Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Disgusted

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Disgusted

Last night I witnessed a "family", husband, wife, child 4y.o?

Mom was tweaking to the Nth degree.

I say this is need for the law to intervene, do I call 911 and detain them?

I have seen this in the past but not involving a child.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Here you could call it in as welfare check. Unless there intoxication/under the influence of something to the point of endangering the child I would not detain them as a concerned party. You will know when that point has been reached since you will be acting as what the courts have deemed a "resonable person". If it is borderline I would get tag information and direction of travel. I would stop them for my own PC and investigate. You could also notify your local DHR: Department of Human Resources that you are concerned for the welfare of child. They have more ways of getting into a private home.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Agreed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Detain them?

Only if you're out of your damn mind. Call the police.

Here, you can only make a citizens arrest for a felony or a misdemeanor that is an apparent breech of peace. You're looking at a welfare check at best.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

incustody1015 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    +1 to the above
    INCUSTODY1015

"You know what makes me sad.... YOU DO!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD CHUG ON OVER TO MAMBE PAMBE LAND WHERE MAYBE WE COULD FIND SOME SELF-CONFIDENCE FOR YOU, YOU JACK WAGON" R. Lee Ermy (geico commercial)

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I need to be more specific. My reasonable person standard would apply to not allowing a drunk drive off with an infant for example. The hell with the drunk as Mac said. We are talking about the immediate welfare of the child. The police should be dealing with the person. If I showed up after the above I would deal with the drunk, and then have DHR deal with the child. This would happen anyway in that example if the parent was arrested in any circumstance and there was no family to release the child to on scene. It is always better to be a good witness though.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Right.

All he said was "tweaking.'

I have no idea what that means to him, or what the other circumstances were. Were they in a Target? A car? On the sidewalk walking?

Does he have training to recognize tweaking vs. a medical condition?

"Tweaking" to me has a specific definition.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Right.

All he said was "tweaking.'

I have no idea what that means to him, or what the other circumstances were. Were they in a Target? A car? On the sidewalk walking?

Does he have training to recognize tweaking vs. a medical condition?

"Tweaking" to me has a specific definition.
    I am guessing meth was the drug. This was in my store that I have worked at for the last 16 years. There have been a few meth users that shop while using. This is usually great entertainment for the rest of the customers. It was different this time since it involved a child.

Training? None that can be considered certified except for what users have told me. The jittery/bouncy/erratic movements that I have seen in users over the years cannot be mistaken for a medical condition.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    Training? None that can be considered certified except for what users have told me. The jittery/bouncy/erratic movements that I have seen in users over the years cannot be mistaken for a medical condition.
    ...unless it is caused by a medical condition.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk View Post
    ...unless it is caused by a medical condition.
    +1

The medical cause for "tweaking" is dopamine overactivity.

You will also see it in Parkinsons patients.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    +1

The medical cause for "tweaking" is dopamine overactivity.

You will also see it in Parkinsons patients.
    I did not know that about dopamine. This person could have that issue also. I have a few customers that are parkinsons and this situation is not that.

The debris in the parking lot points to what is more likely the culprit. I have seen bags of white powder with the instruments to do it with. Someone got in big trouble for dropping those bags while getting their keys out. Numerous empty liquor bottles, usually pints. And dozens of dirty diapers. Probably not the cause but the proof that people with lower IQ have a higher sex drive.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm not disbelieving you, I am merely pointing out that conducting a citizens arrest places in you in a great deal of liability if you do not have documented training and police indemnity.
    I'm your huckleberry...

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    I'm not disbelieving you, I am merely pointing out that conducting a citizens arrest places in you in a great deal of liability if you do not have documented training and police indemnity.
    Also what I was getting at. Walk away, IMGreat101.

Assholes have kids, too. It sucks that they do a shitty job of raising those kids, but you can't fix every problem. This is not the kind of problem that you should be jumping on.

Thread Information