Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Duty Gloves

Duty Gloves

As you have seen on the news, Atlanta is no longer a "warm place to patrol"!! I'm looking for suggestions on flexible, warm gloves. Any suggestions?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It has been my experience that warm does not equal flexible. When I hunted I was always fond of glove like this:

Buy Mountain Hardwear Men's Bandito Fingerless Glove - Mountain Hardwear at Moosejaw - Free Shipping on orders over $49

I wore a camo version of these type gloves when bow hunting kept my fingers warm while sitting still, but I could flip the mitten part back and have plenty of dexterity with my fingertips exposed. When it was really cold I would keep small hand warmers in the mitten section. Granted I do not wear these on duty mainly because it doesn't get that cold often enough. I wear gloves, but they are not what I would describe as warm.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm a cheap turd, so I found a good pair of leather Thinsulate gloves at J.C. Pennys.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Ryan701 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I'm a cheap turd, so I found a good pair of leather Thinsulate gloves at J.C. Pennys.
    I thought you were going to say Isotoner. LOL (Not even sure I spelled that right. Shows you how smart I am.)

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLineLawyer View Post
    As you have seen on the news, Atlanta is no longer a "warm place to patrol"!! I'm looking for suggestions on flexible, warm gloves. Any suggestions?
    I've got a pair of these. They're fleece-lined neoprene gloves with slits in the index fingers and thumbs, reasonably flexible and very warm.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    That's irony for you. I was wondering the same thing myself. Are there any gloves that are puncture and cut resistant, but also warm?

CO1259 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Under Armour Coldgear Tact Liner Glove LG/XL

Recently bought a pair of these. I wouldn't trust them for searching mutts, but for keeping my hands warm in general they work very well. It's also really easy to write or type with them on.

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Over the years I have tried, in more dollars than I care to count:different boots, gloves, socks, undervest shirts etc..... all trying to find the holy grail of "the pefect fit". Guess what, not going to happen. I realized I will only find something that comes reasonably close to what I want and what I need. The problem with quality police duty gloves is you can only get them from a catalogh and you can't try them all on. To fit snug, allow for full dexterity to control all weapons and daily function is problematic. In the end I just went for an outside leather with full Spectra lining inside.
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information