Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bigdaddy1 is offline Officer First Class

Other than visiting here

What do you folks do when your on duty and there's nothing going on?????
    What part of "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'm a news junky. I read news from all over. And there is this: Free Online Golf Game - World Golf Tour
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

yooper warden is offline Fish Cop
    Verified LEO
    Books on CD, get them from the public library, makes the time go by fast while driving around on FTD patrol
    John

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I read.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Read, play with the dogs, atv, horsey, hang out with the little woman. And I go shooting
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Be a husband/dad, workout, walk, occasionally run, yard work (I actually enjoy it)

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

You guys are gonna get in trouble if your chiefs find out your doing that kinda stuff on duty Thats for five-o and PPG

(on a side note, I used to enjoy yard work, kinda lost my taste of it for now.)
    What part of "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ooops, didn't get the while on duty part.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

I poke around my bike web sites and some of my 2a sites, but you cant get too involved. If a customer comes in you gotta be ready, also the boss walks by......

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I'll occasionally sneak in here or another forum... but, generally, if I get bored, I start looking for someone to fuck with. That's when I start stopping people for tag lights, or just say hi to someone wandering down the street.

Or... I do a business patrol, and actually go into businesses and shops, like especially the Islamic Heritage Center. Or any other place that really can't figure out why a cop is going to stop in just to chat...

I'll also play the occasional game on my smart phone...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Creepy crawl patrol w/o headlights. Walk a business district. Have a cup of coffee with a store clerk, if we're slow so are they. Stop in the station and approve reports. If all else fails.....eat.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Eat, read the news, meet up with co-workers and shoot the breeze door2door somewhere, building checks.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    On duty, I look for dope, go into businesses, foot patrols, and if I'm in the right beat I look for wildlife and see how close I can get to deer, turkey ect.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    There ain't never "nothing going on".....you just gotta look for it.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Write a ticket or bump someone up, if I'm in the mood.

If not, then I've got a friend whose mind works about the same way mind does. We'll go find some dark corner of the city, read police reports, and laugh.

SteelCityK9Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Look for bad people...they are out there even on the slow nights.

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy1 View Post
    What do you folks do when your on duty and there's nothing going on?????
    I get paid to make sure that nothing is going on. Doing my job effeciently and effectively should be the deterrent to effectively necessitate "nothing is going on". Job satisfaction, smile on my face.
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Create "something going on"
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Drink tea...of course.
    However that can also be done whilst catching up on paperwork an e mails etc.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Other Than Visiting Here

Now I am retired, but when I was on patrol:

-Run some radar/traffic enforcement

-Do a foot patrol and pull on doors of businesses that are/should be closed and locked. (The old chief liked it when we kept the downtown businessmen happy. I doubt that finding an open door prevented all that many crimes, but it was good public relations.

-Walk the bars. (Again, I sort of had mixed feelings about how much it accomplished, but I did occasionally get some good information. Some of the people that would never call the PD, would sort of walk by and tell you about active burglars, fugitives, dope dealers, etc.)

-Sometimes I would park a little ways away, pull out the binoculars, and watch certain liquor stores. It was kind of fun to watch people procure alcohol for minors and watch them in the parking lot right in front of the liquor store give it to minors. Then you come driving up and listen to their lies when you ask them about it. Then you mention that you just watched them through binoculars and their head kind of drops and they often say, "You got me." or words to that effect.

When I was in civil process and caught up, pull up the warrant database and "Go hunting." One of the fun things was to set up on a place where you knew the guy was never coming to the door. Granted, you might have been able to get a search warrant, but sometimes it was fun to sit in unmarked a little ways away, keep working the laptop computer for more data, and surprisingly before long somebody comes out and takes off in a vehicle. Then you can line up a marked car, or more if necessary, to assist in making the stop.

Thread Information