Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    and have the evidence to back up your opinion

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I may be going out on a limb, but every time we articulate probable cause to arrest someone, I feel it's basically our opinion. The circumstances would lead a reasonable person to believe that a crime has been committed. Basically, it's my opinion that I have probable cause to arrest, but it's based on facts and training and experiences. Every crash report I do is basically my opinion based on statements and facts collected at the scene. If everything points to one driver doing something wrong, then I make the crash report say so.

However, putting in a report that it's my opinion that the reporting party is making stuff up, may not be the best option.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    However, putting in a report that it's my opinion that the reporting party is making stuff up, may not be the best option.
    Maybe not. Or it might be precisely the best option.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    As I've said -- there are opinions that belong in reports and opinions that should stay out. If your "opinion" is that of a trained person making a judgment based on facts and evidence -- it belongs in the report, along with the supporting evidence. He was drunk, because he was unsteady on his feet, slurring his speech, and I smelled a strong odor of beer on his breath - yep, belongs in your report. He was an asshole , he was ugly, and I don't like his clothes - nope, not part of your report. You can tell your buddies, you can tell your family -- you can even tell him, but leave it out of your report.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information