is all i know.hey were laughing at me while I was tryinng to start it, and one of them said I was out of gas - That one stole it, I'm sure, because he knew exactly why it's not starting,

Me: Because of the carb being stopped up?

Her: No, because there's no gas.

Her: so it has to be him - He's also the only one with a dirt bike -Do you see any of others with dirt bikes? that proves it//

Her: besides, he's the only one who was laughing, and said I had a half tankfull, then he called me a stupid old woman.

Me: Didn't you say it have a half-tankful? That's what I see now. can i try to start it?
    (She lets me try to start it - barrety dead.)

Me; Your battery's dead, but it's readining half-full of gas. So charge up the battery before the mechanic gets here.

Her: I hope you'te a better cop than a mechanic. I'm calling my mechanic tomorrow. This has nothing to do with the battery. Someone stole my gas!

Me: ok, I'd like to hear what the mechanic says is wong with it just to make it official - call us so we can complete the theft report.

Her: yeah sure OK (she never called back)

SO i asked the mechanic what was wrong with it when I saw him a few days later... He said she kept saying the cops said the gas was low, but she thought it was a dead battery after I told her the battery was dead. Howcome you told her the gas was empty and someone stole it? - You know It has a half of tank, don't you?!

Chief: This was a simple report, in & out, why did you take an hour to resolve it, and now she files a citizen complaint saying that you screwed it all up so she wants another officer next time. Your FTO will show you from step one how to put a stop to this.

Me: My FTO was out there on the call before me. He didn't resolve it either, and said she was 10-98.

Chief: Did you hear what I just told you?

So I called dispatch after that and attach another 10-98 flag (mentally disturbed person), then told them to specify that my Chief wants my FTO to handle all the calls at that location

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Guy pulls out from a stop sign in front of a car that has the right of way. Big crash of course. I explain to the driver that even though he may have stopped for the stop sign, he's still required to yield and I'm issuing him the stop sign ticket.

He says, "I did yield."

"No you didn't or there wouldn't have been an accident."

"Well I did yield."
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

hemicop is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Years ago I caught a robbery/homicide suspect. While being questioned by detectives I ra a records check on him & found out he had abunch of outstanding parking tickets. When I told the detective this, the suspect overheard our conversaton & said: " Parking tickets! I Killed that M-Fer, but you ain't pinnin' that (the tickets) shit on me!"
    We couldn't believe it ---own up to murder but not illegal parking??????????

Kimble is offline Fact: sharks love cheeseburgers
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by hemicop View Post
    Years ago I caught a robbery/homicide suspect. While being questioned by detectives I ra a records check on him & found out he had abunch of outstanding parking tickets. When I told the detective this, the suspect overheard our conversaton & said: " Parking tickets! I Killed that M-Fer, but you ain't pinnin' that (the tickets) shit on me!"
    We couldn't believe it ---own up to murder but not illegal parking??????????
    LoL! That's too funny!

Speaking of spontaneous utterances, on Friday our crime scene unit (which I'm a member of) was assisting our child sex crimes unit in a search warrant of a pedophile's residence. While guarding the suspect as we were finishing the search, the suspect says to me an another agent, "My wife is just now starting to comprehend the magnitude of my betrayal." Then, in another conversation, he says he thought about getting into law enforcement in the past, but didn't because "he didn't want to deal with the scum of the earth everyday." I looked at the other agent, and both of us thought, "Like you?"

Fucker lives across the street from an elementary school, hope his indictment comes quick!
    "I'm the only one in this room, that I know of, professional enough carry this Glock 40." -Lee Paige, DEA (just before shooting himself in the leg)

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed" Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I hate it when someone (usually a friend) comes up to me in a public aarea (usually crowed) and says "SHOOT ANYONE TODAY?"

I usually just look at my watch, and say, "got one on the bridge this morning." and walk away. You should see the faces on those around us.

11001001 is offline Bona fide Cybercop
    Verified LEO
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it Beantown.
    After failing the One-Leg Stand three times:

"Can I stop?"

"Yes."

"Thank goodness. I couldn't even do this if I was sober."
    In Memoriam: Officer James C. McBride, MPDC - EOW 8-15-2005

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds. Opinions expressed are solely those of the provider, and no other endorsement should be assumed or inferred.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Woman (blond) stopped for speeding in a school zone " But officer,my child doesn't go to this school!"

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I wish I could "pull over" my customers and arrest them.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    "Come on man, don't take my weed. I paid $20 for that. I was gonna sell it for $40."

Me: "sorry, it's gotta go"

"What if I gave you $10 when I sell it?"

Me: No
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    After spending an entire shift running traffic, running over the radio the cars im stoping, answering calls in my area, and just in general a very busy night, i call on the radio and tell dispatch im heading to the office for paperwork (end of shift) and the dispatcher tells me "i didnt know you were working tonight?!" seriously ive been on the radio all night and youve got what? Amnesia? I swear some of our dispatchers are dingbats.... I want to ask them if they graduated from high school sometimes.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Working on a tip off, we wait to ambush a guy going to rob a post office. He arrives wearing a copy of a UK police uniform. White shirt, black tie, epaulettes, fake mustache and a toy plastic police helmet, too small for him. We let him rob the store (undercover police officer behind counter) and grab him as he leaves.

He says '' I'm not very good at this. I only came out of prison last week from my first robbery.''
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    He says '' I'm not very good at this. I only came out of prison last week from my first robbery.''
    Too bad you didn't look at him after he said that and just give him a brainduster upside his head for being so stupid.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information