Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Man faces jail after protecting home from masked attackers

Ian Thomson moved to a rural homestead in Southwestern Ontario to lead a quiet life investing in a little fixer-upper. Then his neighbour’s chickens began showing up on his property. He warned his neighbour, then killed one of the birds.

The incident began six years of trouble for Mr. Thomson that culminated early one Sunday morning last August when the 53-year-old former mobile-crane operator woke up to the sound of three masked men firebombing his Port Colborne, Ont., home.

“I was horrified,” he said. “I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know what was happening. I had no idea what was going on.”

So Mr. Thomson, a former firearms instructor, grabbed one of his Smith & Wesson revolvers from his safe, loaded it and headed outside dressed in only his underwear.

“He exited his house and fired his revolver two, maybe three times, we’re not sure. Then these firebombing culprits, they ran off,” said his lawyer, Edward Burlew.

His surveillance cameras caught the attackers lobbing at least six Molotov cocktails at his house and bombing his doghouse, singeing one of his Siberian Huskies. But when Mr. Thomson handed the video footage to Niagara Regional Police, he found himself charged with careless use of a firearm.

The local Crown attorney’s office later laid a charge of pointing a firearm, along with two counts of careless storage of a firearm. The Crown has recommended Mr. Thomson go to jail, his lawyer said.

His collection of seven guns, five pistols and two rifles was seized, along with his firearms licence. Mr. Thomson said he lives in fear that his attackers will return and has taken to arming himself with a fire extinguisher.

“I don’t have enemies,” said the soft-spoken man, who now studies environmental geosciences full-time at Brock University after being injured in a workplace accident. “I don’t know that many people. I’m a quiet man. I just want to go back to my life and be able to live out my days in relative peace.”

Read more: Man faces jail after protecting home from masked attackers | Features | National Post
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We have actually codified deadly force as a reasonable response for someone setting fire to an occupied dwelling.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    UFB.

How does the legal system allow this?

How can "having firebombs lobed at you" not be construed as an attack thus allowing an individual the right of self defense?

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Glad I settled on this side of the border...
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO

To Canadian Brothers WTF?

I came across this post where Ian Thompson was in his house while it was being firebombed in Ontario by two masked subjects he fired his weapon in defense and was arrested. What is wrong with that picture. Survellience video follows.

Man faces jail after protecting home from masked attackers | Features | National Post

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have some questions about this story, too.

I can't imagine the RCMP or OPP felt like defending his home was a crime.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Merged armsmasters thread into this one so we can all discuss it in one place
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Obviously, in Canada, a molotov cocktail is not considered a deadly weapon. What the hell have they been smoking up there, eh?
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm not sure what happened. He looked as if he stood in front of a piece of lead travelling at a high rate of speed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information