Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Racism

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Racism

The accusation of racism by police is well documented. Have any LEO's experienced racism from the public?

I only had one that comes to mind. Myself and a black officer were on a call and this woman (who was black) just would not accept the answers to her problem that I was telling her and that there was nothing that we could do. She looks at me and says "I don't wanna talk to you. You're white. I wanna talk to the black officer." Of course my partner tells her the exact same thing that I was telling her. She got this look on her face like, "you're not gonna take my side on this?" She turned and stormed back to her apartment. I was actually quite shocked at first, not angry, just WOW! Did that really happen?? I laughed about it later on, especially when I found out she's mental.

Of course, there is always the "You're arresting me because I'm black", but that's not what I mean. I mean true racism. Though I did have a white guy say that I was arresting him because he was white. That was funny.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    I experienced/witnessed every remark you described when I worked the street in the early 70's. Happened then and will continue to occur forever. It's the nature of the human race, and the dirt bags you deal with on calls.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Where I work, we have alot of native American that live around here.
    Several time, when I have had to arrest thses individuals, I always get an earfull from the back of my cruiser. "You fuckin white man!" seems to be a local favorite. The last couple Indians have had the pleasure to arrest, I asked them:
    Me: What does your last name mean?"
    Them: What do you mean?"
    Me: Well, Shexnider doesn't sound like an Indian name to me, what does your last name mean?"
    Them: "uhhh."
    That usually shits them up about race.....if it doesn't, I show them my Tribal member card. I have blonde hair & blue eyes. That definitely shuts them up about race.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    My favorite was a young half white half black punk. Myself and a sgt were in his apartment for a domestic. When I grabbed him, he resisted and the sgt and I had to put him up against a wall to cuff him. He instantly starts calling us "racist white cops" and saying that we were doing that because he was black.

The good part? The sgt is a very dark skinned black man. So I start laughing. Dirtbag asks why Im laughing at him. I tell him to look over his left shoulder. He replies that he won't, because the racist whitey will probably punch him. So I lose it and start really laughing. Which pissed him off even more.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I find that stuff just funny as hell when ever I hear it.

What burns me is dealing with it from some obscure jackass, like one I work with. 50 something years old man finds out that he has 1/16th Native American heritage so now he has tribal tattos, a long pony tail that admin cannot make him cut and every time he gets in trouble, the white man is keeping him down.........
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post

What burns me is dealing with it from some obscure jackass, like one I work with. 50 something years old man finds out that he has 1/16th Native American heritage so now he has tribal tattos, a long pony tail that admin cannot make him cut and every time he gets in trouble, the white man is keeping him down.........
    AND YOUR POINT IS.............

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    AND YOUR POINT IS.............
    Come on!! Really...

All of a sudden, he hates whites, blames his uncontrollable urge to F Up on the White man, pulled his teen age son out of school to keep his son from learning the white mans ways.....Files more EEO complaints than any ten other minority group.

I am also 1/16th Indian...I however have not noticed any form of any other racial group keeping me down. My life is a wreck because I F'ed up somewhere along the line. I do look good in my buffalo briefs though.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've also run into, "your harassing me because I'm Gay." I just tell them my Lt. is Gay and that usually shuts them up. Of course my Lt. isn't always happy about that.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post

I arrested a drunk white guy one time who got mad when he learned that his arrest record has him classified as white. He kept going on & on about how racist that is, how nobody asks him, and how he is part Cherokee. I let him rant for a few minutes, and then I assured him that I didn't want to discriminate, told him that his heritage was interesting, and asked him what religion the Cherokee practice.

He screamed "HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW?!" at the top of his lungs in the back seat. My partner had been trying to keep a straight face through the whole conversation, but that pushed her over the edge.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I've also run into, "your harassing me because I'm Gay." I just tell them my Lt. is Gay and that usually shuts them up. Of course my Lt. isn't always happy about that.
    That's funny right there. I'll apologize in advance, but I'm stealing that one.

I did do something like tht once though. We had a really wacked out guy arrested for assault. He kept on that he would pray to Satan until our wives were dead. I told him that he'd be praying for a hell of a long time because Im single, and my partner (standing right next to me) was gay. He's not, and luckily found it funny as hell.

Im definitely stealing yours though.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    yes.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    When I get the usual, I just look at them and say, "I'm gay,Jewish and my wife is black, I'm doing this because your an ignoramous". Of course they don't know what that means.
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge405 View Post
    When I get the usual, I just look at them and say, "I'm gay,Jewish and my wife is black, I'm doing this because your an ignoramous". Of course they don't know what that means.
    That's good! I've also told people that I am a handicapped, Gay black woman trapped in the body of a hetrosexual white guy. They usually have to think about that one for a while.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just tell them, "Well I hope all your children are born naked!"

I have yet to meet anyone that this does not throw for a loop. When they ask or say all children are born naked. Just look at them with your best no shit expression. So far they have all figured out I just don't give a damn what they say.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge405 View Post
    A black man that I arrested insisted that I arrested him because he is black. While standing in docket, I look at him and say that I can't be racist because my wife is black (she's not). He stops talking and gives me a blank WTF look and finally stammers: Well you still arrested me because I'm black. The C/O about pissed herself laughing.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Thread Information