Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    With my agency(Sheriffs Office) in South Carolina we don't have many problems. The city agencies in our county are public safety so they do fire and police and seem to have a more touchy feely approach then us county mounties. Then we have a few small town cops and they don't work half the time so there isn't any need to get mad over it! The Highway Patrol works wrecks and traffic and we get along with them just fine. I guess it just depends on whats going on in the county, cause when politics get involved is when we start to have problems. But all in all SAME TEAM!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I probably see the Missouri HP a handful of times a year. As a county officer, we play the jurisdiction game once in a while with the surrounding munis. Most are good and handle their stuff, but once in a while they try to dump on us. Most of the time it is easier to take the 10-50 then stand on the highway arguing.
    Last edited by Beans; 06-07-06 at 03:55 PM.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

OH, and to add to the SAME TEAM point..........If I am in a ditch getting my ass kicked I don't really care what color your uniform is, where you work, what your agencies focus or mission statement is, just get down here and help me out!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

nitestokker is offline Banned
    In Nebraska, for the most part, the state highways and Interstate are left to the State Patrol. However, they are "State Deputies", which means they have arrest powers basically everywhere. The County Deputies usually handle things out in the county, i.e. car wrecks on gravel roads, cows roaming a highway, etc. The city police usually handle everything in town, unless they (we) ask for help. When we ask for help, everyone comes running. But unless we ask for help, we hardly ever talk to the officers from other agencies. I think it must go way back several years or something, I don't know. But there is definitely some bad feelings there and a lot of crap-talking when the other officers aren't around. But the bottom line is that all the BS gets put aside when you really need help. That's the important thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information